What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

numide

Veteran
Mango Thai RSC
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

sota

Hi Thaibliss,
When I grew Sumatra for the first time, I was very disappointed.
I had long, thin leaves with this " jagged serrations" expected.
But the trippy effect of this visually insignificant plant has me absolutely thrilled.

Mustafunk,
thank´s for your vibes, make my plants healthy:)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi Thaibliss,
When I grew Sumatra for the first time, I was very disappointed.
I had long, thin leaves with this " jagged serrations" expected.
But the trippy effect of this visually insignificant plant has me absolutely thrilled.

Mustafunk,
thank´s for your vibes, make my plants healthy:)

Sota,

The bottom line is always the effect. I've been surprised more than a couple of times. Burmese and ACE's Bangi Haze both looked completely indica, but both had great sativa effects.

I'm not disappointed by your photo at all. I'm keenly interested and fascinated. Keep posting as it progresses! Good job, and best of luck.

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

sota

Sota,

The bottom line is always the effect. I've been surprised more than a couple of times. Burmese and ACE's Bangi Haze both looked completely indica, but both had great sativa effects.

I'm not disappointed by your photo at all. I'm keenly interested and fascinated. Keep posting as it progresses! Good job, and best of luck.

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

I want to show you an interesting cross.
On a tea plantation in Sri Lanka, in 1981 I got a few seeds.
I grwow them out (no one seed saved:( and crossed it with tripping Sumatra.
The result we called tripping Sri Lanka haze:)
She was like the pure Sumatra somehow special.
Let us fly :)

Attachments

• tripping srilanka haze.jpg
    tripping srilanka haze.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 55
  • tripping srilanka haze2.jpg
    tripping srilanka haze2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 53

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I want to show you an interesting cross.
On a tea plantation in Sri Lanka, in 1981 I got a few seeds.
I grwow them out (no one seed saved:( and crossed it with tripping Sumatra.
The result we called tripping Sri Lanka haze:)
She was like the pure Sumatra somehow special.
Let us fly :)

Cool. Makes me think of the Lipton Tea advertisement. "...those tiny little tea leaves..." I always did like those tiny little leaves.
:laughing:

ahortator

Veteran
Hi

There was no good luck with the GN Thai Stick. Only seven seeds sprouted and the seven plants are all female.

I don't know why it is impossible for me to make seeds of a pure landrace strain.

This is very annoying. I am bored.

Ganja baba

Veteran
Hi guys I have found flowering g land race sativas flower much quicker denser and more balanced if flowered on 10 hours light 14 hours dark you will take weeks of the flowering time these plants need to be on the 10 hours mark to force propper flowering other wise you may have to wait for the plant to grow judge before it wants to fully flower , Thais are notorious for it unless in full flower you will get wispy buds and berms . Also a mix of blue and red light favours most long sativa and more macro and trace elements if using chems .
Also great plants the Sumatra looks interesting and so to the Thai sticks but some are Burmese or even African sold as Thai the stuff in the uk that is , but it doesn't matter I know a few people that have grown from stick seed and they have all been great sativas , a lot of the lame grassy tastes to with the 10 hour trick

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran

Sota,

Great looking flowers man! I'm tripping on the psychedelic colors alone. You're doing a great job bringing it towards maturity. I hope you are making at least a few seeds and have saved a cutting for backup.

Looking forward to your next update,

ThaiBliss

sota

Sota,

Great looking flowers man! I'm tripping on the psychedelic colors alone. You're doing a great job bringing it towards maturity. I hope you are making at least a few seeds and have saved a cutting for backup.

Looking forward to your next update,

ThaiBliss
Hi ThaiBliss,
thank´s....... i had 2 or 3 pollen on the sumatra, i was happy about this.
Now my amnesia is pregnant:)
The amnesia has beautiful colors and also an excellent high, but it goes a little to indica.
With the sumatra father it can "output" a great F1 generation.
Will show you the amnesia - next time.
greetings

ahortator

Veteran
Hello everybody

Sota it would be a great loss that you cannot preserve that wonderful Sumatran 100% pure.

You could keep clones of your female plant and try to get a male (or more and more females) from your ice age frozen seeds.

If it is not possible you can keep a clone alive of that female cross she with a male and you can backcross it many times (10 or 20)with your clone and you will get a 99.999% Sumatran Tripping Weed strain with fresh seeds.

It is what I must do with my GN Thai Stick because the lack of males.

It is very strange. From seven plants each plant had a different phenotype. Three had broad leaflets leaves that resemble a pure indica while two had narrow leaflets but not very big leaves (one was very fast flowering for a Thai and the other had some powdery mildew). Another plant was something intermediate. But the last one was a real beast with extremely sativa appearance, real huge leaves coarsely serrated but very thin leaflets.

Due to bloody nasty neighbours I keep only a few branches from the latter.

Greetings.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran

She IS gorgeous! The seeds were in the freezer since 1981?
When did you pop them?
That Mango Thai has me droolin all over myself. Nice work numide. She looks like she would love to be topped 100x's.