What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

monkey5

Veteran
Herbalistic, yes, i think any work by Sam the Skunkman will be Very Nice !!!! i am just so excited to have this plant outdoors !!! and she really looks great!!! i still have another pack left,too!!! Durban/skunk#1 is very sativa looking plant , for sure !!! i would have grown the OH X skunk#1 plants if he (my friend) ,had given me the choice, haze is just more to my liking !!! but this is nice ,too !!! monkey5

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Herb manggg I still have my haze mothers ready to be cut whenever you need a cut, got the pure, then we got the OHxSK#1 and of course that one plant, from the seeds we got of the mom (1 of 9 actually, others were freaks and hermies) that hasnt thrown any nanners and is about as ripe as it gets, gonna go check them out this thursday...

Last edited:

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
I would luv to ask Sam the skunkman when he's gona pop those Roadkill skunk seeds he has? I know his whole breeding direction was with the sweet skunk taste and smell which is legendary of course. The want for Roadkill skunk is very large, everyone seems to be searching yet no one can find it.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Ask Gypsy to post the info I gave him for Original Haze X Skunk #1 and the Thai Original Haze X Skunk #1.
I thought he did a long time ago.

I have no interest to re-release Roadkill Skunk at this time, I do not like it and I have no interest to spend time working on things I do not personally even like. Maybe later I will, just for all the people that keep requesting it. But for now I have things that keep me busy.

-SamS

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
people have been begging for the roadkill back for years. If you actually have the pheno i cannot understand why you wouldnt give the people what they want. This community shows alot of love.

H

Hazeseeker

I think it would be superb if you were to release it sometime in the future Sam, give all the seasoned gardners who remember it a chance to grow that forgotten timepiece and us younger, less experienced growers a taste of something truely special, it's something i would really look forward to indeed

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Sad you think pretty fucking lame. Do I owe you something?
Regardless of what anyone thinks, it is my original work and I want to keep it until I have the time to work with it again. To those who think I have nothing to do but satisfy their requests and make them happy, I ask do you have the time to spend a few years on a project your heart is not into, you have no real interest in, to make someone else maybe happy? Give me a break...
Remember, I am not here selling seeds and I will sooner or later get around to it and release it to anyone that wants it.
I just wish someone would of kept a clone of RKS from back in the old days, then no one today would want RKS, most people just want what they don't have, it's a human fault. But I am sure some people did prefer the RKS, but they did not bother to keep it around in seed or clones. It bred true it was not hard to do, but no one cared enough. What does that mean?

-SamS

T

toodles

What does that mean?

from SamS above.

It means most of them are fucking whiners Sam. They're kids who grew up with no manners and an "attitude".

I'm sure those adults who were sincere in their interest in RKS understand your feelings.

Toodles, a 60+ admirer of Sam's work.
:rasta:

Last edited:

Guest423

Veteran
lmmfao...it means people that had the real RKS either got to paranoid or busted because of the stench and lack of todays odor control...it has nothing to do with no interest in keeping it.

people that beg sam to "re-release" rks are wasting their time thats all that is...for one he has no interest and for two he doesn't have rks.

wipe off your nose toodles.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Time2Unite said:
lmmfao...it means people that had the real RKS either got to paranoid or busted because of the stench and lack of todays odor control...it has nothing to do with no interest in keeping it.

people that beg sam to "re-release" rks are wasting their time thats all that is...for one he has no interest and for two he doesn't have rks.

wipe off your nose toodles.

I am so glad that someone who was not around at the time knows the reasons better then someone who was there. Most of the herb was grown outdoors back in the old days, smell was not as much of a problem. One of the two re-release reasons you list is true, the other speculation at most, but that is what you hear from someone who has no idea what I have or do not have. I do have RKS Skunk #1, believe me or not, I do not care. But I find it odd that you think you know, and that I am lying. I have never met you dude, and you do not know me at all or have any idea what I may or may not have. Just like I have no idea what you may have or had in the past. If you don't realize this then I feel sorry for you.
Maybe I should not expect much from a grower that has posted many times on biggest yield, earliest maturing, as well as RKS and his total number of posts. Life is not about the earliest, biggest yield, or even the strongest RKS, and certainly not about total post counts, at least not to me. Cannabis has much to offer growers that take the time to grow Sativa's that are late maturing and lower yielding. Taste and effects and potency are the most important to me. And while I understand that different people like different tastes and effects, I really don't get why some people really want to smoke pot to be out of it, instead of smoking to be getting into it. But I do think that everyone has the right to smoke what they like, regardless of what I think of the product. I even hope you find a RKS that turns your crank, I would like everyone to find the Cannabis that they need or love.

-SamS

Last edited:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Hehe, how the hell did this turn into another rks thread? The old hippies here were too lazy and ignorant to keep it around. ANYWAY, I have done a lot of OHaze crosses lately and also have grown a few plants of the OHaze x Sweet Tooth#3 cross I made earlier this year. Results so far have been very promising, a lot of variation in this first generation but most of the plants are very potent and taste great, plants mature a lot faster than the haze mom but still take around 80 to 90 days at least to get the best results but anyway, Im already very satisfied with this cross, brother Underground has a great grow report here -> http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=88683

Now that I think of it...for example: If people were all crazy about lets say Lowryder that I really HATE, and I was the only human being on earth that had it and thousands were begging me for it then still I wouldnt spend a minute breeding it or making seeds of it because I wouldnt have any interest doing it...until there was 100000 people asking it, then I'd make me a site and sell em for a good price and spend rest of my life enjoying the money I got and grow tropical sativas somewhere near equator. Maybe buy me a island. My point: I wouldnt spend a few years of my precious time breeding something I dont like, after all, I grow for myself only and I only grow plants and varieties that I like . Have a great day all.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Time2Unite said:

Well I will agree that I don't understand why everyone don't want a plant so they can get too paranoid or busted....

-SamS

T

toodles

Cannabis has much to offer growers that take the time to grow Sativa's that are late maturing and lower yielding.

Amen to that. I may be new at growing, but I know that statement to be true.

I made some seeds from my MNS SSH. I'd love to cross those in turn with some of Sam's Original Haze to see what comes from that.

From my readings it looks like most use the males from OH fro breeding? Although one could do the cross both ways. Problem is I only grow for my self in a tiny little grow tent at this time.

I know I won't have any selection to speak of, but I don't care. To me it's fun seeing what comes out of a cross. It'll all smoke good for me..

Keep up the good work Sam. Screw these arrogant young punks. Let's hear it for us Seniors!!!!!!!!

Toodles

My SSH x SSH Day 76....waiting patiently :)

JJ-NYC

I would like to see RKS released. Sam if your not into doing a RKS project, then why don't you find someone who is into doing a RKS project and do a joint venture? It will give the people what they want and spare you the trouble of doing something that your really not into, while still getting acknowleged for your work.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
JJ-NYC said:
I would like to see RKS released. Sam if your not into doing a RKS project, then why don't you find someone who is into doing a RKS project and do a joint venture? It will give the people what they want and spare you the trouble of doing something that your really not into, while still getting acknowleged for your work.

I do not really work much with other breeders besides a few close friends, but I will consider it.
-SamS

Guest423

Veteran
Sam_Skunkman said:
One of the two re-release reasons you list is true, the other speculation at most, but that is what you hear from someone who has no idea what I have or do not have. I do have RKS Skunk #1, believe me or not, I do not care.

Maybe I should not expect much from a grower that has posted many times on biggest yield, earliest maturing, as well as RKS and his total number of posts. Life is not about the earliest, biggest yield, or even the strongest RKS, and certainly not about total post counts, at least not to me.

-SamS

i never knew you released RKS beans...i thought you've told me before that you bred out the rks side of the skunk long before you ever released it....if so how can you re-release something you never released? you've said them beans you have are so old you don't even know if they would germinate...you don't really care if they do or don't....thats cool with me they are your beans...i just don't think you have rks....and even if you did but you just sit on them it's just like you don't have it anyway.

lol i like how you say i don't know you but then you turn around and pretend like you know me...i've posted MANY times about biggest yield and early maturing strains? what did you wonder who i was so you checked my posts or the threads i've made in the past? and what does my post count have to do with anything?

you might as well bring up my karma while your at it...afterall i've recieved most of it from people because of mine and yours past conversations about skunk#1 and RKS.

if you really knew me you'd know that i don't care about yield or early maturing strains....almost all my strains are low yeilders and i like to grow all my strains to the limit. even 3 yrs ago when i was asking about high yielders i still said i'd give up yield for more potency and taste....the early maturing thing would be because i also grow outdoors in a northern climate.

but thanks for trying to make me look like a newb...i'm honored you bothered to check my past threads to try and find something to discredit me....afterall your sam the skunkman and i'm just T2U right?

just like everyone else that says something you don't agree with no i wasn't there...and i never claimed to be.....i just find it odd everyone else is misinformed and lying but you everytime.

you act like RKS was only around 30 yrs ago or something....i seen it all the way up to 99/00...as far as i know people have been growing indoors since the mid/late 70's...so obviously people growing indoors along the way got busted because because lack of odor control...the kind of odor control we have today is way better then the odor control of even 10 yrs ago....thats
why so many people are willing to grow it now.

you always say people only notice what they want to notice, and you only see what you see, not what you want to see.

thats how i feel about skunk#1 and RKS....i've never seen anything in skunk#1 that would lead me or 1000's of other people to believe they are one of the same....i've wanted to notice RKS and see RKS in skunk#1 real bad but it's never happened and never will.

between me and tons of other people that have grown the skunk#1's, the skunk#1 crosses, the cheese, cheese crosses, cheese s1's, the RKS terpenes would of peeked its head out somewhere....wouldn't you think?

there's alot of other strains that have more of an RKS terpene then any of the skunk#1's or cheese....thats what i've seen.

also i'm pretty sure the RKS terpene was around before you even popped your first seed....you can get landrace beans that have been around longer then you or me that has RKS terpenes....and you can cross them with other strains you didn't' create and get RKS.

no disrespect to you or things you have done.....i read what you say and i take notes on many subjects...i just disagree with you on this one....i know you don't care and have nothin to prove.

i'm not gonna clog up this thread about rks though....so i'm done posting in here but your welcomed to come to my RKS thread if you want....have a good one....peace

T2U

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
"and even if you did but you just sit on them it's just like you don't have it anyway."

To you yes it is, to me no it is not, I can work with them if I want to, they are frozen and I bet they still sprout, I have a lot of them. I did bring over 250,000 seeds to Holland when I came back in the 80's, a lot were Skunk #1 lines.

When Skunk #1 was released in 1976 it was all RKS, skunky as hell. But as I worked it for a decade before taking it to Holland it was pretty different by then, even though it looked much the same. The changes were in the smells, taste, and effects as well as potency. The old RKS was much more of a knockdown, couchlock, loaded kind of high. Through selection I sweetened it up and made the high more of an up high rather then a knock down. I will admit that some of the original RKS Skunk#1 were a bit more potent, but I did not like the taste or high.
I am real sorry you and maybe others do not like my sweeter Skunk #1, but I can tell you that most people did prefer the sweet version when I offered both in the late 70's early 80's. But regardless seeds were not made from clones back in the 70's, the varieties changed no matter how careful the breeder was. New females and new males were used each year to make the seeds for Skunk #1, and while Skunk #1 was pretty Homogenous it would change dependent on the selection used to make the next generation of seeds. I had hundreds of female parents as well as dozens of male parents each year trying to hold on to most of the Skunk #1 genes so that it did not change much. Other people started making Skunk seeds and I doubt they had so many females or males to select from, so the changes happened much faster.
I am glad I am wrong about you only caring about yield, speed of maturation, and potency. While important, Cannabis has a lot to offer that is not about yield & maturation.

-SamS

Last edited:
E

ElectroSticky

Skunk1 .. developed by SSSC. or cultivators choise.... samskunk ...

'' 10 years ago the Sweet Skunk arose from an Afghani , a colombian and a thia...... ''

jejeje ... i've been reading ... :rasta:

Last edited: