What's new

Purple Afghan

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BH, as always, a joy to be privy to your grow. Look forward to the next photo update.
Wish their were more pics afloat of the BC Purple Kush for a comparison look.
Best wishes w/ the new job. Cheers, HL

Dr. D

Veteran
Hey BH very nice plants you got there...whats the smell like with them?
Elevator man its been getting cold here too nearly had a frost the other night, the cold nights are already starting to send my Marocs purple in the greenhouse...

G

Hiya Folks

Yup, first frost came 6-8 weeks early. No frost this morning, so p[ropbably just a sudden cold snap. Seen many plants survive this before, but they go dark purple suddenly. Doc, those Marocs should be very colourful by the end, judging by other grows I've seen of those.

Purple Afghans at 40 days and looking really delicious. Can only imagine how big this cola would have got if the plant was allowed to grow untopped. This pheno is definitely the big yielder of the bunch.

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

G

A closeup, this is also the most colourful plant, definitely a keeper if she smokes good. Expecting to see her pack on the resin in the last 20 days.

DSCF0048.jpg

The other purple pheno is also looking good, but the yield looks a little smaller. The wardrobe is full of stinky buds now, a real dense jungle canopy.

DSCF0053.jpg

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

E

easyrasta

hope those girls smoke as good as they look
if they do u can put me down for a pack of seeds lol
great job as alway
peace
ez

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to British_Hempire again.

Last edited:
G

Cheers ez. I have chucked some Afghan male pollen around and have kept him for future work as well as cloning all 4 females, so seeds will be shared for sure.

awesome pic, i love the purple color on the plants. Could you talk us about the yield and taste?? however i can smell this prttey buds...hehehehehe.

G

Hiya Ras, I forgot all about updating this thread, sorry!

These pics are from 28th Sept, so 5 days old. One lady in particular stands out, the most intensely coloured one and a huge yielder, massive buds. Here she is at 48 days, may go 60 judging by the triches.

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

Dr. D

Veteran
Very nice BH she looks great...hows the smell?
Do you think she is pure Afghan? She does look like she has some other genetics in her...

G

Hiya D. My sense of smell is very poor and I had a cold at the moment, so no idea on the smell.

I am told this is an unhybridised Afghan, but I'm not sure, as the 4 females are all different, there is this one, another purple one with a more open, foxtail bud structure, then a green one with similar buds to this purple one but much smaller buds, then the fourth is a green one with really foxtail buds.

In veg, they seemed very similar and looked like a pure Afghan, but as flowering has progressed, the differences are obvious, so not sure at all what there real genetic background is, but there is definitely mostly Afghan type genetics in there I think. Could be a cross of more than one Afghan type perhaps. I still doubt these are commercial genes, and it was stressed to me that they weren't any kind of commercial seed, and of the Afghan types I can think of that were available commercially in the early 90s or before, these don;t remind me of any of them, Maple Leaf Indica was similar to these when they were in veg, but since they flowered, they are nothing like MLI. If the purple one pictured was green, it would remind me a lot of the original Positronics Citral I grew outdoors as one of my very first grows.

So, to be honest, I haven't got a feckin clue and although it would be nice to know exactly their genetic mak-up, it's secondary to the quality of the genes. I only kept 1 of the 4 males as I thought the strain was pretty consistent back then as the plants all looked pretty much the same, I chose the male based on health, vigour and structure, I picked the least stretchy one and that one had the structure of the females, nice and compact with huge amounts of side branching, now I know there are at least 4 phenos, I realise keeping only one male means I can't reproduce the strain and crossign the male to any of the 4 females would completely bottleneck the genes. So my current line of thinking is to select only the best of the 4 females and work with that one. Looke to me like I will keep the two purple females as clones and the foxtaily green pheno too, but that all depends on smoke quality. The big purple one pictured I will keep almost regardless of how she smokes as the yield and colouration are exceptional qualities, I recon as a commercial cutting, this pheno would be awesome, huge yields of intensely purple buds.

So what I will probably do is to cross the male to this purple pheno (and I pollinated all 4 ladies), grow out te F1s, select the best male and backcross to the original purple female.

Elephunk

That is one amazing looking purple girl you have there dude. Nicely done! I was wondering where you got the seeds from. I remember seeing a site that had purple afghani listed, but for some reason now its slipped my mind :rolleyes:.

catfish

fantastic pics!
i will have to post some of my fall/winter project
when it gets going
i have had a similar experience with
an afghani strain i obtained a few years ago
there was a purple pheno a taller green pheno
and an early green pheno
i am trying to breed for the purple myself
the high and the smell and taste are unique when fresh
and cured to a spicy hashy taste

Tasty looking herb man

Tasty looking herb man

Easy Hempire. Wicked. Pukka mate!!!!
Muito benito!

Would love something like that in my garden..

:rasta:

Tc

G

Hopefully I can reveg this lady, then I can backcross the best male of the F1s this plant is carrying with the original lady and share the purple goodness around, I reckon a BX1 would be a good startign point, then I'll linebreed to stabilise for intense colouration and the huge yield. Once i have a fairly stable line suitable for outcrossing, I'll make some crosses, first up to my Herijuana pheno which is wickedly potent and can be quite colourful too.

Herijuana:

P1010002-1.jpg

P1010003-1.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010016-1.jpg

P1010017-1.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts