What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Seeds?

xet

The reasons why I think Mama Thai is a hybrid might be unfounded but this is my line of thinking (before I found out you had an 18 week flower pheno)

* 11 week flower
* more suited to indoor cultivation
* little information on the strain outside of the tidbits on Seedsman.com

Your review swayed me into believing. Time to get seeds

xet

Add this to list of interesting sativas ( i Have ~80 more to add to my previous lists in this thread but this one goes righ to the top)

Haze #1
Mexican Haze x Jamaican Lambsbread x Chocolate Thai
  1. Powerful, Strong
  2. stable, magical mix of Columbian, Mexican, Thai and Jamaican marijuana strains
  3. intense rushing high.
  4. complex aroma which is reminiscent of non-cannabis plants.
  5. The roots of our Haze lie in the foothills of the Bay Area, California, in the 1970s.
https://www.seedsman.com/en/haze-1-regular-seeds
Nirvana Seeds

xet

wow just look at this one

Eagle Bill
Pure Haze x Colombian x Thai x Jamaican x ?
The effect is uplifting without being overwhelmingly strong thus making it a nice, uplifting choice for daytime and is sufficiently energising allowing for both physical activity as well as thoughtful conversations to be enjoyed.
https://www.seedsman.com/es/eagle-bill-regular-seeds
Sensi Seeds

xet

Don't think with Skunk in it you find 20 wks phenotypes.

I would like to agree but what about

Originally Posted by J TricH View Post
Hi Dr.King.. i have new details from breeder...
Parents are an early thai mother and a skunk no.1 father.
Mostly sativa
Flowering 70 days
Indoor 9-11 wks.
Outdoor Nov
High yield

The thread lends me to believe the World of Seeds 'Wild Thailand' is more pure

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I would like to agree but what about

The thread lends me to believe the World of Seeds 'Wild Thailand' is more pure

WOS sucks, waste to spend your money on and what Seedsman says isn't correct.The 18 wk pheno i showed you could even go for 20 wks.

burningfire

Veteran
I wouldn't trust anything from WOS, their strain descriptions read like pure fabrication..

"Grown by generations of Shaka Zulus, who were one of Africa’s most significant farmer warrior tribes, legend has it that this plant was used in the battle preparations prior to the first British attack in 1879 and that her long-lasting and galvanising properties enabled the outnumbered and outgunned Zulu army to repel the enemy invaders."

I forgot which of their other strain had a crazy story like that, I think they changed the colombian one but it had a similar description.

Mama thai is probably a better choice than whatever WOS claims as thai.

if you are going the hybrid route Destroyer by Ace/CBG is probably a better bet.

nksv

Hey mate, I am on a similar quest. Been growing Ace sativas. Really good stuff. I can recommend - Zamaldelica, Panama/Malawi and Panama. I have put these up against sativa doms like Apollo 11. I find the Ace stuff bit more special. You can order directly from them and try and few different strains out. Really cheap that way. Satori from Mandala is an interesting strain also.

xet

Mama thai is probably a better choice than whatever WOS claims as thai.

if you are going the hybrid route Destroyer by Ace/CBG is probably a better bet.

Thank you for that I will definitely try out both the Mama Thai and Destroyer

Hey mate, I am on a similar quest. Been growing Ace sativas. Really good stuff. I can recommend - Zamaldelica, Panama/Malawi and Panama. I have put these up against sativa doms like Apollo 11. I find the Ace stuff bit more special. You can order directly from them and try and few different strains out. Really cheap that way. Satori from Mandala is an interesting strain also.

Cheers I am looking into that Satori

So far I am looking at running and crossing these strains asap

Mama Thai
Destroyer
Zamaldelica
Ethiopian
Arjan's Ultra Haze #2

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hi Dr.King.. i have new details from breeder... :tiphat:
Parents are an early thai mother and a skunk no.1 father.
Mostly sativa
Flowering 70 days
Indoor 9-11 wks.
Outdoor Nov :)
High yield
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=326483&highlight=Mama+thai&page=2
From seedsman sub forum....
If you want a hybrid 100% sativa,try destroyer....
Also golden tiger is good but need selection...
forget WOS & GHS....

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Honestly, I've always seen breeders deny the presence of skunk on the various alleged landrace...but I've never seen anyone support the presence of skunk where it is not present.
About the long flowering....well,i think its only a selection,and phenotype....for example,I tried several nl x haze, however I remember a plant of nirvana that could pass for pure sativa, thiny leaves, very long flowering, airy buds...this is my 2 cent.... ;)

nksv

The Real Seed Co look super interesting. Would love to know more about experiences there. Pretty cool to be able to preserve these kind of things. I know Bodhi has some landrace/ heirloom project going. Haven't seen any Thai strains out of them but worth keeping an eye on that. I know he's super in that kind of preservation.

Bob Green

Kangativas Mullumbimby Madness crossed to Hempy's 78 Gold Thia made by the legendary old Nevil S.

I love this cultivar! Not impossible to tame indoors and makes me feel completely outstanding. She can take away stress or I even use her as my preventive medicine to balance my mood.

I call her Medusa's Beehive because she branches like mad and stacks from top to bottom. This one was vegged for five weeks from seed then bloomed for 17/18 weeks.

Thia....

Last edited:

Bob Green

Medusa's Beehive AKA Thia....

Attachments

• IMG_6940.JPG
    IMG_6940.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6944.jpg
    IMG_6944.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 64

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wish that Mullumbimby was easily available. I am sure it is the tits.

thejact55

The Real Seed Co look super interesting. Would love to know more about experiences there. Pretty cool to be able to preserve these kind of things. I know Bodhi has some landrace/ heirloom project going. Haven't seen any Thai strains out of them but worth keeping an eye on that. I know he's super in that kind of preservation.

I have like 7+ rsc strains in the thread in my link. Mostly in the beginning but sprinkled throughout.