What's new

Pure Thai Sativas

Ah ha! I knew it. Bushy, you wiley Aussie! I'm pretty sure that's a Thai women in that patch. That's not fair! Those are her plants.

Hmong

Veteran
thx 4 the pic bushweed.

thats the stuff I'm talking about, this one is pretty short also.
12/12 from seed? mine would be nearly 2 ft already If I would not have trained them
I can only guess how they will rush off when I switch them.

bushweed

Veteran
Ah ha! I knew it. Bushy, you wiley Aussie! I'm pretty sure that's a Thai women in that patch. That's not fair! Those are her plants.

Hehe, there's plenty of old white men around here with young Asian women, Panta. You take them out to dinner and all the old white Australian ladies look like they just swallowed a turd. BTW how's that Cambodian A coming along?

thx 4 the pic bushweed.

thats the stuff I'm talking about, this one is pretty short also.
12/12 from seed? mine would be nearly 2 ft already If I would not have trained them I can only guess how they will rush off when I switch them.

My friends who used to sell pot in the 70s grew out seeds they found in thai sticks etc. One of the strongest Thais they ever grew was an ultra slow growing plant that was short and squat with a long central cola that was dynamite. Hope you find it.

Here's the opposite, a line I call Cloud catcher due to it's amazing vigor. It is a cross of Kangativa's early 70s Thai and 20'thai's 50s Thai, it is very hermi prone and usually only produces long golden foxtails.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Hmong

Veteran
Beautiful plants bushweed!!! so majestic!

What do you think would it be a problem to grow Thai in a greenhouse around 47° lat?
I have no experience in greenhouse cultivaton so far, but I am really looking forward to that if here its some day completely allowed to grow your own.
Indoor isn't the real deal imho

cheerz Hmong

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hey Bushy,

I've been really appreciating all the Thai Weed posts you have been doing lately. Great stuff, really!

Here is one of my more recent favorites of yours:

picture.php

I love this for being able to see clearly some of the leaf and bud details. It is also very cool for capturing the way the light is striking the early development of the buds. I get a feeling of such future potential and promise by looking at it.

Great Work.

ThaiBliss

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Here's the opposite, a line I call Cloud catcher due to it's amazing vigor. It is a cross of Kangativa's early 70s Thai and 20'thai's 50s Thai, it is very hermi prone and usually only produces long golden foxtails.
View Image
View Image
View Image
View ImageView Image

Be careful, bushweed! If you keep poking it you're just going
to piss it off. And besides, you're going to need a bigger stick. :)

picture.php

Nice monster ya got there.

Hmong

Veteran
Hey Hmong, for what it's worth, here's my second endorsement for growing Thais indoors. '78 Thai stick...

haha nice
they are huge bro! how many weeks did they take?

I will pot mine tomorrow into an organic mix. I started them in Coco but its really tricky to keep them happy with chem nutes, I tend to overfeed even with 1/2 strengh.
when they have recovered, I will throw in a few pics ;)

bushweed

Veteran
That one took 20+ weeks.
What do you think would it be a problem to grow Thai in a greenhouse around 47° lat?

I think you might struggle. Perhaps your best bet would be to plant in pots starting outdoors in summer, then covered in the Greenhouse, finishing it off indoor under lights. I know it sounds labor intensive. At your latitude I'd probably cross in something early and non-dominant and select for the clear Thai high.

Here's something along those lines, a Thai x Skunk that flowers in 10-12 weeks, puts out some purple phenos, retains a euphoric cerebral high, but has a little more body and not as long lasting....

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hmong

Veteran
looks pretty dense for a thai yes!
nice cross. I thought about a Cross with a PCK male if i don't end up with any male in my Hmonmh Hilltribe seedstock.
on the other hand.to keep sativa traits in the offspring of a Jamaican bagseed mother, a user in our forum used a Delta 9 male and selected for the mother again. so Delta 9 would be an option too.

But if i really end up with no Hilltribe male I will check for other lines to keep the geotype. In this run I expect some hermies, at least because of stress so I am realistic that the 10 seeds i have left in the fridge may not be enough eighter to continue with this line purely.

Perhaps your best bet would be to plant in pots starting outdoors in summer, then covered in the Greenhouse, finishing it off indoor under lights.

good suggestion, imho it doesn't make sence to not use additional lighning in a gh
you can just benefit, or lets say you rather need it to get decent product on a regular basis. maybe for sativas some darkening feature would be a good idea to introduce flowering earlier. but that possibility is far away for me atm so just ideas.

deadkndys

This is an awesome thread glad I stumbled across it.

I am currently growing Greenhouses 'Thai'. They claim it to be 80 percent Thai and 20 Percent Laotian sativa.

I'm about 3 and a half weeks into veg. And I also plan on transplanting them outdoors and flowering them at a foot.

:rasta:

Attachments

• DSC_0517[1].jpg
    DSC_0517[1].jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0516[1].jpg
    DSC_0516[1].jpg
    74 KB · Views: 37

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Bushie

Nice line up bro .

Growing Sativas indoors I`d recommend start with a rooted clone about 15cm . Keep lights on 11/13 or less .
All these folks who say growing them is hard . Are just not patient enough .
It`s not that hard really just water every cpl of days and keep them staked . What`s so hard about filling a watering can and emptying it onto a plant ?
I have run Haze hybrids and your Blue Mango indoors for a few years now . about 130 -140 days the longest runners .
I agree in perfect conditions an out door Sat can reach greater potential .
But ... how often to you get perfect finishing weather ?
Indoors the terps mightn`t get as developed . But they are a lot more consistent than Plants flowered in the rain .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

bushweed

Veteran
Hi Elmer,

What are we talking about here, haze hybrids or pure Thais? Of course it's worth running pure Thais indoors if that's your option (have you tried it?), but if you have an opportunity to run pure sats outdoors in those subtropical climes where you and I live - even in the rain - it's got to be superior. Example MMxThai'78 flowered outdoors in wettest Autumn in memory...

picture.php

picture.php

Now compare to the Thai'78 flowering 20 weeks indoors above. Sure you might get more consistency flowering your favorite 60/40 or 50/50 sat/ind haze hybrids indoors, but I'd sure hate to see you trying to convince Kanga or Donald of that :biggrin:

Gelado`

Veteran
I've got the weather for outdoor sativas (no frost, temp never gets too low for growth). Might have to put a few out in the fall after storm season!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
G`day Bushie

Nice line up bro .

Growing Sativas indoors I`d recommend start with a rooted clone about 15cm . Keep lights on 11/13 or less .
All these folks who say growing them is hard . Are just not patient enough .
It`s not that hard really just water every cpl of days and keep them staked . What`s so hard about filling a watering can and emptying it onto a plant ?
I have run Haze hybrids and your Blue Mango indoors for a few years now . about 130 -140 days the longest runners .
I agree in perfect conditions an out door Sat can reach greater potential .
But ... how often to you get perfect finishing weather ?
Indoors the terps mightn`t get as developed . But they are a lot more consistent than Plants flowered in the rain .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Greetings,

I have to step up and defend Elmer Bud's willingness to believe in the possibility of a Thai being grown successfully indoors. This is strange for me since I have spent so much time arguing that outdoor weed is always better than indoor if it finishes early enough for the climate you grow it in. I felt strongly about it. But... the best weed I ever smoked in my life was grown indoors. I have always considered Thai Stick, Sumatran, and Jamaican Ganja to be the best strains. Out of these, the strain that I have the most experience with were the Thai Stick. I got them every year over a period of about 10 years in the 70s. But I grew a Haze indoors that beat them all. It looked to me like a Thai/Oaxacan leaning individual. I'm not saying it was more potent than Thai Stick, though it was close, and it had the full on Thai Stick squinty eye trippy effect. I think the indoor Haze was better due to the quality. The paranoia was diminished and replaced with increased euphoria. It also had a stronger psilocybin-like sudden phase shift to it, so in some ways it was trippier.

There is still some question in my mind about the ability to maintain a breed's potency in an indoor environment. I have not been able to do it. But I think it is possible that the limit of the numbers to select from has been the biggest significant factor.

The universe seems to have a way of showing me the errors of my strongly held beliefs. This past year I have been railing against the Indica invasion that has overtaken the strains being grown in the area where I live, and apparently everywhere else including the tropics. But right now, the cleanest, clearest and trippiest strain I have is a very fat leaved, fat budded strain, Bangi Haze. I was so disappointed when I saw how that plant started growing, all fat leaved and squat. I'm trying to find my way back to the Thai Stick, extreme Haze, Sumatran, or Jamaican quality. I have a feeling that a fat leaved, dense bud strain I have growing at the moment, Nanan-Bouclou, might turn out great, just to drive the lesson home to me. I'll take that lesson gladly, if it gets me to where I want my head to be, even if the universe is getting a big belly laugh out of it.
:biggrin:

ThaiBliss

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Bushie

Well ... I did mention consistency .
Ask Don about his harvests after a cyclone or 2 .

No I haven`t grown Thai indoors .
Risk vs reward is not in its favour in my circumstance.

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Cambodian 2013 B #1 Pistillate

Cambodian 2013 B #1 Pistillate

Cambodian A #1 is not as photogenic, so here is B. Actual resin and a semblance of structure. Smells like fruity terpentine. Sort of a sweet haze odor, though less woody than Neville's haze. Grown indoors in rockwool.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 47