What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I agree...
I have noticed that original haze (and many other nld) become very tall in less than a liter, even as tall as a man, however production is sacrificed .....

funkyhorse

I agree...
I have noticed that original haze (and many other nld) become very tall in less than a liter, even as tall as a man, however production is sacrificed .....
Willy and Johnny, thanks for info
You have grown hazes at many different size pots, I have a question

My first year I grew 3 Purple Haze x Malawi reg fems from Ace and I grew the same cuts in 0,5lts, 2lts, 5lts, 10 lts and 20 lts and found no difference at all in the quality of the bud high coming from the different pots with results as you guys post

Last year I grew same Coljam cuts in 10 and 20 liter pots at same environment with the same soil and found a difference in the quality of high, being the ones in 20 liter pots better quality buds

Is there any difference in the quality of high of original haze flowers grown from cuts of the same mother at different size pots?

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Willy and Johnny, thanks for info
You have grown hazes at many different size pots, I have a question

My first year I grew 3 Purple Haze x Malawi reg fems from Ace and I grew the same cuts in 0,5lts, 2lts, 5lts, 10 lts and 20 lts and found no difference at all in the quality of the bud high coming from the different pots with results as you guys post

Last year I grew same Coljam cuts in 10 and 20 liter pots at same environment with the same soil and found a difference in the quality of high, being the ones in 20 liter pots better quality buds

Is there any difference in the quality of high of original haze flowers grown from cuts of the same mother at different size pots?
I have never noticed a difference in power between plants grown in small pots Vs plants in "large" pots, the only difference is the weight of the final product ...
One thing to take into account, I grow outdoors, maybe indoors it works differently ...

elanius

Veteran
I have never noticed a difference in power between plants grown in small pots Vs plants in "large" pots, the only difference is the weight of the final product ...
One thing to take into account, I grow outdoors, maybe indoors it works differently ...

If you can keep plant happy in small pot, you should not see much difference in potency, but its easier to keep plant happy for 20 weeks in big pot vs small one ime.

elanius

Veteran
Seedsman Ohaze @ 18 weeks

Seedsman Ohaze @ 18 weeks

One of the best, lime green pheno, metallic, pepper, sour fruit flavor and heavy hitting. Also not as hard to grow as some others, better bud structure as well. Great pheno.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
The haze we had on Vancouver Island, late 80s to mid 90's, had a much better bud structure than that, and was still killer pot. Wonder where that went.

LostTribe

Premium user
One of the best, lime green pheno, metallic, pepper, sour fruit flavor and heavy hitting. Also not as hard to grow as some others, better bud structure as well. Great pheno.
View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

What is the range of flowering times among the Seedsman and THH? Early vs later ones?

I saw Original Haze listed at 14 weeks average originally. Todds took 11.5-14 on a small sample.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
THH can go 16 weeks and may reflower along the way. I'm dealing with it now. I'm 13 weeks in and getting new pistils but my lights are weaker. Seedsman will do just as long as I've read.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
As of now I've dropped them to 11/13 to try to get the THH to finish. The lowers are done but the colas are not

elanius

Veteran
What is the range of flowering times among the Seedsman and THH? Early vs later ones?

I saw Original Haze listed at 14 weeks average originally. Todds took 11.5-14 on a small sample.

I harvested earliest THH around 13-14 weeks and the late phenos went 16 weeks.

with Seedsman Ohaze, the earliest pheno went 16 weeks and late one 20 weeks and could use even more. But I dont think I grew them properly, they were much much harder to grow then THH. So take it with a grain of salt. I believe they can be done max 16-18 weeks when nutes, temps, lights everything will be on point. Also the bud structure will be tighter when you balance all factors in favor of their needs... :artist:

B

Benny106

The circle is complete...

The circle is complete...

Church is in session all rise. Seedsman hz, big thanks to the community for making gods work possible!

Attachments

• 20210207_150033.jpg
    20210207_150033.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 17

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I seem to have both, a Annapurna x Original haze female and a now a very slowly declaring Annapurna x Original haze male. I'm contemplating the sense of making an f2. One thing I find real annoying about the haze and it's hybrids is their long veg period. I want to know what I have at 3 or 4 weeks optimally. On top of it all the trait seems quite dominant in crosses. Do you have similar experinces?

Indian Haze, the often forgotten sister line of Seedsman's Original haze on the other hand makes quite early declaring offspring! What ever it was that went into making the original haze must have been even more extreme than a tropical Indian ganja plant. It was in fact the very first strain I ever bought and grew indoors. A sativa geek from the start :tiphat: And if I recall correctly, the plant showed preflowers on day 30 sharp. You never forget your first pistils :D

GoatCheese

Veteran
I seem to have both, a Annapurna x Original haze female and a now a very slowly declaring Annapurna x Original haze male. I'm contemplating the sense of making an f2. One thing I find real annoying about the haze and it's hybrids is their long veg period. I want to know what I have at 3 or 4 weeks optimally. On top of it all the trait seems quite dominant in crosses. Do you have similar experinces?

Indian Haze, the often forgotten sister line of Seedsman's Original haze on the other hand makes quite early declaring offspring! What ever it was that went into making the original haze must have been even more extreme than a tropical Indian ganja plant. It was in fact the very first strain I ever bought and grew indoors. A sativa geek from the start :tiphat: And if I recall correctly, the plant showed preflowers on day 30 sharp. You never forget your first pistils :D
I doubt there’s many modern cannabis strains, esp. sativas that will show sex in 3-4 weeks from seed. Usually most hybrids take 5-6 weeks+ to show first sign of preflowers and even then you have to have 30x magnifying loop to see them
Patience is a virtue :biggrin:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I doubt there’s many modern cannabis strains, esp. sativas that will show sex in 3-4 weeks from seed. Usually most hybrids take 5-6 weeks+ to show first sign of preflowers and even then you have to have 30x magnifying loop to see them
Patience is a virtue :biggrin:

That's what I'm working towards. Just that the Haze didn't get much earlier in almost any of the crosses. The Annapurna Nepalese males can sex in 3 weeks. I have a 3/4 hybrid of it (no indica) that can show sex in two weeks. Neither of them made the haze much earlier.

Hi Thule, I'll do my best to answer your question. First off, I believe this Haze to be a relative of what was given to Nevil by Sam in the mid 80s - there's too much similarity in the aromas of Neville's and Mango Haze for it to be otherwise.

Now if somebody told me the Haze I grew was a Thai hybrid, it wouldn't surprise me...unlike the aforementioned haze hybrids the pure haze reminds me a lot in overall structure to Kangativa's MM, which is a Thai hybrid. Also the airy flowers remind me of the sort of domestic narrow leaf Thai which you often see around today, but better quality.

It is in the aromas that I think the Colombian influence is pronounced - that is not to say the overall structure is not obviously Colombian as well - perhaps it is. However, if you recall Dj Shorts description of Thais and how one branch would shoot up every other day and take over as the top branch - the haze wasn't like that....that is to say it doesn't have the incredible vigor of some of the vaunted Thais that even today can hit 25 feet.

In summary the Haze could be a Thai hybrid in structure, but the flower smells are too sweet and fruity IMO. I tend to believe bigherb and latterly Sam when they say the haze was primarily Punto Rojo then crossed to a green Colombian, then possibly some others. Like a 50% Colombian with the rest being Mexican/Indian/Thai would sound about right.
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
These are plants awesome plants

Latest posts

Latest posts