What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
When we say 90's Haze, we mean just a random sampling from the 90's, right? It's not like there's some reseller or buyer/seed co encoded in that statement? I was following along when the 90 made it's first appearance here but I can't recall its provenance. It's just Sam --> X yes?

SUPER_HAZE

I said it long ago. In my opinion THH is an OH + X hybrid.

Tom Hill says that it is pure, that I don't cross it. But we don't know that he was able to do positronics before. Without genetic testing, it is speculation.

Who knows better than anyone about OH is Sam, he should say that he thinks about THH.

G

I was under the impression there were purples and magentas in haze long before it got to the dutch.?:tiphat:

SUPER_HAZE

So says sam. I've only seen purple hazes in Old timer haze and tom hill.
Not in original haze TFD, neither in seedsman nor in Todd M. Todd is a little purple but very very little. Not like tom hill or Oth. Maybe it's the selection but if todd received the seeds from sam there should be more purple...

G

So says sam. I've only seen purple hazes in Old timer haze and tom hill.
Not in original haze TFD, neither in seedsman nor in Todd M. Todd is a little purple but very very little. Not like tom hill or Oth. Maybe it's the selection but if todd received the seeds from sam there should be more purple...

Ive also only found green types in TFD,seedsman. Maybe posi stock is a bit closer to the originals.:tiphat:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I passed on the Purple Haze from Positronics, but Posi was the source
of my Haze pictured, Positronics "Original Haze". Their "Purple Haze"
was a hybrid i believe w/maybe purple#1?. You'll have to check with
Sam Skunkman as to what the other component in the Purple Haze was,
he was doing the breeding for them at the time. What folks really
want is the pure haze, but they just can't get that song out of their
heads

Best Regards,
Tom

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=654678&postcount=4

"This is what TomHill said almost 4 years ago:

"Most of the "Thai" i´ve tried in the last ten years or so was just kinda okay,not saying the goods aren´t out there,just that i haven´t been able to locate it,& i´ve turned over a few stones lookin.The closest i´ve come are selected phenos of the original haze from positronics.I´ve always thought that their haze was very heavy in thai genes,due mostly to a characteristic thai smell/flavor in a high percentage of them (+/-75%),a smell i remember from some excellent thai that some friends used to grow long ago.Although most of the reports say "mostly colombian/mexican & less south indian/thai",there´s a seemingly informed report by "Robert Clarke"(i wonder) that seems to go along with my guess of heavy in thai genes.
I bet if you grew out a few packets of the Original Haze from the Flying Dutchmen,you´d find what you´re looking for"

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=655465&postcount=5

JohnnyChicago

a)Anybody know what criteria for selection Positronics used?
I selected Haze #19 then they made seeds from the mother clone. -SamS

SamS, what stock did you select Haze#19 from?
The same you did use for Seedsman?
Not sure I had many O Haze clones male and female, in later years I mainly produced seeds from my favorite O Haze Female and Male clones. -SamS

You write, you gave Posi the #19 clone and they made the seeds. And the male?

They grew O Haze seeds and picked a male as far as I remember. They did buy some O Haze seeds at first. -SamS

Last edited by a moderator:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
a lot of deep chunk in this positronics indica haze aka tom hill kushaze :D
picture.php

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
yes & yes... & keep it ... it's gold...

well a quick comparison....
OHz and THH have same blood but are different
THH is OHz + X ... the X nobody knows...
my guess is... Thai ... and maybe later a hint Deep Chunk?!
and than backcrossed to Haze... over 10 years...
why?
THH has purple in them... and different bud structure than OHz
also young plants have more belly in the leaf as OHz...
more belly is often a indicator for indica ...
once a indica is in the mix... it show's in early leaf's...
OHz fingers are longer than THH... same here short fingers = more indica in da mix...
so i might be wrong but that's what i'll saw and after some research etc... THH is different to all OHz expressions i'll know...

THH... cut's flowering in winter...
View Image

THH buds ... see the more WLD leaf's ... still full sativa but belly and fat
View Image

OHz ... fasciated... slender leaf's no belly @ all
View Image

OHz .. another ... same here slender small leaf's
View Image

i've made many crosses with my best cut's with booth THH & OHz...
also used a OHz male and a OHz girl on some to see what combination is better... did also THH x OH, OHz x THH, NHz x THH, NHz x OHz etc...
i'll made a thread to show and discuss those... just starting now...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8875086
thx
M.

Jesus fuck, you got some excellent skills, great pics!

My query was direct to Sam's OH and thunk, I have no
direct experience with THH.

The thunk I flower, recently saved via fridge stasis
cuttings, are worthy, no doubt.

Black pepper, incense hash terps.

I have bubble, cobs and well cured buds.

Most excellent thread.

JohnnyChicago

That are big beer bellies next to this Hazes.

Almost indicas :D

picture.php

When we say 90's Haze, we mean just a random sampling from the 90's, right? It's not like there's some reseller or buyer/seed co encoded in that statement? I was following along when the 90 made it's first appearance here but I can't recall its provenance. It's just Sam --> X yes?

Wouldn't call it random :) It's an Original Haze line shared by Sam in the 90s and kept in Scandinavia since then. But you are right, better call in "90s OHaze" as there are other 90s Hazes around..

Is there a comparison of Sam's OH against T haze.

Has anyone made a cross with those cultivars, I wonder.

I hold a T Haze cut close to ten years, extraordinary results.

You did mean Thunk. Then yes, extraordinary results with Original Haze as parents.

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
in the end I have to believe somebody what is Ohz and what is not Ohz.. so I incline to believe Tom Hill, who grew hundreds of it, than to believe some johny from internet.. this deep chunk x ohz f2 from him, everybody can compare it to my pics of Tom Hill original haze, and see real, not speculated, influence of DC..
picture.php
picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
greatly appreciated sam

wow sounds like a taste of heaven. rootbeer n cola r 2 flavs ive not yet experienced. but the combo of the flavs got my mouth watering .a hashy taste in my pot is somthing im a big fan of .surprised to hear as part of the description in taste. but now more than ever do i wish to experience ohaze.

smoking some tom hill Ohz now, spot on rootbeer and cola, touch vanilla tabacco and nag champa :D cheers.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Sacred Seeds offered 4 different O Hazes,plus the Burning Bush and the New Year´s Haze,and at least half dozen of Haze hybrids...in 1981...
I´d bet that at least a few bought those seeds?

yeah some people dont want to understand there is huge variation..
Glad ya like the pics folks,got MORE!

Well right before my dad died he was looking threw
his books as we where gonna move to the mountains..
He found this old book,but in it was my old pot leafs!!!!!!!!!!!!

To my surprize he had found my FIRST MARIJUANA LEAVES!
You know how folks up north gather maple leafs and place them
in books to flatten,well i did the same thing with my first MJ plants!
THese sativa leaves are from 1974 just for comparisons,must have
been MEX and columbians i believe!!!!!!!!
My dad was a cool guy and would never throw them out...i miss him.

Started growing at 14 years old and im glad i saved these leaves!!

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/506Book_with_leaf-thumb.JPG"]View Image[/URL]

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/5061974_leaf_1-thumb.JPG"]View Image[/URL]

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/5061974_leaf_2-thumb.JPG"]View Image[/URL]

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/5061974_leaf_3-thumb.JPG"]View Image[/URL]

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/5061974_leaf_4-thumb.JPG"]View Image[/URL]

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/5061974_leaf_5-thumb.JPG"]View Image[/URL]

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/5061974_leaf_6-thumb.JPG"]View Image[/URL]
1974 man those days where the FRESH days of weed it was still new!
:headbange

hey folks, here you can look at sativa leafs from 1974.. ghani was introduce to Mexico and Colombia around 1976, it should come from untouched lines.. I see belly.. how it is possible? deep chunked??? :D hahaha

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
TomHill said:
;Hi GitT,

I am familiar with most all current Original Haze offerings. To be fair though, some I have not looked at very extensively. However, none have been able to move me near as much as this old Sam line via Posi. My selections have focused on high-quality resin production, and imo this line is the Haze resin-queen.

Occasionally the typical armchair Haze expert will come along and inform me that my line is a Haze hybrid due to the occasional broader leaf - exactly like the drawings of the Thai seedling in the opening pages of Clarkes MJ Botany. It all falls on deaf ears though.

When I am requesting a clean-up on isle 9 due to my mind being split open, or am afraid to drive my car high on a decent sample (4 hours after smoking it) - all perspective is put in its proper place.

I'm almost afraid to release it, tehee, some of you will get so noided-out that you will shitcan your current IC accounts only to return a few weeks later under new handles after the Haze clears.

My friend CBF has been growing my Haze stock for years, and I don't think he'll part ways with it anytime soon. Here are a few pics from him.

This plant is my holy grail, by far, nothing can touch it

TomHill said:
I picked up 4-5 15 packs of original haze from positronics in '95, the majority of Thai dominant citrus Haze I seemed to have aquired, the haze I have when it is on, can not be compared to by anything I have ever encountered, ever. Much Respect, Tom
80 seeds is not that much, but you did terrific job with it man! :respect: that is inspiration for all of us real haze heads.. it definitely falls on deaf ears these internet experts speculations LOL

so when Tom Hill is familiar with most of haze offerings, I am sure he knows what is Ohz about and what is not Ohz. :D hehe

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
yeah some people dont want to understand there is huge variation..

hey folks, here you can look at sativa leafs from 1974.. ghani was introduce to Mexico and Colombia around 1976, it should come from untouched lines.. I see belly.. how it is possible? deep chunked??? :D hahaha

I think Ghani was introduced much earlier to Mexico and Colombia.