What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Zamal x A5 Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola amigo Dubi,
Thanks for the feedback.
Three weeks after harvest I have also tested a few of the Purple Zamal domiant flowers. They smell spicier now, but also still wonderfully orange. The smoke (mix with a little tobacco) is rather spicy and floral and very pleasant, mild in throat. The flowers are rather airy in structure, but firm between the fingers, almost a bit hard. The trimming was not worth mentioning. The very few dried leaves were easy to remove without running the risk of "injuring" the flowers.
The effect of 0,2g is mainly energising and activating. No creeper, after a few tokes it's clear where things are going. After about 90 minutes, the momentum gave way to the desire to sit comfortably on the sofa. The conversations with my wife continued without any confusion. Then I felt like taking a few more puffs and rolled a small cigarette with some Purple Zamal dom. flowers in it. The momentum came back and I was awake and alert well into the night.
All in all, compared to the more A5-influenced flowers, the experience was much cleaner this time, the physical effects were less severe, and the head was awake the next morning.
The high from these orange smelling Purple Zamal dominant buds is already very good. Let's see what a few months of longer storage can bring out of the buds.

Lovely resinous buds with purple hues @paisajedehierba. I'm glad the Purple Zamal dominant expression came out energetic and activating, with appealing spicy-orange terps. I hope the harvest is uplifting the cold winter days :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I really like this plant so far and hope it smokes as good as it makes me feel tending to her. The floral smell has really developed into a musky grapefruit or Pomello flower kind of smell. It’s crazy how much smelling this plant makes me remember walking around my Aunt’s property. It’s a really beautiful smell.
Starting to get some light purple on leaves and tips, we’ve been getting into the lower 40° range at night with one night hitting 38°f. I have a feeling this is her last week standing, we’re supposed to get rain this coming Friday-Sunday along with cold temps. I don’t really want to risk losing her so if it looks like the rain is going to make it she’s coming down.

I had problems with a few plants this year with aphids and whiteflys. Especially my Bangi Haze and Panama Bangi, a lesser extent my super Congo. While they were in the garden nothing touched this purple Zamal x a5. Zero bugs the whole year until everything else was finished and cut. Now that there isn’t anything else green in my shade canopy the white flys have taken an interest in her, but only a very small one. There are no larval colonies to be found, no masses of wings or molted material, just a few random adult white flys here and there. Zero aphids on her all year.

View attachment 18934206

View attachment 18934207
View attachment 18934208

Wow @CactusSquatter :oops: such an impressive yield you got from your outdoor Purple Zamal x A5 Haze! Perfectly sun-grown organic resinous flowers :yummy: Sounds like she delivers a potent psychedelic trip! Hehehe, thanks a lot for the feedback on this R+D hybrid 🥰 Impressed that you rate it so highly with all the experience you have with our sativas! Hope you find even better females from the remaining seeds.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You also did an amazing job with your Purple Zamal x A5 Haze @Dentex. Such well-developed, chunky flowers for a direct Purple Zamal hybrid :D Glad she is loud on the nose. Is she still going on?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Greetings,

Wanted to share one of the Purple Zamal x A5 Haze I have going. This is the only one of the three I generated that shows a semi-autoflowering trait. I am able to keep the plant in veg, but it's basically just an ever growing and branching sea of calyxes stacked on top of each other like a shaggy dog. I'm able to keep it calm in a small container with 20h of strong light.

Here it is flower under 10/14 lighting system the pom poms are completely contrary to it in veg and with the other two I have going.

Previously I grew out a small clone of this particular plant and pressed it for flower rosin and it had a very distinct diesel fuel smell to it.

Currently at Day 60 of flower.

Thanks also @plant_omnivore for sharing your experience with this hybrid. Yep, the semi-autoflowering is a Zamal trait, although it doesn't show up consistenly in outcrosses. I read somewhere that Zamal not only contains South Indian genetics but also Moroccan and Lebanese, and the semi-autoflowering trait can come from these two.

How is she finishing ? Looking forward to learn from your other 2 non semi auto females!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I will hopefully get the opportunity to grow 3 packs of this in the next month, maybe starting in March after my current batch is transferred.

Excited about that @Shua1991 ;) you should come out with a very impressive selection of different phenos from your 3 packs!

Good luck with your baby @MrHamilton :gaga:

Cactus Squatter

Wow @CactusSquatter :oops: such an impressive yield you got from your outdoor Purple Zamal x A5 Haze! Perfectly sun-grown organic resinous flowers :yummy: Sounds like she delivers a potent psychedelic trip! Hehehe, thanks a lot for the feedback on this R+D hybrid 🥰 Impressed that you rate it so highly with all the experience you have with our sativas! Hope you find even better females from the remaining seeds.
This one was definitely a surprise for me. I’m really glad her clone survived, reverted to veg and is doing well. I’m super curious to see what she does indoors under LED.
She was 1lb 5.8oz that I trimmed. There was probably another 5-6 ounces of lighter stuff left on the plant that I have frozen currently for a hash run.

This one was a complete surprise for me with just how weird it feels. What’s awesome is it has a little silliness with the disassociation feel so it’s not a freaky high.
I’m super stoked to see what the rest of the girls bring me, I’m just letting them catch up to some HonPans and a Thai Panama that sprouted faster. They should all be under 12/12 by Sunday and off to the races.

Last edited:

Shua1991

front~2.jpeg

I'm hoping to find one stress resistant mother plant with purple zamal effects and limited or no intersex traits and autoflowering.

Zamal would be a very nice tool for outdoors this summer in New York, the semi-autofloweri plants should provide practical utility due to the nastiness of fall in this area. If I can start their flowering by mid/late June then mid September I should be harvesting fully formed sativa flowers while missing the very worst of the mold outbreak that hits late September.

Cactus Squatter

View attachment 18959420
I'm hoping to find one stress resistant mother plant with purple zamal effects and limited or no intersex traits and autoflowering.

Zamal would be a very nice tool for outdoors this summer in New York, the semi-autofloweri plants should provide practical utility due to the nastiness of fall in this area. If I can start their flowering by mid/late June then mid September I should be harvesting fully formed sativa flowers while missing the very worst of the mold outbreak that hits late September.
I hope it all works out well for you, the smells and effect of this one are really nice. The one I grew outdoors had zero mold issues, zero intersex issues, and was amazingly white fly and aphid resistant (other plants in my garden took a beating from the bugs). She also took some insane heat last summer/early fall with zero issues.

Are you going to run a light deprivation setup to force flowering that early?

Shua1991

I hope it all works out well for you, the smells and effect of this one are really nice. The one I grew outdoors had zero mold issues, zero intersex issues, and was amazingly white fly and aphid resistant (other plants in my garden took a beating from the bugs). She also took some insane heat last summer/early fall with zero issues.

Are you going to run a light deprivation setup to force flowering that early?
I haven't settled on that yet, a few things are in the works.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for your support @Shua1991 🥰 Looking forward to following your selection and learning how you incorporate this crazy sativa dom hybrid into your excellent breeding projects. You have impressed me with your work with Golden Tiger!

Cactus Squatter

Very uniform indeed @Cactus Squatter thanks for updating us from early stages!
4 of them have stayed very uniform in size, structure and speed of growth.
#5 though… she’s different. Looks kind of similar to my last years outdoor, but slightly broader leaves and continuing to grow beyond the others. I’m going to have to tie her down all over the place to maintain an even canopy.
I’m very excited to see what they turn out like.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She is doing good by mid flowering @MrHamilton :yes: leaning more in flowering to A5 Haze than Zamal.
Things are going to get interesting now in the second half of flowering :)