What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple landrace indoors.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
It just looks like the plant is starving. I'd recommend a good simple base nutrient like Botanicare or GH.

Not all is lost, that's a frosty plant that will give you some smoke. We learn every grow and get better.

Loved the purple plant pics earlier in the thread 👍

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
How often are you giving them Medina?
I am not a novice canna grower, but have used Medina for many years for my flowers and vegetable plants with great results. Their liquid products are more for supplemental feeding and you would still need some type of slow release nutes.
Half (maybe even all) of the nitrogen in Medina Hasta Gro is only held in the moisture of the soil (this is why they claim it wont burn plants), so watering to a point of run off is probably only flushing out what is not used. I have only grown, successfully, using my Aerogarden and am starting my first soil grow. Your grow using Medina will help mine as I was planning on trying it. So please continue on.
Oh, I'm definitely gonna keep using it. I got plenty left.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
It just looks like the plant is starving. I'd recommend a good simple base nutrient like Botanicare or GH.

Not all is lost, that's a frosty plant that will give you some smoke. We learn every grow and get better.

Loved the purple plant pics earlier in the thread 👍
The thing is... ive been growing for 20 years now. Shouldn't I figure this s*** out by now?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Lots of people start and give up. The fact you are still at it is respectable in my book.

I think the only thing you are missing is some good nutrients and a light.

Wolverine97

Veteran
The thing is... ive been growing for 20 years now. Shouldn't I figure this s*** out by now?
Yes. Yes, you should.

First thing I'd do, is ditch your entire grow style. Start from zero. New light, first and foremost. For an all in one, I'd go CMH (lec). Ditch those nutrients, and start with a fairly rich soil. Water only, until flowering starts. Then a good quality (if sticking with bottled stuff) organic/veganic nutrient; General Organics, Bio Bizz, Age Old, etc...

It ain't hard to grow strong, healthy plants. But if you keep doing the same things that aren't producing the results you want, only adding tweaks here and there... you're going to struggle. I don't say it to be rude, but you should start from scratch. Really.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Flower photo.
20240130_133745.jpg
20240130_125624.jpg

Terlingua

Cheese- How much of the Medina were you mixing with water? 1oz medina to 1 gal of water every other week is what the label states.
Also were you mixing the Cal-Mag in with the Medina? If yes, were you mixing it in before or after adding the Medina?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I followed the directions on the bottle. The problem I had was at the beginning of flower I was over feeding the Medina has to grow every 5 days instead of once a week. So therefore, the plant started to decline in health and never really got to pack on true big flowers, But i Decided to keep it going anyway because something is better than nothing, and I figured if I waited it out. Maybe it will continue to grow something smokeable. 😁 So from now on I'm gonna not feed too much. In the early stages of flower cycle.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
She has been harvested. I should have been able to yield 10 times this much because of the size of the plant had grown to. The problem is that early on in flower cycle I overfed her or did something to screw up the plants flowering. I kept her and kept feeding and flowered to 12 weeks. Im very glad i got something from her. The flowers smell STRONG of grape, soda and cotton candy. 😁🍇🥤👊💥🍇 Luckily for me, I have a few more seeds left of this purple. 😁

20240222_110940.jpg
20240222_110431.jpg

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
She has been harvested. I should have been able to yield 10 times this much because of the size of the plant had grown to. The problem is that early on in flower cycle I overfed her or did something to screw up the plants flowering. I kept her and kept feeding and flowered to 12 weeks. Im very glad i got something from her. The flowers smell STRONG of grape, soda and cotton candy. 😁🍇🥤👊💥🍇 Luckily for me, I have a few more seeds left of this purple. 😁

View attachment 18963114 View attachment 18963116
Kudos for finishing it tho. Hope you get a killer smoke from it (sometimes it's the ugliest plant that yields the most surprising highs)