What's new

Pure Thai Sativas

Gelado`

Veteran
I don't think there are ANY local strains grown on Phuket, but the best Asian weed I've ever had was scored there through a cab driver who I was very nice to before asking him to hook me up. He didn't even smoke, but asked one of his buddies to make it happen. It was seedless, heavily compressed and damp. I wouldn't say incense, but definitely tropical sativa, and a soaring high that left me absolutely speechless. The potency was much, much better than I expected when looking at it too. We smoked a huge bomber with the guy who got it for us and I didn't even know where to look because my mind was playing tricks on me. LOL

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks for the info, Gelado.
I'm into getting some Thai beans for this year, on the other hand I would be also interested in some Brasilian sativa, but have no experience with none of them. So every story or thought from experienced people has great value to me.

Gelado`

Veteran
I say go for it and just grow one out! The Brazilian may be a happier, less intense smoke IMO.

I grow my Cambodian and Thai brick seed acquisitions indoors. 600wt HPS ushio red and 600wt ushio opti blu conversion one light per meter alternating red/ blue. Works well enough to produce acceptable flowers and enough seed to give to my Hawaiian friends to grow outside properly. I do this out of necessity as I'm at the 46th parallel.

Once I figure it out I'll put up some photos. Not near as simple as the other boards. I'm learning fast. I've got samples from Bangkok, Patong, Chaing Mai and two from Seim Reip Cambodia. I'm hacking them down early at 14 weeks, ha. They are all loaded with seed due to an open pollination done prior to removal of the males. Oops.

bushweed

Veteran
This is also a Hmong Thai that has been kept by a tribal family around Phitsanulok in lower northern Thailand. I believe it's the same as Mr.Mallard's from two pages back. It is distinct from the Hmong Thai from breeder's choice, which is stated as a slow growing strain, because this is one of the most vigorous plants ever seen...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

In this part of Australia there are two growing seasons. Below we see the Hmong Thai finishing off in Winter with an Autumn sapling next to her.
picture.php

Hmong

Veteran
It is distinct from the Hmong Thai from breeder's choice, which is stated as a slow growing strain, because this is one of the most vigorous plants ever seen...

would you say this is an issue indoors?
I am sure for outdoor this is huge but In my onest opinion I am happy with them keeping low.

Awesome pictures btw. I have allways been a silent reader in your guys thread.
very impressing

bushweed

Veteran
This a cross of two seventies Thais kept in Australia. One is a '78 Thai stick from lowland stock, the other from an early 70s Thai...

picture.php

picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]
picture.php

picture.php

would you say this is an issue indoors?
I am sure for outdoor this is huge but In my onest opinion I am happy with them keeping low.

Well it's not an issue in the sense that this Hmong is not on the market, unless Wizards of Oz run with it, which I hope they do. But no, you're absolutely right, this line would be very difficult to work indoors. Whereas I think the one you have is from smaller statured plants up around the Burmese border and flowers around 16 weeks, which is a lot more manageable. Look forward to see how they go for you.

Hmong

Veteran
yes thats exactly what the description said.
you know well sir :tiphat:

I just hope I find one male in my stock. I know they are rare

ThaiBliss

Veteran
This a cross of two seventies Thais kept in Australia. One is a '78 Thai stick from lowland stock, the other from an early 70s Thai...

Oh Man!

picture.php

Oh man, Oh man!

picture.php

Exceptionally well formed Thai. You are killing me!
:biggrin:

Is that the Nimbin Purple, the one from the early 70s?

Thanks for posting all these pictures.

ThaiBliss

bushweed

Veteran
absolutely beautiful bushweed
I dream of the day I can grow some thais as big as yours.

Hi purple clouds, I've learned that it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. A good plant will be just as magical at 6 foot as it is at 16. Less than that & the full expression may not be reached. But there is something majestic about them when they are large.

Excellent pics Bushweed.
I wish I could grow stuff like that outdoors here, I bet those herbs are out of this world

Thanks HidingInTheHaze, some are for sure, but like just about every cultivar they take some selection. It's the clear uplifting quality of most Thais that really stands out, with the occasional psychedelic or paranoiac phenotype that earns the legend.

Is that the Nimbin Purple, the one from the early 70s?
Thanks for posting all these pictures.

Thanks TB, the early 70s Thai is Kangativa's Mullumbimby Madness, which may or may not be pure Thai, but is most certainly Thai dominant. The Nimbin Purple is from another Mullumbimby line called Old Mother sativa and is said by 20'thai to come from seeds his uncle found in 50s Thai stick hehe (if you can believe it) The NP is not pure but is skunk crossed, still it is a favorite of mine.

Kangativa said:
When I first got hold of the seed there was a couple of different phenos, but the most common was the plants like in my avatar, long headed branches with beautiful long colas.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And guys, I sincerely hope I don't put anyone off posting in this thread after me saturating it with my crap. I love seeing everyone's plants no matter the size, and I'd love to grow al the strains I've seen on here like Double Thai, Mango Thai, Hmong Thai etc.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Thanks HidingInTheHaze, some are for sure, but like just about every cultivar they take some selection. It's the clear uplifting quality of most Thais that really stands out, with the occasional psychedelic or paranoiac phenotype that earns the legend.

I appreciate the honest reply. It has got to be much more difficult to run selections on plants that take so long to finish, Im sure they are all interesting in their own right.

I am yet to try a pure thai, but I have always found them intriguing.

Here is my pure thai male, despite being pure he is very well suited for indoor. He has very low nutrient requirements and grows at a very good speed if just left alone in the corner of veg.

I just used him on a few of my favorite females trying to make something a little more practical for indoor, got a few going now also a few more pure thais.

picture.php

bushweed

Veteran
Looks like a nice male HidingInTheHaze, should provide something different for your favorite females and hopefully not blow the flowering times out too much.

Bushweed: Have you ever grown thais indoors? Can you compare the two?

Here's the cross of the two old school Oz Thais mentioned above, grown indoors and flowered for 18 weeks. It can be done, but IMO I don't think the full spectrum of terpenes and cannabinoids of a sativa used to tropical conditions can be realized under artificial lights. However if you have a look at JahGreenLabels's albums he does justice to some GN Thais, which is some feat given their 20+ weeks flowering.
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts