What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Settle down gentlemen - being civil is at the core of civilisation - no need to constantly question another's intellect - just because you disagree - no need to make an academic debate personal -

LostTribe

Premium user
At 10 weeks. I do like how you can dial down the led's but I've run digital HPS ballasts for a long time and they also dial down. Helps with swings in temps too. I've only finished one batch of plants out under this light and it definitely grew denser buds and that was on my Cindy's.

Nexus7

10 weeks seems a bit suspect to be a pure Haze imo but if the Haze effect is there that's all that matters.

Also I think increase in growing and lightning technology has helped bring flowering times down a bit.

There was also B.Early Haze (Brian's) mentioned in that catalog of seeds but I think Sam said it was a 12 weeker.

Interesting indeed!

JohnnyChicago

MAHA i have grown lots of Thais and Colombians and other sativas over the 40 plus years to know what i am posting about.They dont have strong smells in flower and i would go as far as calling sativas great stealthy plants.

This coming from the Guy that posts calling both Nevil and Kanga junky's. Your a bottom feeder kiss ass that has no interest in facts or reality.

Hempy, I have had some pure sativas/Hazes I had to avoid touching in flowering as the whole house would be stinking. Even outside the house it was stinking when a window was open.

Were some of the most stinky plants I ever had.

And were >20 weeks flowering phenos.

Don't behave like a child Hempy.
Did only write I've had Hazes that were stinky.

I have lost a family member on that stuff. So please don't be disrespectful because of the stupid dramas you are having all the time with other people.

JohnnyChicago

What do you people think of Haze males?
Do they smell strong, or not?
Did Nevil ever speak of the smells he was getting from his males?

Haze#C
picture.php

OTHOH#12
picture.php
picture.php

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Don't behave like a child Hempy.
Did only write I've had Hazes that were stinky.

I have lost a family member on that stuff. So please don't be disrespectful because of the stupid dramas you are having all the time with other people.

Johnny firstly sorry for your loss but with all due respect you responded to me after i posted to MAHA.

I responded to you with respect and i stand by my comments of Haze and sativas having a low smell profile compared to other hybrids like the widow or even Afghans.

If me posting that is upsetting you sorry but i cant change that as its the truth.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
10 weeks seems a bit suspect to be a pure Haze imo but if the Haze effect is there that's all that matters.

Also I think increase in growing and lightning technology has helped bring flowering times down a bit.

There was also B.Early Haze (Brian's) mentioned in that catalog of seeds but I think Sam said it was a 12 weeker.

Interesting indeed!

In the 7 or 8 seed Nevil got to germinate from the 1000s of seed he got from Sam 1 plant went 10 or 12 weeks but Nevil culled it as it didn't make the grade.From memory it was a bit more broad leaf to the rest also.

harvestreaper

Veteran
Johnny firstly sorry for your loss but with all due respect you responded to me after i posted to MAHA.

I responded to you with respect and i stand by my comments of Haze and sativas having a low smell profile compared to other hybrids like the widow or even Afghans.

If me posting that is upsetting you sorry but i cant change that as its the truth.

how the fuck can you comment on its smell profile if you never grown it :blowbubbles: ive only grown two pure haze lines one was seedsman one was todds seedsman was plain in smell todds was strong in smell my conclusion so far both smelly and non smelly are in the genepool,,

harvestreaper

Veteran
In the 7 or 8 seed Nevil got to germinate from the 1000s of seed he got from Sam 1 plant went 10 or 12 weeks but Nevil culled it as it didn't make the grade.From memory it was a bit more broad leaf to the rest also.

so no work was done on haze by nevill other than selecting a couple of plants from 7 seeds he got too germ from sam ,,i didnt realise it was as simple as that

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
how the fuck can you comment on its smell profile if you never grown it :blowbubbles: ive only grown two pure haze lines one was seedsman one was todds seedsman was plain in smell todds was strong in smell my conclusion so far both smelly and non smelly are in the genepool,,

so no work was done on haze by nevill other than selecting a couple of plants from 7 seeds he got too germ from sam ,,i didnt realise it was as simple as that

You post this then expect me to make time and post on what Nevil told me he did with haze honestly ?.

I have grow pure sativas for over 40 years harvestreaper i think i have some what of an understanding of them how long you grown them for.

I call Nevil's-Haze haze and i have grown plenty of 50% haze hybrids that have more haze in them than what some call haze get a grip.

!!!

!!!

This is probably one of the best things I've ever read on an online forum I've heard the names neville, Sam and oldtimer1 before being a new grower this is quite a read. :thank you:

harvestreaper

Veteran
You post this then expect me to make time and post on what Nevil told me he did with haze honestly ?.

I have grow pure sativas for over 40 years harvestreaper i think i have some what of an understanding of them how long you grown them for.

I call Nevil's-Haze haze and i have grown plenty of 50% haze hybrids that have more haze in them than what some call haze get a grip.

either what i said on nevil is true or it is not,, very simple,, no need for drama ,,yuor understanding of haze is what in question you say youve grown other sativa 40 years,,,, that is not haze,, if i breed persian cats for 40 years i dont know about siamese do i ,,how long have i grown for on an off since late 80s smoked sativas since mid 80s i class mysef as a world class puffa nothing more lol

harvestreaper

Veteran
This is probably one of the best things I've ever read on an online forum I've heard the names neville, Sam and oldtimer1 before being a new grower this is quite a read. :thank you:

welcome ,,stick around as between the soap operas and handbags at 50 paces occasional pearls get dropped

TheDarkStorm

They were progeny tested meticulous...evry combination you can think of was done, including being put to each other and selfed...and even those selfings were tested in evry combination..doubled up..trippled up...wat ever you can think of was done(apart from were something may have been prematurely lost)...even sam gave him clones he had selected abit later that were tested

Mimpi Manis

Mr Reaper said:
welcome ,,stick around as between the soap operas and handbags at 50 paces occasional pearls get dropped

That was dead funny. I reckon that won't be topped this week. Nice one ladies!

MadMac

far beyond driven...
some haze

some haze

hello haze lovers,
well here a few not often seen plants...
my fav OHz reversed
picture.php

picture.php

another 90' male i'm testing... also resin on flowers and stem..
picture.php

C99 ... the only one from about 14 i'll use resin everywhere...
smell is strong pine... and some cleaner smell... strong terp.
picture.php

A5 Hz ... only one from 5 who got no PM ...
i'll only use PM free strains to cross with the haze...
doesn't matter how fancy a strain is ... PM = trash
picture.php

all the best
M

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hello haze lovers,
well here a few not often seen plants...
my fav OHz reversed
View Image
View Image

another 90' male i'm testing... also resin on flowers and stem..
View Image

C99 ... the only one from about 14 i'll use resin everywhere...
smell is strong pine... and some cleaner smell... strong terp.
View Image

A5 Hz ... only one from 5 who got no PM ...
i'll only use PM free strains to cross with the haze...
doesn't matter how fancy a strain is ... PM = trash
View Image

all the best
M

I am very happy to see C99 in here ... :biggrin:

Last edited:

harvestreaper

Veteran
They were progeny tested meticulous...evry combination you can think of was done, including being put to each other and selfed...and even those selfings were tested in evry combination..doubled up..trippled up...wat ever you can think of was done(apart from were something may have been prematurely lost)...even sam gave him clones he had selected abit later that were tested

thanks for the info,,sounds like he really valued those genetics ,, interesting the fame for him came from crossing to nl5