What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Sunshineinabag

my minor in college was mycology....ive tek produced over 10 strains of highly potent fungi from penis envy to the little blue devils.......ive even been lucky enough to be at a dead show with family at knickerbocker arena(i never got out of the parking lot till 4 hours later) I tried diluted crystal L.S.D .............The only time ive had Super vivid visuals were on the diluted crystal and a bag of grass i got from my stepdads top drawer when i was in high school ....all shake except one big bud, i took the top of the bud....ran up to the top of the ring road...smoked it with my neighbor buddies russel and justin.........as i walked out of our smoking area everything took on a Disney cartoon color..........havent seen anything like that since....1990 area and from stoners who worked at IBM so who knows where mine came from but if your lucky enough to get access cannabis will ABSOLUTLEY make you hallucinate. my experiance ...fwiw

After glancing at harvestreapers post again.......I'd rather have a side effect be visuals then heart palpations....lol.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I think that trippy weed is due both to the variety (I have experienced good moments with Durban, Thai, Zamaldelica) but also to the set and setting, I remember an evening by the river based on super skunk with different moments of auditory / visual distortions....
I believe that only a lover of high sativa can fully appreciate the haze effect (I mean true sativa, no certain 50/50 crosses sold today), it is a question of quality, not quantity ...
@MadMac I propose photos of your plants on playboy:biggrin::biggrin:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
my minor in college was mycology....ive tek produced over 10 strains of highly potent fungi from penis envy to the little blue devils.......ive even been lucky enough to be at a dead show with family at knickerbocker arena(i never got out of the parking lot till 4 hours later) I tried diluted crystal L.S.D .............The only time ive had Super vivid visuals were on the diluted crystal and a bag of grass i got from my stepdads top drawer when i was in high school ....all shake except one big bud, i took the top of the bud....ran up to the top of the ring road...smoked it with my neighbor buddies russel and justin.........as i walked out of our smoking area everything took on a Disney cartoon color..........havent seen anything like that since....1990 area and from stoners who worked at IBM so who knows where mine came from but if your lucky enough to get access cannabis will ABSOLUTLEY make you hallucinate. my experiance ...fwiw

After glancing at harvestreapers post again.......I'd rather have a side effect be visuals then heart palpations....lol.

Someone had the bright idea to put raw in little pressed dots. Its been a beautiful few years. Best L ever. Yum

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I like this, it says it all. good haze is good homegrown :D and when you put such bud on the table, its smell really promises only the best. sure its supreme tasting, its overall love supreme. I love real deal haze.
picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
and is tom hill haze improvement? when you get acid pheno, you will claim its improvement may be.. but its definitely better to have more haze selections, than just one. also tom hill line provides colorful phenotypes, not all of us are strictly green haze lovers, I like those rainbow one, with euphoria to the roof. most of hybrids are done with green ones too. some like that crispy clear effect, but it is not called haze for something cloudy or misty? bit cloudy hazy vision you know, like to see things in shining cloud. cheers.

T

TheForgotten

Have you not read this thread ?

That write up, has much false info

I have read part of (and parts of) this thread. I was just pointing out an article i came across....

I often find that most stories contain false info. More often than not the truth is an almagamation of facts from multiple sides/perspectives.....

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

own mind? that was written by automatic robot born at mr. nice seeds forum.. not good sales for mr. nice seeds nowadays it seems. do you know there is mr. nice forum here? oh wait you have to post it here to make proper promotion. ouch sorry, you call it DISCUTION :D :D :D

JohnnyChicago

Sorry for not being native english, but maybe someone can confirm me I did understand this well or not:

- Todd says he was Nevil's friend.
- That he got Original Haze seeds from the same old batch Nevil did find his A to E Hazes.
- He will be selecting Original Haze under the guidance of Sam.

Is this what he said?
And is it true?

picture.php

picture.php

Nexus7

Todd's seeds came direct from Sam in 2012 I believe. He has an old Nevil's Haze cut he also breeds with. Todd bred the O.Haze under direction from Sam.

ON Haze = Original Nevil's Haze (O.Haze x Nev's Haze)

Peace,

N7

OldCoolSativa

- Todd says he was Nevil's friend.
- That he got Original Haze seeds from the same old batch Nevil did find his A to E Hazes.
- He will be selecting Original Haze under the guidance of Sam.

Is this what he said?
And is it true?

He met Nevil once or twice but he was not Nevil's friend. I would hope MY friends would offer a better "tribute" after my death than what Todd wrote about Nevil.

He said he got Ohaze from San, which is true. No way they are the same seeds or genetics that Nevil got. IMHO.

Todd never said anything about selection; this Ohaze run is a reproduction, not selection. For that matter Sam has only talked about preserving / reproducing Ohaze, not making selections.

Your English is fine, JC, I never suspected you are not a native speaker.

Limeygreen

Veteran
I believe Sam has used selected cuts in some original haze seed offerings as well as some more variable genetics but I imagine some selections of good plants were used for seeds that got sold instead of everything that popped up.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
ohhh-haze

ohhh-haze

hello,
here my fav 90' ohz ...
punto rojo style...
smoke wise one of the best plants in my ohz pool..
picture.php

no belly leaf... so sexy slender... love it...
Zamal has also this slender no belly leaf's ...

Haze is the result of humans taking the very finest sativas and crossing them selecting over generations, Zamal is also the result of crossing the very finest sativas, but with the selection done by nature, the plants that could grow and mature in their new location being those that through natural selection survived and passed their genes on to subsequent generations.

M.:tiphat:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran

Great job and great pictures MadMac , as always ... ;)
I am of the opinion that the haze was born basically like this, mixing all the good things that surfers and young travelers brought back to California in those years.
Obviously this is my opinion, I have no proof, I wasn't there, none of you were there, apart from Sam and a few others .....

Tropical Sativa

Beautiful!

hello,
here my fav 90' ohz ...
punto rojo style...
smoke wise one of the best plants in my ohz pool..
View Image

no belly leaf... so sexy slender... love it...
Zamal has also this slender no belly leaf's ...

Haze is the result of humans taking the very finest sativas and crossing them selecting over generations, Zamal is also the result of crossing the very finest sativas, but with the selection done by nature, the plants that could grow and mature in their new location being those that through natural selection survived and passed their genes on to subsequent generations.

M.:tiphat:

W

Water-

when Phylos first came out Sam posted that Haze was Colombian.

then he erased it.