What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze

Yea, they're right. Purple Haze is just a purple pheno. The funny thing is, you see so much shit advertised as purple haze. I can name you a dozen dealers that have so-called 'Purple Haze'. The Original Haze is rare in and of itself because it's a fussy plant, it grows huge and doesn't yield much for it's height. Needless to say, it's not a great 'commercial' strain. This means not many dealers are going to have it, much less the rare purple pheno :)

But yea, what you have is probably a haze hybrid, but it doesn't look like O. Haze and it sure as hell isn't Purple Haze.

bythetracks

Sativa_Fan said:
Yea, they're right. Purple Haze is just a purple pheno. The funny thing is, you see so much shit advertised as purple haze. I can name you a dozen dealers that have so-called 'Purple Haze'. The Original Haze is rare in and of itself because it's a fussy plant, it grows huge and doesn't yield much for it's height. Needless to say, it's not a great 'commercial' strain. This means not many dealers are going to have it, much less the rare purple pheno :)

But yea, what you have is probably a haze hybrid, but it doesn't look like O. Haze and it sure as hell isn't Purple Haze.

when your dealer tells you they have purple haze, it's time to find a dealer who knows what they hell they're talking about. or grow your own.

Hell Im easy....this girl will toke any kinda haze....but melon haze does sound good.
I hear that Purple Haze is a myth...and since it comes from a well respeced grower with an incredile stable in his own garden. I dont know one way or the other...but I am unwilling to spend 75 to 90 an eight to smoke ANYTHING. I know in NJ they were sellin DA PURP HAZE...yeah it was sprayed with embombing fluid..... YUMMY. HOW COULD YA NOT SMELL THAT STUFF....I swear kids are getting dumber every year.

i dont know why anyone wouldnt want to smoke haze.it might smells like feet or your grandparent's dank wet basement but everytime you smell it again you love itmore. not to mention it has a sweet high.

i dont know for sure but i though haze was a combination of 3 different landrace sativas?

peace

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
$230 a HALF OUNCE!!!!

HOLY SHIT! I thought we were taking it with no lube in new orleans. where are you from with those prices?

next harvest I'm moving to your town buddy. and leaving a goddamn millionaire.

Poster nutbag haze has one of the finest peppery smells there are. I don't know what you've been smoking. wet basement and old feet? ain't haze.

haze is quite famous for the smell, and not in a bad way.

Last edited:
M

Mr. Nevermind

A few ago i went to NYC and stayed with a friend. He used the delivery service so as soon as i got there we but in an order. The guy came with what he called " purple haze x Skunk #1" I laughed at him becasue it had nno haze appearence or smell. My friend baught it cuz i flat out refused to buy anything with the label " haze" on it from a dealer. I smoked it and there was no haze in it at all. i sincearly doubt people are selling haze on the street. Like GBS said, noone doing a commerical op is gonna run a plant that takes 10-12 weeks and has small yields.

If you want Haze, best bet is to grow your own. Then you know you have a haze. You can fool most weed buyers, but growers know better

nevermind

the haze i had smelled like a wet basement, it was dry, no mold. i also had a kick ass sativa buzz. we were told it was haze, and ive had other hazes that smelled like it. i liked it.

peace

dizzy44

Mr. Nevermind said:
A few ago i went to NYC and stayed with a friend. He used the delivery service so as soon as i got there we but in an order. The guy came with what he called " purple haze x Skunk #1" I laughed at him becasue it had nno haze appearence or smell. My friend baught it cuz i flat out refused to buy anything with the label " haze" on it from a dealer. I smoked it and there was no haze in it at all. i sincearly doubt people are selling haze on the street. Like GBS said, noone doing a commerical op is gonna run a plant that takes 10-12 weeks and has small yields.

If you want Haze, best bet is to grow your own. Then you know you have a haze. You can fool most weed buyers, but growers know better

nevermind

I tend to disagree..I have found plenty of great hazes, just need to look in the right places..Recently i picked up the best haze I have ever been priveleged to smoke..Beautiful light green color, classic haze smell, and a ridicolous soaring sativa high. :joint:

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
let me comment here..

let me comment here..

That is not Haze in the pics!Haze does not look like that bro and no disrespect,,,just fact!
Haze looks like this...

Haze buds are not fat and round...
Nuff said.........
Take care............................CC

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Yea,thats the shit and it smells like Catpiss,Gin, and spice all melded together..And the odor of it being burned is like no other herb you have smelled since the 70's...Shit sticks to the inside of a room for hours and my god if you smoke it in a joint,,,it may be permanently inbedded in your home... :yoinks:
You walk in a room where it has been burned and you know you have entered a time vortex....... :chin: :yoinks: You think that kinda shit don't exist no more.........but...... :pointlaug

Wow, robtrees I'm not trying to be a douche here but I've noticed some of your other posts about what you bought adn how much you paid and I'm shocked. You're getting ripped off big time, bro. And then you'll mention that you don't even know if it's real or not, and then state the exhorbitant price that you paid. THERE IS NO STRAIN THAT GENUINELY COMMANDS $400 AND UP AN OUNCE! Sure that's what sheisty dealers in some parts of the country may charge, but that is beyond rape. I don't know if you mentioned why you don't grow or not, but if you can, I'd atleast set up a micro-grow. This way, you know waht you're getting, you don't have to worry about stupid street dealers 'wit dat purp n dat dro 'n haze, yo'. I've NEVER seen real purple haze offered by a street dealer, and for good reasons that others and me have already mentioned.

For future reference, the next time someone offers you 'haze', pay special attention to it. Do some research and see what hazes are SUPPOSED to look like. A plant that has mostly or all haze heritage has characteristic bud structure and smell. When I saw the pic I knew right off the bat it wasn't haze because of the density of the buds. Typically, haze buds are airy, light and wispy. Not short, dense and fat.

G

Some Purple Haze I grew... (Purple#1 x Nevilles Haze)

I dont believe there is a REAL Purple Haze still out there...just my 2 cents.