What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TomHill said:
Don't get me wrong XyZ bruddah,

If I was crunching numbers in the closet I would not cull a lamb. However, if I was dealing with numbers... I know Haze. It is resinous on the stem in veg to the tune of 75%, it smells like a metal shop for lack of a better definition to be sure, no other word for it.
I know what you mean Tom ...the numbers could be always bigger... but i also learned that with a bit luck & a good eye/nose analysis it's not so hard to find a solid plant, which can show very impressive results in the final testing of the progeny. a relatively smaller number of plants gives more time to make proper analysis with each plant, so the potential for mistakes is lower. the metal shop smell you mentioned is good info though, i'm much familiar with such locations and know this specific "metal atmosphere" :wink:
I'm wondering if anybody got a tropical-thai smelling male?

some of my o.haze clones ..a few have early resin on the stems... a bit sticky but no metallic or fruity odor so far :D

Last edited:
G

Church insence aaaah!!!!!

Not only have i found that smell in one haze cross,
but 2 good ones so far the other being from SSSDH!!!!!
Same sweeeeeeet smelling plants just about,im gonna look
again ive got hundreds of F2's from all kinds a hazes........
Right now im giving those THAI clones another shot outside!!
Got one LEDA UNO hazy pheno finishing up after 6 months.........
Mystically sweet an lemon greasy too!!

ALSO i have an Ohaze pack from seedmans shit to try friends!
Getting about that time i guess hehe...
Keep it going friends,good talks going on here!

G

Few weeks till POP time BH....

SO damned HOT i hate summers...
Muggy as a dogs ASS too?
Boy those thai plants/clones are bushes already?????????
Hope they flower better outside,a few have started pre's...
Got a bunch of hazy surprizes going this summer!

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a crazy haze in veg

a crazy haze in veg

got a really nice frosty individual from SamS O.Haze ...male or female... this plant will be used for breeding
15012IMG_0378.JPG

15012IMG_0374.JPG

15012haze1.JPG

15012haze2.JPG

What do you think Sam? :D

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I really judge my plants during flowering and after drying and curing, as well as taste smell and HIGH. I am in no hurry to weed out and get the numbers lower.
But lets hope the plant is female and frosted to hell.
What is in the picture looks like mostly non glandular trichomes to me.
I do see some capitate-sessile glandular on the stems. But what you want is capitate-stalked glandular trichomes.
-SamS

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the responding SamS
& special thanks that you made this seeds available for such a low price. You are a true legend! :D

Yes what we really want are the capitate-stalked glandular trichomes, hope they will grow a lot on the flowers.
Have you ever seen a good density of this c-s g. trics on the stems?

Have a few more packs in the fridge ...they will be grown soon... now i only started the first experimental pack. i'm already impressed though, this one plant is getting interesting imo... but you are also correct about the final selection, which should be based on the smell/taste and most importantly the High'

Now if this 1 will be a male plant, than it's a different story as we know, odor is still something but potency can't be judged without machines and even than we don't know The "high" ...think i will just have to cross it and explore the progeny (which is always fun:)

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
As for dense c-s g, yes I have seen this many times.
That is my favorite use for O Haze, to make incredible hybrids often better then either parent. With any luck you will see what I mean.

-SamS

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sam, I have a question about the Thazexsk1. I only have two potted, one male and one fem. The fem was topped once before I flowered it and it bled very similar to the picture that XyZ is showing, only the color was darker than his...almost coal black.
The male did not bleed any coloring when topped.

Is there anything that can be gleaned from this sap in terms of the plants worth or phenotype?

Btw..I am keeping my male cut as it shows mucho stem trics, (although similar to X'ys) and I smoked him. It had a very satisfying upbeat high to it.
Having a very limited supply of these seeds, I am keeping this male and hope good things come from it.

Thanks for your very generous works.

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to know Sam!

I understand you judge only from flowering plants and finished product but i think in this daze you know the haze. would you say this trics in veg are somehow linked with the superior smoke? should i really hold all plants till flowering & test all males or rather just look for the individuals who show the csg trics on the leaf & also stems already in veg? haze is insane indeed :D

thanks again for the priceless info'

Last edited:
E

ElectroSticky

SamS , your stuff is amazing!!
:joint:

Mr. Skunkman , keep up the Skunkness !!!!!!!!!!

:smoweed:

Last edited:

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Think i have to find the answer by myself this time ...Sam has probably better things to do than playing a haze mentor on the forums all the time... have understanding for that. always like reading his posts though :wink:

will do my best with all plants but can't wait to see what results will be produced from this frosty individual on the pics, i'm almost 100% sure the scg trics will pump up in flowering a lot. my observations from other lines showed me that the non glandular trichomes are usually growing first, than come the capitate-sessile glands on the stems and finally the c-stalked on the flowerz. my experience is that plants with early resin in veg are often superior (smell & resin wise) in flowering. this may be a different story in the haze line though. it's fun to explore anyway :D

~will make more pics when it's gettin really interesting

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Original Haze

Original Haze

Here's a quick pic of my Original Haze mother plant the day it went into flower which was around a week ago.
She's got to be 1 of my favourites even tho she takes 16+ weeks to flower and the longer the cure the better it gets,you can definatly tell the differance between fresh and the cured haze.

The first time i grew her and 6 of her sisters i flowered from seed and they all took 3-4 months before they even thought about flowering,then another18 weeks after and it would of gone longer to but i needed the room and i nearly chucked all the cuttings because they were just fucked up no resin hardly and a hay/grass taste and flat high but i decided to flower the clones and o boy what a differance it made,all 12 cuttings flowered straight away and really packed on the resin and the high from this perticular female was just what i was looking for,the other fem's were nice but this 1 stood out.
She's got a real deep woody/spice/musky scent to her and a dreamy uplifting high that gets you right between your eye's.She's excellent breeding stock to.

H

Hazeseeker

Hi Sam,
is there any plans in the near future for any new releases from you?, i've currently got your Original Thai Haze x Skunk in the fridge i'm gonna be running sometime this year, a new release of some sort would be the best news ever which i'm sure thousands of other growers around would agree with me

Peace :ying:
Hazeseeker

monkey5

Veteran
Sam, this is not a haze , per se question.... but please answer... i got a freebie made by you ,Sam... durbin poison X skunk1 ... question is :how potent are the individual plants in this line/cross ? plant is in full sun - outdoors ... recieving guano teas every other watering ... when i can get to it !!! She looks real nice !!! only one female out of 10 seeds !!! she really is flowering like mad , for only being early august !! stalk/stem is about the size of a 25 cent piece , but the plant has been bent over and is growing sideways !!! How many plants/packs of these would have to be grown out to find,the plant/plants you produced this line for?? i gave this pack of seeds away but i am doing the growing as this person i gave them to , is disabled .... im hoping for some good meds/headstash for him so he does not have to buy smoke. thank you for making these avalible !!! monkey5

Last edited:

monkey5

Veteran
anyone...

anyone...

i know some strains have killer phenos in every pack !!! just wondering about these... i know ,1 female out of a pack of seeds , is hard to tell if you have a good one... i have had seeds that i could say ,all/any females would ,at least be "good" smoke ... so, anyone grow these freebies out....outside !!! by the way, plant looks killer, sticky, and covered with hairs ,right now,august 15th , very sativa looking .....thank you for answers !!! monkey5

Last edited:

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I've not grown any of these out but with them being from sam i'd expect nothing less than a way above average plant,i'm sure you'll be more then happy with the female you've got,and if she's a super potent pheno and she's in a pot, why not leave some popcorn buds and a little foliage and re-veg her under a envirolite and keep her going until next season.

Last edited:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
I have a few outdoor OHaze plants, been vegging outdoors for a few months, will take pics soon. Oh yeah, and the OHaze x Sweet Tooth#3 is a fantastic cross, something to really work with, it is very promising. Gotta love haze (just smoked some 6 month cured OH) it stoned me! Oh yeah, and we also found one clean and vigorous OHxSK#1 plant from seeds produced by our mother that pops nanners very easily, so theyre selfed/hermie seeds about 90% of them but theres also clean plants in there, we popped the seeds just for fun and oh boy, gotta take pics. :D

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
I think you will propably end up with great results with that DurbanSkunk monkey, it´s nice you have such an opportunity to grow her outdoors!

FJ: Yeah, that OH x ST#3 cross produced some wicked plants for you guys. I think Underground did great job with them..

Please let me know your results with those self pollinated OH x SK#1 plants. I have similar, as you may already know from my loved cutting that got lost, but friend gifted some self pollinated seeds to hunt the same high one day...

Latest posts

Latest posts