What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Actually there are a lot of pure original haze seeds available at the moment .... You just have to ask around for a bit ....[/QUOTE

seedbank or people. because i only deal with gypsy for seeds.only place that has authentic up to par with my standards genetics.

First of all, don't consider this a personal attack, I don't know you, you've never done me anything wrong ...
I don't see original haze on any seedbank catalog, let alone on Gipsy or Sam's seedbay lists (obviously you could ask Sam himself, but that would be another matter) ...
It doesn't seem fair to me to compare haze x skunk to pure haze, otherwise you might consider haze also amnesia ...
At the moment O. Haze runs in pure form in the hands of normal people (not me, both because I'm not normal, lol, and because I see too many theaters around original haze ...)

Limeygreen

Veteran
People prefer different hazes and that's cool, they are not the same by any means just like Willy said but no personal attack to anyone on that, some people like different things and variety is the spice of life for sure. If you like sam's works and like to buy from gypsy you might like to try the Thunk seeds (thai haze x skunk). It seems the pure haze is just given out as gifts by people who have the seeds, I don't think you may see it for sale until someone decides to sell it, which at this rate will likely be Sam if he makes new selections but he is retired he said. Either way I should not speak for him but I believe most people will just want to not sell his haze as respect to him to expand on my previous comment.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
People prefer different hazes and that's cool, they are not the same by any means just like Willy said but no personal attack to anyone on that, some people like different things and variety is the spice of life for sure. If you like sam's works and like to buy from gypsy you might like to try the Thunk seeds (thai haze x skunk). It seems the pure haze is just given out as gifts by people who have the seeds, I don't think you may see it for sale until someone decides to sell it, which at this rate will likely be Sam if he makes new selections but he is retired he said. Either way I should not speak for him but I believe most people will just want to not sell his haze as respect to him to expand on my previous comment.

Exactly, that's what I meant :)

TheDarkStorm

Tod sells ohz from his seed bank....im sure sam stands behind it...after all he has said the seeds come directly from him for tods commercial reproduction.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
After 5th day of smoking O haze.
You dont feel nothing any more.
It is the strain that after 5 day you have tollerance build up so strong that you dont feel any high at all.
To me it is inferior to Nevilles selection.
But again if i smoke very strong weed for long time I need something lighter.

I would like to hear a few more opinions from people who grew and smoked Original Haze about this post.

@MadMac, whats your opinion about the tolerance build up on Original Haze? ::) I think you wouldn't recommend the Original Haze if the tolerance build up would be so fast like described by this Guy. I suspect he maybe harvested too early, or maybe had bad luck with a weak pheno.

SolarLogos

I definitely DON'T know better amigo.
Apologies if I got that wrong :bow:

Just trying to give Johnny some recognition for his work after seeing those beauties.

:groupwave:
He's so low key up here that most probably don't know what he has accomplished with these lines.

This takes nothing away from your work either of course Mac.
The results speak for themselves and I'd love to have a room full of both of your "catalogs"

:respect:
Totally agree with you brother, Johnny and Mac are two very accomplished cannabis growers I've had to privilege to get to know. Both very humble, don't seek attention for their grows, just love sharing their passions, experience and knowledge with others. I have so much respect for both of them.
Peace

vanilla dutch

correct its not oh.its purple haze

correct its not oh.its purple haze

That haze purple looks like the skunk hybrid. Just sayin. Its not even an OHz Phenotype.

OT1 Purple Haze self grow'd at ~140 days bloom.
View Image

Got Todd's OHz just cracked and an amazing friend gifted me a pack of the last THH those are on deck.

it was just some random haze bros. buds unless u were talking about the oh x skunk x skunk x oh x skunk pics:trampoline:

LostTribe

Premium user
just a heads up.on seedbay under indoor regular theres still some of sams seeds available.

Breeders Retail, sponsored merchant, also has several Cultivators Choice ie Sam's, OHz hybrids and skunks available now. See the Chimera forum.

No offense and but its just that the thread is about pure OHaze not hybrids. Sure, that POTH was the last pack Dubi and ACE had from the Purple release. Only had 1 female and she was a wild near jungle cultivar and being only the 2nd pure sativa or as some may say landrace I fed too much N early on just FFOF and water got burnt tips early. OTH is not necessarily related to the Haze Brothers but still exhibits Columbian essence also without the interruption of any indicas. The High is where its at with the OTH no matter if its pure Hz or not its still pure Sativa compared to any skunk outcross.
picture.php

Can't wait to smoke some of Todd's OHz! Nearing 2 weeks veg. Fairly uniform. Not really worthy of an updated pic yet...

LT

MadMac

far beyond driven...
@MadMac, whats your opinion about the tolerance build up on Original Haze? : I think you wouldn't recommend the Original Haze if the tolerance build up would be so fast like described by this Guy. I suspect he maybe harvested too early, or maybe had bad luck with a weak pheno.

well first said... the OHz that i'll have here is not racy @ all..
it's strong but gives a positive rush ...
smoke it nearly every day since a half year...
to me one of the weeds that get not boring...
nor get i'll tired from it...
think it's all personal preferences ...
and also how you grow it... when harvested... etc...
OHz too early might be racy... but not so racy as NHz..
one toke too much NHz and you need a sofa ...
OHz has a great balance and a very nice come down...
it just fades away...
a good combination for those who like the old NHz is maybe
the NHz (4) from Nevils grail project that i'll crossed to the OHz ...
it's not proper cured but it carries booth sides...
got little sweat while smoking in my face...
so it's very strong... but need more cure to say more...
other side is also great OHz (Queen) x NHz ... but was not the pre 2000 NHz
need to test it more...
i'll really wish that there is a pre 2000 NHz available...
but happy that a few still keep the cut's and old seeds..
@ least... no tolerance build up over time...

well there are many different OHz lines found online now...
there is Todd's ... BB Depot has a OHz in shop...
think seedbay has something...
if you do a online search i'm sure there are more sources to be found...
also the Tom Hill Haze is there...

thx @ all for da like's/comments and nice discussion about legends...
M.:smoker:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
it just fades away...
need to test it more...

The NH 21 is still around and i grew NH made by Nevil and that seed was made in 97 going by what has been posted i never asked Nevil when he last made NH.

I still have NH f1 made in 97 and have lots of F2s that i made from seed from NH 97.

Every one that got seed from early Mr nice stock of NH also got seed made by Nevil.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
it just fades away...
need to test it more...

Hi,Mad Mac every weed smokes you every time if it has THC in it.
But that the right what you said.
My expirence with pure haze that high last very long after smoking.
So smoke few spliffs in one day dosent change nothing other splifs are not have impact on me like first one.
But if smoke the same pheno for few days.
All magic is lost.
I sense this with all strains indica or sativa.
But yes who like high with no stupifiying indica thing there is no better weed than pure Haze.
This is only weed that I smoked before Familiy or other freind
gatherings.
I am comunicative on it and i can talk with sober people.
While when smoked strong Haze hybrid i cant talk with people I have some toughts etc....
Also people try to compare O haze with O haze hybrids it is stupid.
I never have hybrid of 2 plants that one look and smell 100% the same like parrents.
People think here that O haze is about some extreme potency and it is obviusly not.
Good Nevile Haze or NL5xhaze are much more potent than O Haze.
But qualtiy of pure NLD high cant be found in BLD crosses like you can in O haze seeds.

CannaT

Premium user
What haze have is storng Sativa high which is rear.
Most sativas have high em I high ?
While Haze have high that you feel that you are high but is 100% sativa.
Warm forhead,butterflys in stomach,some pressure in head...giggly smiles....tripy colours,like you can feel colours and emotions what colours have on you....
These efect are hard to find these days in OG,Cookie...craze.
But that O haze have some extreme potency no it is not.
No mather who said.
But special high uncomparable to any BLD hybrids it shure it have.
I dont get most of you here few guys never smoked O haze and post some qotes to prove their opinion which have no base in reality.
Or others ask Mac ask Johhny grow your own and you will find what is all about.
Nice skills and nice grow Mad Mac.
Haze for the win.

CannaT

Premium user
t is like pure adrenaline as the hit comes on-then it settles into an energetic heart racing trippy vibe-very visual-very cerebral-very euphoric. Smoke more and more and feel vibrations radiating throughout the body and the mind focuses very intently.
Some people find it makes them nervous and paranoid-lots of indica heads say they don't even get a hit off of it but, for me, it is the purest sat buzz i've yet experienced......

As for the hit-it reminds me a bit of the buzz from the Times (1990s NL#5xHaze-Sensi) that some locals do, but without the initial warmth and fuzzyness that comes from the NL#5-if that makes sense-i wonder if Sensi used this Haze for that cross?......

I found 2 qotes that also back ups my expirience on pure Haze I had, here on Icmag in smoke report by EddieShoestring on Original Haze.

Latest posts

Latest posts