What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple landrace indoors.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I might have some fish emulsion on hand, but I don't know how old it is.

Edit, I don't know if I want to use it. I don't want my bedroom stinking.

Dime

I've never tried coffee grounds,I used to grow active hydroponics but now I just use promix/perlite and run GH 3 part and haven't worried about or checked PH in years,I really like it because it works great and can remedy a sick plant in no time and you can tweak with it. I've reused the medium as well and I run plain water in it until I see they need fertilizer.PH for me isn't an issue as long as I don't fluctuate it to either extreme the plants seem to adapt,I don't even check the PH after I mix it.

Attachments

• 20190413_101015.jpg
    20190413_101015.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 32

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
2 days ago I topped with earthworm casings. And I watered it in. We'll just see what happens next. So far it doesn't look like it's getting any better at all. I wan thinking about trimming the dead leaves, but I don't knowif that will hurt or kill the plant.

goingrey

2 days ago I topped with earthworm casings. And I watered it in. We'll just see what happens next. So far it doesn't look like it's getting any better at all. I wan thinking about trimming the dead leaves, but I don't knowif that will hurt or kill the plant.
Is it getting worse? That's the more important part. Damaged leaves won't heal. I usually remove bad leaves, others don't seem to. It's a balance between stressing the plant and having light blocked by dead leaves, or potential mold issues from dead plant matter in there. Your leaves aren't quite dead yet just showing issues. Clean scissors are probably a smart tool to use, even though I just snap and twist at the leaf stalk base. Earthworm castings are great, NPK is like 1-1-1, but at some point you might want to reintroduce the bloom.

LungCooking

:unsure:

Last edited:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I trimmed off some dead leaves. I'm just gonna sit and wait. Ill give feed her plain water when the soil drys out some and see if she ever bounces back. 😫 the pixR rom today.
20231219_001921.jpg
20231218_183619.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Maybe its looking a (tiny) bit like its still growing, but not much better yet. Im not giving up untill she is fully dieing.
20231220_134327.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Well, now it looks way worse.. At this point I think I'm out of options. I've just been giving it plain water when the pot feels lightwait. The earthworm casing is don't seem to be helping whatsoever.

20231222_100413.jpg
20231222_100231.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Even though it isn't looking good. I added a little bit more soil and gave it about a gallon of plain water. I'm thinking I might not have been watering enough each time I was watering.

And just in case this thing goes ahead and dies. Anyway, I went ahead and started and auto flower seed.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So what's the next step in my situation?

I called and told my mom about my plant problems. And she thinks that I should take a couple of cuttings from the lower part of the plant. And try to do better with the cuttings.

20231223_112714.jpg
20231223_101534.jpg
20231223_112615.jpg

Last edited:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Shes not too much better looking, but still alive. I removed some dying fan leafs. I'm gonna ride it out and see what happens.

20231227_114254.jpg
20231227_120427.jpg
20231227_114453.jpg
20231227_114220.jpg
20231227_114122.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
😭😭😭 i cant Believe I fucked up another chance at getting a good yield. Like usual, everything started out great. And then the flowers came on to play and then I overfertilized. That has to be what happen. I guess another lesson learned.
And like I said I'm gonna ride this one out and whatever. I started some other seeds so.
As you can see, it was going to have a lot of frosty flowers had it not started to die on me.😭
20231230_113544.jpg
20231230_094115.jpg

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
😭😭😭 i cant Believe I fucked up another chance at getting a good yield. Like usual, everything started out great. And then the flowers came on to play and then I overfertilized. That has to be what happen. I guess another lesson learned.
And like I said I'm gonna ride this one out and whatever. I started some other seeds so.
As you can see, it was going to have a lot of frosty flowers had it not started to die on me.😭
View attachment 18939928 View attachment 18939930
I'd still smoke it...

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Like I said, I'm definitely gonna take this all the way to the end. No matter how bad it looks in the end.

In the end, it doesn't even matter how it turned out. Because I'm gonna Let it finish growing and. smoke it anyway.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Update: she is still alive. Still has clear trich so im gunna wait quite a while befor i harvest. Plus i started feeding some bloom food again because at this point why not. Who knows it might help some now that she been flushed out. I know the leafs r fucked but the flowers still might keep growing some.
20240106_122021.jpg
20240106_122211.jpg
20240106_123100.jpg

Terlingua

How often are you giving them Medina?
I am not a novice canna grower, but have used Medina for many years for my flowers and vegetable plants with great results. Their liquid products are more for supplemental feeding and you would still need some type of slow release nutes.
Half (maybe even all) of the nitrogen in Medina Hasta Gro is only held in the moisture of the soil (this is why they claim it wont burn plants), so watering to a point of run off is probably only flushing out what is not used. I have only grown, successfully, using my Aerogarden and am starting my first soil grow. Your grow using Medina will help mine as I was planning on trying it. So please continue on.