What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Purple Satellite x Big Sur Holy Weed coco grow

drosera420

Premium user
Starting my first grow diary with some info. PS x BSHW seeds donated by Vermontman for an auction by MallardDuck.

Indoors in coco/perilite under LEDs.

Planted in 6pack on 4-20, once the seeds sprouted.

Potted up into gallon rootmakers around 5-7 till I can sex them.

LEDs are from budget led (now elevated lighting co) series 2+ full spec.

Feeding GH 6ml micro/9ml bloom with about 5 ml calimagic gallon. pH around 6.0

Hand watering 1 -2 x a day till run through +.

The first week after poting up I added 5ml/gal of southern ag / garden friendly fungicide since the coco was reused and there were some old roots still in the mix after soaking and flushing it out in rainwater.

Now some pics

drosera420

Premium user
6 pack 5-10ish
ps x bshw.jpg

5/23

PS x BSHW 1 5-23.jpg

PS x BSHW 2 5-23.jpg

PS x BSHW 3 5-23.jpg

#4 - male
PS x BSHW 4 5-23.jpg

PS x BSHW 5 5-23.jpg

PS x BSHW 6 5-23.jpg

Last edited:

vermontman

hello Drosera!
Great grow, you can really see the Mexican in there!
Thank you for sharing the link.

drosera420

Premium user
June 5th updates, still no sexing showing up yet. #'s 1, 3,4,5 and 6 are pretty short internodes. Full spec LED effect likely the cause of that, more blue in them. # 2 has no concern for full spec and wants to run, a full 6" taller than the rest. Repotted into 3 gal fabric pots and pinched 6-5. Trimmed up bottom set of leaves and lower branches. The fans leaves were just too big on bottom couple of branches.

Lights been going down from 18 hrs by an hour every 3/4 days. Will be at 12/12 in a week. Still hand watering until sexed, then will set up automatic with remaining ladies.

They look nice and stocky, supports will go on once males are culled.
1- male
PS x BSHW 1.1.jpg
1- male
PS x BSHW 1.2.jpg
2- female
PS x BSHW 2.1.jpg
2-female
PS x BSHW 2.2.jpg
3- female
PS x BSHW 3.1.jpg
3- female
PS x BSHW 3.2.jpg
4- male
PS x BSHW 4.1.jpg
4- male
PS x BSHW 4.2.jpg
5- female
PS x BSHW 5.1.jpg
5- female
PS x BSHW 5.2.jpg

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Nice ..cross sounds like some super potential there! Hope it lives up to your namesake bro...

Lots of wild droseras around here where I am in the mountains..

drosera420

Premium user
Nice, have not seen any in drosera the wild before. Used to grow all my carnivorous plants from seed, nothing local here.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Drosera capensis wherever a spring comes out the mountain rock..thousands of them..its a beautiful sight! Where I used to stay also another species of green and red flat leaved ones..they are magical..awesome fungus gnat avengers also! I introduced my mate who commercially farms mushrooms to them to use in his clean rooms, for errant gnats..never looked back..make oxygen for the mushrooms too, more gnats the more they grow win win..Look up pans carnivores on the web..you wont be sorry, another mate of mine..his greenhouse in out of this world literally..

drosera420

Premium user
Update down to 12/12 and some m/f showing. #4 taken out already. A few of my Purple Satellite F2's growing outside getting neemed to clean them up before bringing in to fill holes. I'll have to bump back up lights to 15hrs to catch them up. Kind of worried the BSHW x PS will get out of control. We shall see !

plants left to right 3, 2, 1

bshw x ps l to r 3,2,1.jpg
top 6 mid 5
bshw x ps 6 top 5 middle.jpg
#4 male removed
bshw x ps 4 6-13.jpg

Last edited:

drosera420

Premium user
Update 6-22, 4 PS x BSHW ladies remaining and a PS F2 popped in from outdoors. Momma loves her Purp. Satellite so have to get more on hand asap. Putting on auto water here this week, had to get some fittings.

3, 5 and 6 all have the same stature, stocky and filling in.

#2 is the tallest and leggiest wanting to run. Moved to side of tent with full spec light but seems not to care one way or the other.
ps x bshw 2 6-22.jpg ps x bshw 2.1 6-22.jpg

#3 is about a week behind the rest in flowering progression. Seems a bit darker green too.
ps x bshw 3 6-22.jpg

#5 coming along
ps x bshw 5 6-22.jpg

#6 coming along twin to #5
ps x bshw 6 6-22.jpg

k-s-p

Veteran
Beautiful healthy plants, happy you are sharing this grow with us. I do love the Mexican strains. These remind me of maybe of some Mextiza and Verde Limon I had in the past.

And thanks to Vermontman for making these Mexican genetics available.

drosera420

Premium user
I'd like to add that the males by coicidence or not seemed to have a similar trait. Given n=2 take it for what it's worth, just an observation. My plant count and experience is very limited with this species anyway.
There were several leafs at least 4 or 5 on both males that had an additional finger aligned with the center one but small. Kinda hard to make out below. The females I only found 1 leaf like this on all four.
ps x bshw male.jpg ps x bshw male leaf.jpg

vermontman

Beautiful healthy plants, happy you are sharing this grow with us. I do love the Mexican strains. These remind me of maybe of some Mextiza and Verde Limon I had in the past.

And thanks to Vermontman for making these Mexican genetics available.
You are most welcome!
I love Mexicans, Cannabis and people! Hard working honest goodness all around.

drosera420

Premium user
Sunday morning tent shot. Got parts for water lines now, will set up today. A little clawing from drying out between neglegent hand watering. Good soak @ 50% fert to redisolve any salts. Need to set up other netting today too. Plants top left #6, bottom left #5, top right #2, bottom right #3.

Plan to dust some lowers of #2 tall girl, with a greener stemed Purp. Satellite from last run. No selection criteria, just 1 of 2 males pollen on hand in freezer. Might bring out a little more Oaxaca79Skull since greener stems on that male ? The #2 here seems to lean more mexican than other 3 shorter stockier bshw x ps. Just speculation on my part, still understanding the structures and growth patterns.

6-26 tent shot.jpg

vermontman

Sunday morning tent shot. Got parts for water lines now, will set up today. A little clawing from drying out between neglegent hand watering. Good soak @ 50% fert to redisolve any salts. Need to set up other netting today too. Plants top left #6, bottom left #5, top right #2, bottom right #3.

Plan to dust some lowers of #2 tall girl, with a greener stemed Purp. Satellite from last run. No selection criteria, just 1 of 2 males pollen on hand in freezer. Might bring out a little more Oaxaca79Skull since greener stems on that male ? The #2 here seems to lean more mexican than other 3 shorter stockier bshw x ps. Just speculation on my part, still understanding the structures and growth patterns.

View attachment 18726722
Absolutely beautiful garden!

Latest posts

Latest posts