What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze x Malawi - Smoke Report Thread

early_bird

Veteran
Thread: https://www.icmag.com/threads/purple-haze-x-malawi.262407/

I collected the smoke reports from this strain and want to share it here at one place. The links to the orginal posts are included, so you can jump there and may find additional infos.

The fem was a good plant, grew huge outside. Smoke was strong , taste was average. I prefer Panama Haze!!Amazing high and taste . Big yeilder. As for Zamaldelica.I would rate it above PH xM. Especially the older Thai leaning phenos. I just tried some that had been stashed away for at least 8 months. !!Stopped me after 2 small bowls.Should have stopped at one. Sat there for 5 minutes looking at it

I began harvesting over the weekend; I cut the lower bud sites and hung to dry. She is being flushed now, and a smoke test went very, very well. Delightful high, very cerebral, yet relaxing.
... next post ...
PURPLE HAZE X MALAWI SMOKE REPORT
I just had to write this up, because if all highs have become very similar for you, this is the girl you gotta put on.
This strain is unlike anything I have smoked since I started smoking again in 2005. Early this morning I smoked some bud that is curing now; I cut it at the end of week 17 of flowering. I was totally high for 3 hours, with a very relaxing waning of effect. It is an intensely cerebral high, like my mind is surfing on a long, long wave that just keeps going. It is also extremely relaxing--not speedy or racing thoughts at all. I'd have to say that for me, it's medicinal in the calming effect it has on my mind.
I cut some more of the colas that were ready during week 18, and I'd say around one third of the plant, including the largest colas, is still waiting to be harvested. I'm almost afraid to let it get more potent in the flush for another week, but wtf... I want to see more brown pistils on uppermost buds and nearly all cloudy/milky trichomes. I definitely want to compare the two sets of harvested weed; for the week 17-18 weed, I can't imagine what it will be like when it's cured. And then, there will be the 20-week weed.
Of course, the experience is always intensified when one bakes first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, but I am so glad that I took the time to try something different. You can call me the sativa whisperer; I just ordered some more of these seeds to grow. For me, it was well worth the wait. I can't remember if I was ever this high for this long. 10 thumbs up.*

I'm not great at nuanced smoke reports, but as a pot head...
I've smoked Zamaldelica, PHM and MalawixPCK.
They are all a pretty similar high for me, so I'll assume that's the Malawi in all of them.
It's clear, uplifting and makes me want to be active. I don't get any paranoia or psychedelic effects, I smoke a gram joint a day and/or eat a strong brownie and live in a legal area. I consider my tolerance pretty high, so I could see how someone who smokes less could get f'ed up off of any malawi hybrid.
Smoking the green Malawi PCK at the moment and it's damn fine heart racing shit.

after 5 month and a half the ph x malawi 1 i grew this summer and above in reddish phenotypes photo 3- 4 (same pheno in a winter run) has completely change and is probably now my best smoke challenging my carrots mango long flowering zamadelica. compared with the other reddish pheno photo 1-2 is less berry smelling but remembering it with such a more complex terpene profile. what smashes her sister is the quality of the high. after one hit you are just on the rump to jump in to the day, at half joint you are well inspired to do things and the high increase consistency every smoke. after one joint you are inside a beautiful long lasting, clean and strong high. smoking more make high goes stronger and little bit more introspective without taking your energy......after a while you need to eat a cow
... dubi few posts later...
The effect of this strain is really uplifting and energetic for a straight Malawi cross as you have experienced. Thank you very much for the feedback! Top class colorful and resinous sativa buds :yummy:

Sampled a few lower buds, that had been taken a weeks ago. Very spicey, woody smoke . Very nice!!! Hits very quick and a bit disorienting to start. Sits you back in your chair for a bit( or slumped) lol. Evens out into a nice trippy , happy high.
...next post...
mine are similar, flavor is so difficult to describe, spicy and earthy with something like unripe red fruits hint on exhale smoke. you describe really well the high, mine are the same. phenotypes shows common traits in the high ,smell and flavor meanwhile i find a lot of expressions of this marriage, tall and shorts plants with different bud shape . in two words :interesting and different.

Hi, here is a little of my harvest, very good amount I'm really happy.
The smell of the bud is not strong, the taste is starting to show after 12 days of curing, kind of oiled/incensed, I like it.
The smell of the smoke is very sweet incense. The high is the best of all, I'm really amazed by the power of this sativa high very happy and psicodelic, i think it's equally or a little stronger than indoor buds around but the high is different and I like it more. Can't wait to put the other seed I have next month :).
Peace.

I tried the few weeks cured #1 plant from the pics i posted a while ago, but hestiate with a smoke report.
It is really strong stuff and has an long duration. Not as crazy strong as Malawi x PCK (which can´t be topped) but it comes somewhat close.
The high is very complex, which make it not easy to describe. Sativa style without couchlook of course, but more on the neutral side, not super energetic as Bangi Haze where you must move. Wasn´t racy, but you enjoy activity.
Little euphoria, but very different from Zamaldelica which is euphorica bigger style. Here it seems more decent under the hood. But then someone tells a joke and you laugh so much :biggrin:
I noticed both times when i tried PHM how funny things are going to be. We made so much jokes and was laughing so much. Seems to make talkative. Somewhat clear, at least i noticed not so much loss of the short term memory.

I smoked some quick dried today.
It's very good smoke. One of the best, perhaps even the best I've ever smoked.

flowering time was +- 100 days, bouquet before harvest was very spicy, hazy and not sweet at all, but after curing some decent fresh sweet fruity aroma appeared
taste is spicy and smooth, but with little 'burned leaf' taste in it
high is clear and happy, great daytime smoke
... next post ...
and the second one, harvested little unripe in day 110 12/12, because of accident with one zamaldelica hermie :D
she has very light floral and hazy smell, taste is not good when smoked, so i only vape it :D
high is very clear, but in my eyes, faster pheno is much better in almost everything

Dubi about PHM
Purple Haze Malawi effect is very clear, mental and motivating as you experienced, more on the Haze side .... surprisingly the Malawi influence doesn't make the effect heavy or very physical.
The flowers of your first plant have undoubtedly more malawi influence (denser, more resinous and faster maturing), while the second is more hazy.

Since I've been testing some of their flowers,, with a little curing (3 weeks+-) is enjoying much,the smell when you open the pot like liquor in a wooden barrel,hoping to better describe the taste later.As for effect I have to say that is clean and powerful while still quite friendly

The lower smoke at 16.5 weeks is phenomenal stuff, I think I like it even better than the Pure Purple Haze which I have been hoarding since I took it down at the beginning of last year. I can tell you one things for sure, the trim is going to make for some AWESOME chocolate chip cookies! Dubi, thanks as always - the selection / breeding is fantastic. These 2 plants are just 2 random seeds run to completion, no selection on this end whatsoever.

Latest posts

Latest posts