What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Ive also found Frankincense in Afghan varieties including the Afghan OG cut from USA , and also in a few Afghan X's with zero Haze in the lineage.

Those old Afghans were real special not like todays Afghan you see around

Deep Chunk,Bubba kush,Peyote purple,La affie,Mazar i Sharif not Sour phenos,Maple leaf indica,Master kush and purple phenos of hindu kush have those kind of aromas incense/sandalwood.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
welcome ,,stick around as between the soap operas and handbags at 50 paces occasional pearls get dropped
funniest thing ive read on here for a while , nice one hr ...
Mr Reaper said:

That was dead funny. I reckon that won't be topped this week. Nice one ladies!

I'm sure Hempy only got a time out. It requires a lot to get a perma ban.

I agree, its why I'm growing these. Its all pheno dependent. IMO Haze has terpenes that cant be found in other varieties. They add something truly special. I'm seeing this in most haze hybrids I've made so far. I'm gonna keep looking for plants that have these aromas to breed with. The smell/taste are blowing away everyone that's tried some. Its a lot easier for us to know quality that have experienced it like we use to have decades ago. All of the people that say the weed today is more potent has no clue. :D
i dont think its permanent , so if and when he does come back i hope he chooses to post with more respect to others ,
as he certainly wants folks to respect him ,
thats a two way street ...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
YEP, The nonsense was his own fault. There's def others in other hazzy threads causing drama for self gratification.

LostTribe

Premium user
dont think its permanent , so if and when he does come back i hope he chooses to post with more respect to others ,

Agree, Respect gets respect.

I decided to take a little chop off my quickest looking OHz today. I know I know like a kid in a candy store, I couldn't resist. It smells delightful! At ~73days but its a quick one. Letting it dry out.

Hope I will be able to reveg these but worried as even the lowers are starting or have gone yellow on most of the leaves aside from the buds. Definitely will need to leave some decent sized buds on the bottom, up pot and feed.

Not sure I can get cuttings this far in and not looking so great to root and reveg at the same time.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
i dont think its permanent , so if and when he does come back i hope he chooses to post with more respect to others ,

if it would be permanent, he can easily make new membership with different nickname. old man believes in his truths. truths he got from his godfather. in his world original haze is hay, and only A and C descendants are real hazes :D so whenever whoever will report that original haze has strong terps or is fire smoke, it will piss him off.// he is not alone, but part of such group which is not at icmag for fun or to get knowledge, but for to be authority and practicing opinion inquisition. I think this illustrates their attitude quite nice, message from one of his buddies:

dj8 said:
I noticed it was starting to feel tense. You see I am doing this now cause of the world wide meltdown happening. I didn't want to get on here and start all this till I say Toads plants. I know they fuking lulled me into saying too much but I consider all this my job. You really helped us here man. You've made a change in the narrative with 1 post. Havnt seen much of Karma since. Those guys got screwed major..but passed it on i'm sure. I am not staying on here for ever but if you would like to be in touch send me your email . I only met Gas a couple of months ago as well. Did some nice trades and email about plants . A lot of politics here all right. Nevil wernt joking.

so not really for fun. but to screw/bully/discredit somebody(I think you know this very well from his side Don) and bad mouthed anything which is not true according beliefs they got from godfather. it is hard to believe such idiots exist, but yes :D

JohnnyChicago

YEP, The nonsense was his own fault. There's def others in other hazzy threads causing drama for self gratification.

No that's wrong and is not fair Hammer. The nonsense are the usual provocations. And he thought I was provocating him too. But only seriously offering him seeds, to verify himself what other people are saying or growing. But in the middle of the provocations, it's not always easy to see clear.

The funny thing is that I share the same opinion of Hempy on the smell. The best Hazes are not the smelliest ones. And it's when you outcross the Haze that the real magic happens with the terpenes where the spectrum gets wider and to much smell in a pure Haze line could be an indication it has already been outcrossed, inbred toward the wrong direction or simply not 100% pure anymore.

B

Benny106

No that's wrong and is not fair Hammer. The nonsense are the usual provocations. And he thought I was provocating him too. But only seriously offering him seeds, to verify himself what other people are saying or growing. But in the middle of the provocations, it's not always easy to see clear.

The funny thing is that I share the same opinion of Hempy on the smell. The best Hazes are not the smelliest ones. And it's when you outcross the Haze that the real magic happens with the terpenes where the spectrum gets wider and to much smell in a pure Haze line could be an indication it has already been outcrossed, inbred toward the wrong direction or simply not 100% pure anymore.

This is my experience too.

harvestreaper

Veteran

is it also possible while selecting for decent terpenes decent effects were selected for to?,,as i understand todd did selections with his haze ,,,i know yourself and mac have done selections with seedsman haze but was the seedsman haze itself selected before being released or just repro ,, if not the selections and terpenes showing in todds would make total sense at least to me ,,,i must point out i have no idea either way of either todd or seedsman breeding practices in truth

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
only pure sativa I tried and that has strong penetrating smell is original haze and old timer haze purple. I state that original haze doesn't have to be crossed to get strong smells or to get strong effect, maybe seedsman?. it is just about pheno. the most smelly ones are not green ones. seedsman is only green, and thats why it has only mild smells probably.

on one side there are people who call indica hybrids a haze, on the other side there are people who think more narrow leaf it is, more "pure" and more sativa in effect :D both are radicals and fanatics :D

so although Ohz is hybrid, we have different selections now, it doesn't contain bld - that is for bld haze fanatics. and while it is hybrid, it has huge range of phenos from more nld to less nld - that is for those NLD radicals..

anyone of you have some concept of what haze should be, remember there are many many concepts possible. I dont have same concept as Mac for example. but NLhaze is not result of some haze concept, it is result of making haze hybrid concept and that is difference.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I forgot there is super terpy cut of seedsman haze in Canada. so it is there.. it just depends what selection of seedsman you have, I guess or if you are lucky enough to find. but those who cant find, they can always get cut.

TheDarkStorm

seedsman is selection. no purple, blue or red phenos.

What your saying genetically makes no sense....especially with the tek sam used to preserve original haze

The personal attacks dont make anyone look clever...and doing things like putting up comments from someone who was banned nearly half a year ago to stir up things aint really cool..... we could do with sticking to talking about and discussing plants and genetics in a respectful way.

Also I dont think hempy means anyone any harm...yes he's stubborn an loyal to some...l dont see loyalty as a bad thing...yes he's human an can make mistakes an can be wrong sometimes..but ive never really seen him be malicious or go out of his way to purposely attack someone or paint them in a negative light.

By the way haze is haze...thers a common thread to them that we should be able to detect in them...so yea we should be able to find good ones with similarities in taste and scent...I have found inbreeding them does alter some flavours and scents..but that common thread still links them.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
In the last few months I haven't always had much time to come to the forum often, but man, these discussions have made me want to forget haze and start growing nl and skunk .....

JohnnyChicago

is it also possible while selecting for decent terpenes decent effects were selected for to?,,as i understand todd did selections with his haze ,,,i know yourself and mac have done selections with seedsman haze but was the seedsman haze itself selected before being released or just repro ,, if not the selections and terpenes showing in todds would make total sense at least to me ,,,i must point out i have no idea either way of either todd or seedsman breeding practices in truth

No I don't think the Seedsman was already a selection. It had a to wide range of phenos for that. From very very weak to magic. From 12/13 weeks to 20. The faster were smellier. The slower, hazier.
Which doesn't mean at all, you can't get a smelly very hazy one.
But there are differences between the Haze terps and effects too. And who knows who finds, uses and prefers what.

But at the end when you get reports like below from one or more Haze lines and the opposite from another Haze, you can't expect the same experience, even if both are legit pure Hazes.

View Image
10 pistils after 5 weeks of flower
watchplant.gif
...this is what you get running OHaze
biggrin.gif

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

We all have our own opinions. I'm not the only person that thinks he did it to himself. It was very fair IMO to label it that way. He got a time out for doing it. I dont see anyone else getting a time out.

B

Benny106

We are all just very passionate about the plant, this is why we have to exist together in harmony.

elanius

Veteran
I remember Sam saying that original Seedsman Haze was 1:1 Haze selection done by Sam himself and sold to Seedsman. The open pollination aka saving ohaze genes happened before Seedsman release. Sam then selected parents to make seeds for Seedsman and Seedsman sold them out for cheap because there was very little interest, or better to say, they sold very slowly.

I also think from experience that pure NLD usually doesnt smell too strong, in the meaning you will put the bud on the table and you will smell it in the whole room as with diesel,chems,ogs. But when you squeeze the bud a little, it has intense sharp and strong penetrating smell that has very rich complexity. (not all phenos though..)

harvestreaper

Veteran
No I don't think the Seedsman was already a selection. It had a to wide range of phenos for that. From very very weak to magic. From 12/13 weeks to 20. The faster were smellier. The slower, hazier.
Which doesn't mean at all, you can't get a smelly very hazy one.
But there are differences between the Haze terps and effects too. And who knows who finds, uses and prefers what.

But at the end when you get reports like below from one or more Haze lines and the opposite from another Haze, you can't expect the same experience, even if both are legit pure Hazes.

we,ll just have to bravely soldier on,, as it looks like the only way to find out properly is to smoke all of em an compare ,,:biggrin: