What's new

Purple Zamal x A5 Haze

Dentex

🍿so many interesting sativa crosses in the ace R&D section this year! This is one of the most interesting in my opinion, so I hope you guys don't mind if I pull up a chair. Purple Zamal x Bangi Haze also sounds like a great cross. The search only shows one short thread on that from a while ago. It would be interesting to compare the two.
wgYkUcC.jpg
jy33Nee.jpg
yWMc24a.jpg
fds79rP.jpg
lTdtE6s.jpg
HxipS7b.jpg
;)

Dentex

That looks well developed and fully ripe @Dentex , delicious. Have you tried it, yet? How long was the flowering?
Hey man ,they are pics from last season.Yes I ve vaped all of it.Delicious taste,this one is almost 50%-50% zamal-bangi (I speculate on purple zamals taste as I ve tried 2 more crosses with it,zamal bliss and purple zamal x malawi) .Mostly stimulating but not nervous or anything.Uplifting ,not too strong but strong enough.
It went about 13 or 14 weeks 11/13.
Good luck with those purple zam x a5,I'll have my eye on them ,will be growing it next autumn.I 'd have grown it already but I confused Dubi and he sent me the Zamaldelica x A5 instead.

MrHamilton

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
🍿so many interesting sativa crosses in the ace R&D section this year! This is one of the most interesting in my opinion, so I hope you guys don't mind if I pull up a chair. Purple Zamal x Bangi Haze also sounds like a great cross. The search only shows one short thread on that from a while ago. It would be interesting to compare the two.
I agree, this and many others look very exciting in their R&D. Beings they aren’t available stateside currently, I can only dream they make into at least limited edition releases in the future.

orangina

Veteran
Purple Zamal x Bangi Haze also sounds like a great cross. The search only shows one short thread on that from a while ago.
Hey, I grew that one as well. Very nice upper with a trippy spin to it. The trippy part can shift to some giggle episodes too.
The aroma was mainly lemon /tee tree oil flavor with some woody spicy tones on the background. Yield was okay.
I did not grow it that well, because I had many other plants as well. Nonetheless she's not too picky I'd say. She will be in my stable again at some point.

@The Zientist thank you for your advice! Glad you tipped me off about transplanting. Would be great to know what size pots you transplant them to at which stage.

Wish you all the best guys

The Zientist

Veteran
Hey, I grew that one as well. Very nice upper with a trippy spin to it. The trippy part can shift to some giggle episodes too.
The aroma was mainly lemon /tee tree oil flavor with some woody spicy tones on the background. Yield was okay.
I did not grow it that well, because I had many other plants as well. Nonetheless she's not too picky I'd say. She will be in my stable again at some point.

@The Zientist thank you for your advice! Glad you tipped me off about transplanting. Would be great to know what size pots you transplant them to at which stage.

Wish you all the best guys
Sup @orangina!

My pleasure. Together with shorter day light schedules and flowering clones from mature plants, it's one of the techniques that helps growing equatorial leaning ("sativa") plants indoors.

I've sent them flowering in 2L pots. Later on, after they're done stretching (around 30-40days, hopefully) I'll repot them to 7-11L.

Feel free to ask anything.
tZ

Last edited:

Common Sense

Thanks for the post @orangina , sounds like I might like that a lot. Let's see what people have to say when their PZ x A5 Hazes are finished...

OZZ_

Veteran
I agree, this and many others look very exciting in their R&D. Beings they aren’t available stateside currently, I can only dream they make into at least limited edition releases in the future.

You can order R&D selections from Mandala to the stateside, I do it all the time. Just received a package a few weeks ago from them in fact….that Super Congo was one of them that were in there. Very excited to have snagged those!

Cactus Squatter

Hit up Mandala. It’s well worth the slightly longer shipping time and it ships super discreet. I’ve purchased a ton of the R&D stuff in the last 2 years and haven’t had a single issue getting anything.

A lot of these A5 R&D crosses have been fantastic and well worth the risk.

Cactus Squatter

You can order R&D selections from Mandala to the stateside, I do it all the time. Just received a package a few weeks ago from them in fact….that Super Congo was one of them that were in there. Very excited to have snagged those!
You and me both, next run I do is getting several of the Super Congo thrown in.

The Zientist

Veteran
D25 - 11/13
Holy shit, we have buds! Inflorescences have started to form way sooner than expected.
D25.jpg

My toned down organic living soil mix was still too hot for them... They are extremely efficient at managing nutrients. Have been watering very little too.

Since the beginning this has been a water only approach and it doesn't seem like it will be changing any time soon.
Amazed with their vigor, even the 'wrinkle' runt is keeping up with the pace.

Growing parameters remain mostly same, although since they are closer to leds, PPFD increased a bit.

Pop those Purple Zamal x A5 guys, I wanna see yours too. (y)

See you soon!
tZ

OZZ_

Veteran
Beautiful! Wish I could pop them now but my pipeline is currently busting at the seems 🤣🤣🤷‍♂️

They look great. Should do really well for you! Are you seeing any phenotypic differences as of yet?

The Zientist

Veteran
Beautiful! Wish I could pop them now but my pipeline is currently busting at the seems 🤣🤣🤷‍♂️

They look great. Should do really well for you! Are you seeing any phenotypic differences as of yet?
Elegant veggies they are. You will soon feel the urge.

Sure, there's already a differential in flowering onset, internodal elongation, nodal shoot development and leaf anatomy.
Also in nutrient and water uptake.

Curiously so, the broader leaved (#3, top left) is currently the taller, and with larger internodes.
Normally at this stage we already have favorites, and that changes several times till harvest, and post-harvest too, when you start sampling. I like them all the same, a first time if I recall.

You were saying @OZZ_ , throwing yours in jiffies, will you? 😂🥹

OZZ_

Veteran
Elegant veggies they are. You will soon feel the urge.

Sure, there's already a differential in flowering onset, internodal elongation, nodal shoot development and leaf anatomy.
Also in nutrient and water uptake.

Curiously so, the broader leaved (#3, top left) is currently the taller, and with larger internodes.
Normally at this stage we already have favorites, and that changes several times till harvest, and post-harvest too, when you start sampling. I like them all the same, a first time if I recall.

You were saying @OZZ_ , throwing yours in jiffies, will you? 😂🥹

Honestly if we would have had this conversation three days ago I would have said let’s do it, but I just dropped 6 Super Congo from the R&D so I’ll need to run those first. What a problem we have found ourselves in aye … having all the interesting genetics to run 🤣🤷‍♂️

Latest posts

Latest posts