What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Green Santa

Guess I better pop my Thunk and O haze x skunk while some still have a chance.

better pop your Thunk now if you want to smoke some next year lol.

They need a lot of time to finish, well ive only grown 1 female but I am getting to know the Thunk line fairly well because Ive been growing quite a few crosses I made with a stellar male. The Thunk smell is pretty dominant in the crosses... I suspect it's more Thai smelling than Haze or Skunk.

For years I was trying to find grow reports and only a handful of people had grown it, it's nice to see a bit more of it. Going through my instagram I realized this morning that I ve actually grown quite a few crosses so far, the original Thunk female went like 160 days (120 indoors and the rest outdoors) I harvested most of it at around 140 days but all the lowers went an extra few weeks, or a month, can't remember, and that is where the magic happened, the smell had improved significantly. Went from smelling ok and unique to smelling absolutely great.

Thunk took almost half a year to flower, however, I have found that the crosses usualy take between 90 to 120 days to flower but perhaps I should wait longer on some of those based on my experience with the original Thunk.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1EZCuRB2_x/ My current Thunk dominant plant keeper, Thunking #2

https://www.instagram.com/p/B97gsLzhoy7/ same Thunking#2, well grown with nice chunkers, she really has Thunk like smell, this weed burns extra smooth in the joint

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByRmguCh95e/ This is the mother of many crosses I have made, she was Memory Loss X Thunk , it felt like a mistake at the time because she was hairy, did not squish well ...but this is where the Thunk crosses got better, from her progeny.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvrjcTxhKOY/ This is what a lot of immediate Thunk cross looked like, hairy, beautiful resin heads under the bright orange hairs but not shitty bag appeal and no squish.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvrjnfSBwrk/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0tVOaQhQzw/ A Keeper I lost, still have more seeds but the search is fairly expensive, they always go over 100 days. And too many are not worth the time and effort.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3uY8jihBm2/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3uYNp1hf3d/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2efs07hFbR/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1EZCuRB2_x/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0tVOaQhQzw/

Anyway, The latest Thunk cross I am about to trim was a bit of a let down, took it to day 94 but I had to take it down due to spider mites, she was getting close to ready but again she's hairy and not so spectacular, I ll post pics soon, sorry for linking to my instagram it is so much faster than uploading pics here.

So I think for the time being I will keep growing my Thunking #2 which takes 90 to 100 days, beautiful resin heads ... and stop growing Thunk crosses for a while.

A friend gave me some Santa Marta Columbian gold X Durban X Santa Marta columbian gold :dance013: gonna flirt with those for a while.

harvestreaper

Veteran
too thunky in here
picture.php

LekkerWiet

Says the legend that in Santa Cruz there were two brothers who grew and sold weed, known as Haze Brothers, term (haze) used in those years to refer to cannabis strain procing euphoric effects. The browers were growing both, indoors and outdoors (in a home made greenhouse that allow them to grow sativa plants) and worked specially with Colombian and Mexican strains. It's also said that they created a good relationship with Sam the Skunkman (who we talked about in our last episode of Skunk strain origin),who lived in the same neighbourhood those days. Seems they gave him some of the seeds they were working on.

From the mix of those seeds first Haze strain was born. Seeds this first prototype was a hybrid bred from two colombian strains (possibly Colombian Gold and Colombian Red) and a mexican (that could be Acapulco Gold). Still today there is a debate about the mexican sativa, and its presence in the original breeding project of Haze, because many vice deny it, and other confirm it.

Sam and Sacred Seed collective THERE IS NO SACRED SEEDS COLLECTIVE -SamS tried to keep and stabilize Haze for years, but with many different results. haze was crossed with strains from Thailand, and also with seeds from South India, resulting in what we know as Original Haze today. This was a very homogenic plant, but also unstable, that after many generations still produce huge differences. From it appeared strains like Root Beer, Purple Haze, Light Silver Green, Silver Blue Haze, Lime Green haze and other phenotypes impossible to find nowadays. In 1976 Sacred Seed started to sell Original Haze seds. That first californian Haze was a hybrid 100% sativa, with a sweet taste and flavour, energetic effects, so valued by growers, even its slow flowering forced them to grow her only indoors.

Hy Sam what was like that Haze from brothers like That first Haze they sell i heard from few sorces and also read here on icmag.
That this first haze was like chedar smeling plant christmass three shape and it is closest to progeny sell at The seed bank days and taste was burning bush like pure chedar frankeincense/incense.

and today those phenos are very rear in your Original Haze seeds.
Are those 1. haze seed vere more stoney that your offering of Original Haze ?

Can you explain this to me please.

At least HzA still lives through the NH. But I do regret loosing it prematurely.
Worse was loosing the First Haze female. She was similar in type to HzA, but I suspect a generation earlier. In my mind, it was the Haze archetype. I should have put HzA to that plant. There wasn't anything sweet about FH (First Haze), like the progeny from HzA, she was spicy leathery and people would often recoil if they came into a room where you had been smoking it.
The Haze C was sweeter and generally a better breeding plant because of this, otherwise C and A were equal in quality. HzA hybrids could yield more. In the NH, HzC accounts for 50% of the genetics, yet the predominant good pheno is the HzA type.
Nevile qote.

Also Nevile say there is difference of his Hazes used at The Seed Bank days A and his FH.
And later thai like haze C.

Last edited by a moderator:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
STS OHz dropping pollen

STS OHz dropping pollen

hello haze loves,
here my selfed' OHz and her sister...
touched her while shooting the picture...
see the magic golden dust around her...
now let's hope that it is viable and i'm fine..
her sister and my other fav OHz are in full bloom now...
perfect timing... ;-)

STS OHz & her sister just dropping pollen :woohoo:
picture.php

all the best
strange times but haze still rules hehe
M.:tiphat:

bigherb

Veteran
hello haze loves,
here my selfed' OHz and her sister...
touched her while shooting the picture...
see the magic golden dust around her...
now let's hope that it is viable and i'm fine..
her sister and my other fav OHz are in full bloom now...
perfect timing... ;-)

STS OHz & her sister just dropping pollen :woohoo:
View Image

all the best
strange times but haze still rules hehe
M.:tiphat:

What the world needs now is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of
What the world needs now is love, sweet love,
No not just for some but for everyone.

Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress. Best wishes

I’m hopeful you make some of this stock available as you did the THH

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
Heads up for the Haze lovers

Bone yard ***** has original Haze F4 stock available . It is TFD stock from I believe before 2010 . The breeder seems like a great dude , one interview gave me much Respect for the brother

1luvbigherb

SUPER_HAZE

Those original haze looks very pretty. I like it better than todd.
Let's hope Mac Mac takes them to seedbay so we can compare them to Tom Hill and keep them. :tiphat:

vanilla dutch

big herb why not buy sam the skunkmans original haze x skunk? i did and got all purple haze phenos. the so called church incense haze is whats in sams seeds

Attachments

• 20200415_121055.jpg
    20200415_121055.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200411_180934_603.jpg
    IMG_20200411_180934_603.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 18
  • FB_IMG_1583575218482.jpg
    FB_IMG_1583575218482.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 24

JohnnyChicago

I have finally been able to find a female Seedsman Orignal Haze plant with the incense profile I was looking for in my inbred seeds and now I plan to hit her with my selected OTHxOH males, that used the same OH father.
(OH flat pheno x OH keeper male) x (Ace PurpleHaze x OH keeper male)

So yes it can be found in Sam's seeds. But took me 6 years. I mean the 90s haze kind of incense, not the peppery incense you can find all over in Sam's Haze seeds, that is great too but is not as penetrant and addictive.

This is its leafshape.
picture.php

led05

Chasing The Present
I have finally been able to find a female Seedsman Orignal Haze plant with the incense profile I was looking for in my inbred seeds and now I plan to hit her with my selected OTHxOH males, that used the same OH father.

So yes it can be found in Sam's seeds. But took me 6 years. I mean the 90s haze kind of incense, not the peppery incense you can find all over in Sam's Haze seeds, that is great too but is not as penetrant and addictive.

This is its leafshape.
View Image

Reminds me of a New Caledonian I’ve seen a few around of.... Khmer Gold as well... apologies on poor pic quality

Peace, hope you’ve been well bro

Attachments

• 1EDB25A1-678F-4303-8960-150E97CFB137.jpg
    1EDB25A1-678F-4303-8960-150E97CFB137.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 61F20E63-124A-4DFF-88E8-AFD4EC8BBA24.jpg
    61F20E63-124A-4DFF-88E8-AFD4EC8BBA24.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 22
  • D6A2DE4B-F77F-4079-8486-5D231478CA54.jpg
    D6A2DE4B-F77F-4079-8486-5D231478CA54.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

This is its leafshape.
View Image

Very interesting johny....do you have a full plant picture

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Heads up for the Haze lovers

Bone yard ***** has original Haze F4 stock available . It is TFD stock from I believe before 2010 . The breeder seems like a great dude , one interview gave me much Respect for the brother

1luvbigherb

thats nice, more source the better. but it sure is not F4? because TFD didnt sell F3s or did I miss something?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
From it appeared strains like Root Beer, Purple Haze, Light Silver Green, Silver Blue Haze, Lime Green haze and other phenotypes impossible to find nowadays.

well people can still find these phenos even today. I smoke root beer here and lime green acid one.. I got also purple one. I mean real purple, people call purple haze when it has purple hues on calyxes and purple leaves, but it is not it. purple haze is all purple, stems including, no green anywhere.. full on purple
picture.php

rootbeer
picture.php

purple OTHz, pure colombian
picture.php

bigherb

Veteran
thats nice, more source the better. but it sure is not F4? because TFD didnt sell F3s or did I miss something?

He got it from a private source as F3 who got it from treetown breeders who worked TFD OHaze stock . I love details , I asked Only a few questions but I’m thankful for his spreading and preserving

1luvbigherb

JohnnyChicago

Reminds me of a New Caledonian I’ve seen a few around of.... Khmer Gold as well... apologies on poor pic quality

Peace, hope you’ve been well bro

Thanks Ledo. Interesting what you are writing.
This how the leaf shape of the same plant/cut did look like in veg.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts