What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze

G

you want purple haze... get a few packs of tfd's original haze, or nev's haze and grow em all out... and MAYBE just MAYBE you'll find a purple pheno.

cheetos

mmmmmmmmm gotta love some nevilles haze. maybe sometime ill do up some blaze hear its awesome. right now i have some d39 goin. cant wait till their done.

blablablasted

I live in the city and I know exactly what that bud you have is. They call it purple haze but its not actually haze (which are spicy and uppity, this is sweet and narcotic) they just say that to make it sound good and becauese its actually really really strong. Its what they call the poppy- anyone know what I'm talking about :) You'll notice its really really strong but feels different than any other weed, really narcotic, almost like something other than weed. And it has an incredibly distinct smell that you can pick out any time, once again not quite like any weed, sweet but also chemically. Get the drift...

Most of it I think comes from the Bronx up by Fordham Rd and people pay like $400 for ounces because they really love it even if they know what it is they love it more than normal weed. And if they're selling it they'll just sell dimes anyway. I got introduced to it by friend from Connecticut. In his town they have crappy mexican they call "the bush", crappy beasters they call "kb" or "hydro", and no good weed so they smoke the poppy. Most everyone who smokes this stuff are the kind of people who only smoke blunts and it makes sense because you won't get high on a blunt of beasters with a bunch of heads hanging around. But my friends started doing bong rips, I even vaped some in my volcano. Then you really feel crazy blasted not like even the best weed, talk about staring at a wall. And a lot of peopl get nauseaus if they're not used to it.

Anyway, I don't like to smoke it all the time, you kinda don't feel right for the rest of the day. I mostly smoke really great normal trees like sour diesel and strawberry cough which I like much better than the poppy. But, still even knowing what it is its still really bangin sometimes if you want something more intense and especially in combination with other things. Just thought I'd let you know what that stuff is you got, enjoy it :)

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Isnt purple haze just a pheno of haze that gets purple? Nice commercial buds but theyre not purple and dont look like haze either..:yes:

GoodbyeBlueSky

robtrees said:
look at my Skunk thread in this forum. those buds look sooooooo much better than these but as i said, looks mean shit. those skunk buds were horrible. chemmy taste, and shitty high. but look at them? bag appeal is through the roof, but that means nothing. these haze buds look like shit but believe me, they were INSANE

saying that appearence of the bud means shit couldn't be farther from the truth. just because that compressed crap gets you higher doesn't mean it's better. if i wanted pure potency all the time i'd smoke nothing but honey oil and drink nothing but everclear. that's not the case... that compressed weed will ALWAYS fall short in these important ways...

-the rough handling deprives the outside of the buds of a rich layer of trichs
-the taste and smell will be stunted
-it won't burn right, that's considering it was at some point cured

there's no way to properly experience and rate the pot when it's in that state... a few other things to consider...

-the commercial inviability of haze... a single skunk plant could easily produce 2 to 3 times as much pot as a haze plant... i.e. there's no way anyone could afford to sell it for $275 an oz.
-many people find the taste/smell of real haze to be unpleasant, it's a love it-hate it kinda thing. and that's a hell of a risk for a dealer to be taking.
-those buds simply don't look like they came from a full bred pure haze plant. a 50/50 hybrid at best, haze buds are wispy and loose.
-(this ties back into the whole commercial viability of it)- the pot in those pics of yours is without a doubt from a large commercial grow... why would a cash cropper do a huge grow full of lanky, fussy, low yielding, high flowering time, pot that not everyone even likes...

i'm not saying it's not possible that you got haze there... it just seems there's a lot of probability stacked against it.

G

I had some haze once that i purchased from a friend that was purple , extremely frosty and wispy, orange hairs calyx's were purple but so many crystals that it as hard to see....made me feel like i was floating , higher than hell.... mind numbing haze high.

i've never grown OHaze, and none of the haze hybrids or whatever i've grown have shown me any purple tho.... so must be one in a bajillion, but they are out there to be had....and only SOME of the purple phenos are "blow your head off" potent besides....

Rob, those buds in that pic look like junk man. :( you need to get a grow going if you wanna smoke the best quality... sorry but it's the truth, even if you have a grower friend they're keeping the best of the best for themselves and you get what they don't want..... i can't even look at mids without holding back a gag these days.

Potroast

Last edited:
G

Am I the only one that thinks those nugs look like dog droppings? Glad the smoke is good...

GoodbyeBlueSky

purple haze is a rare phenotype that should be available in all the O Hazes that come from the original haze bros. stock...

the flying dutchman's ohaze is the real deal
so is tom hill's

it's a shame... OG had this amazing thread on the subject. at least one dude had a beautiful purple haze plant. and it was honestly one of those deals where you can tell just by looking at it. long pointed sativa leaves in a rich purple color.

though to be honest, in the end i think coloration of the flowers is more of a novelty than anything desirable. most purple weed i've grown and/or smoked is trichome deficient and usually rather harsh tasting...

KingRalph

i was looked at like an ignorant person when i told these people that what they were passing off was purple haze. "hmm i wonder what it really is" "it's purple haze yo" (insert demeaning look at me here) (insert smirk at their ignorance and quality of MY bud here) btw their BLUE haze most likely, had a pathetic high and no purple color, but a slight haze aftersmell. hello blueberry pheno, goodbye redeeming qualities.

how can we kill the purple haze hype? please HOW? it breeds ignorance. shit it's even in rap songs. everyone quick! sell your herb as purple haze while dumb farks are still falling for the lies!

remember, if we can spread awareness, maybe we can spread higher thinking, and maybe we can make supporters smart enough to do something about laws in the long run... anything but ignorance...

G

I remember my first experience with the "purple haze" saw cops in the complex, got paranoid and tried to hide the glass.

peace

G

Burmes pure, purple pheno on top
Purple Power on bottom in the jar.
Lavender plant at 44 days flower.
1111129junejars_9_-med.jpg
1111129juneburmese_smoke_6_-med.jpg
111112july_lav_4_-med.jpg

Peace
MOD

G

The Pink buds are Burmese Pure from RM!
Purple Power from Female seeds
Lavender from Soma/ still growing!
MOD

Drugcheese

There isn't real purple haze anymore. The original purple haze died out in the 70s. If anyone says they have 'purple haze' they are full of shit.

G

Drugcheese said:
There isn't real purple haze anymore. The original purple haze died out in the 70s. If anyone says they have 'purple haze' they are full of shit.

there is definitly purple haze bro, like has been said, purple haze is nothin more then the columbian pheno of haze. there has never been a true PHaze line commercially, theres been crosses to bring out the purp with haze, but there crosses.

the reasons you dont see it, is its very rare to find a good PHaze plant even amoung the purple phenotypes. and due to the nature of Haze, even crossin a male and female purp plants will not produce a purple population. also Haze bud looks horrible no matter if its purple or not, Haze in the bag looks like weeds, lol.

not every lumbo phenotype will purple, some purp with temps(dont consider it a real expression) and some purp no matter what temps are used(real shit)

as for findin a Haze line that expresses the purp phenotype, i choose THs offerin, which i found a female and a male purp plants, i ran a green and a purp plant across a female purp plant, will see if there was any increase in the purple expression.

i didnt go with TFDs offerin due to the fact they bred towards the Thai. were Tom i think has kept the line as diverse as possible.

when i made the Haze beans from Toms offerin i also used the two males on the sourdeez cut, and the purple male came thru in three plants, one is very purple, the 2 others you can see it in the buds, just not a strong expression at this point. think they just are goin longer then the one. heres a few shots of the purp one. this plant is purple in temps from 78 to 85 F, has never seen temps cooler then that.

one purple plant in a 20 bean run.

Purple Haze is real, and available, but to glean a beautiful plant, takes a crap load of time, and many many OHaze plants grown out to find that one in a zillion plant. will see here this winter if theres a good one in the seed i did:D

ill load up some pics from TomHill, absolutly stunnin plants.

CBF

G

here ya go, real deal PurpleHaze, pics courtesy TomHill. first time i seen these pics i bout dropped to my knees, drop dead gorgeous plants. ive been on the Hunt for PHaze for many years, wadded thru many a BS thread, and growers assuptions, ive done enough research to satisfy myself.

other then Toms haze i would recommend gettin hold of some of OT1s old skool haze beans. wolfman did a bunch of work with it, and theres a C99 X haze#4 from him that also expresses the purp, and theres was a nice thread at CW on OT1s Haze, were there were purple expressions in the populations. check out Ace seeds, theres a few purple haze pics there as well from OT1s line.

even a good original haze line is tough to get hold of that is not been worked towards a single phenotype. imo, its gonna have to come from a private collection, not commercially.

hopefully the non- believers and those misinformed will get somethin from this thread.

CBF

G

yup ^.

oh and sour deez can get a hint of purps like that, too, bro. sure you already knew that, though. nice shots, as always man. peace.