What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

exoticrobotic

But Thais are keen gardeners and love to seed swap, there will be interesting strains appearing before too long.
LIke Bangkok Night Nurse and Tomyum? :LOL:

I hope with their history with the plant, there are some old timers keeping the most amazing strains alive.

Not crossing everything with the latest bigbud o_O

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The highland Thai had a much broader leaf to that of the Lowland Thai sativa even the frame of the plant is different.

A lot of the Older Farmers that grew and supplied the brokers that then supplied the smugglers are still alive and were interviewed in a video recently. One village alone sold i think it was up to 1000 pound a month in the 70s.

Many of them are still around and i posted this video so you should hear it from some of the farmers that did it.

xet

Angus from TRSC from this post: https://www.icmag.com/threads/highland-thai-rsc.348110/post-12098435
in reality, the most famous classic Thai varieties are Lao anyway

the most renowned growing regions in Isan where Thai stick came from are all along the Mekong River, where it makes the border between Thailand and Laos

on the Thai side, in Isan, it's ethnically Lao

so all along the river from Vientiane to That Phanom and even down to Savannakhet - all that region is Lao speaking

Stocktont

Veteran

and

Highland.png

troutman

Seed Whore
A lot of the Older Farmers that grew and supplied the brokers that then supplied the smugglers are still alive and were interviewed in a video recently. One village alone sold i think it was up to 1000 pound a month in the 70s.

Many of them are still around and i posted this video so you should hear it from some of the farmers that did it.

Until a boat load of Thai sticks shows up I still think the people involved are long gone.

funkyhorse

hello,
well
means only that it is not made for fibre production..
good indicator that it is unchanged and not crossed with fibre hemp...
there are lot's more info's about in the www ...
but most important ... no fibre hemp ... ;-)
Pachamama haze looks good !
great to see your progress with the haze...
and thx for posting...
M.:smoker:
MadMac told me hollow stems means it is not made for fiber
Angus is saying hollow stems are for fiber production
My best weed has hollow stems. If it is good for fiber I dont know
Could you guys please clear this up
I dont know shit, I am not biased

Hollow stems are for fiber/hemp or for high?

StocktonT is right. Thaksin time was terrible for ganja lovers. It was a very risky time, you had to be supercareful.

Thighland

I've been here a while and can speak fine, but never studied so can't read. My ex is from isaan, near the Mekong. When she was young she said it was common to see ganja plants, that would be 30 years ago.

They locals have been growing low key for the past few years. I'd talked with the family about finding seeds etc., similarly they suggested old timers. They said they'd ask around, but nothing ever came of it.

Growing wasn't a big deal for them, they enjoyed it and the plant has a traditional place in the garden along with the chillies and lemon grass. They'd figured out pot likes sun and sandy soil. There was no traditional knowledge, it must of been scared out of them. Their seeds were riddled with herms.

Understanding Isaan is fine, but I can't speak. It's commonly spoken on Bkk streets and building sites throughout the country, almost like a working class dialect. I spent three years in the north and am ok with their dialect, but the southern one is just too fast.

Stocktont

Veteran
I've been here a while and can speak fine, but never studied so can't read. My ex is from isaan, near the Mekong. When she was young she said it was common to see ganja plants, that would be 30 years ago.

They locals have been growing low key for the past few years. I'd talked with the family about finding seeds etc., similarly they suggested old timers. They said they'd ask around, but nothing ever came of it.

Growing wasn't a big deal for them, they enjoyed it and the plant has a traditional place in the garden along with the chillies and lemon grass. They'd figured out pot likes sun and sandy soil. There was no traditional knowledge, it must of been scared out of them. Their seeds were riddled with herms.

Understanding Isaan is fine, but I can't speak. It's commonly spoken on Bkk streets and building sites throughout the country, almost like a working class dialect. I spent three years in the north and am ok with their dialect, but the southern one is just too fast.

I don’t speak Isaan/Lao at all but I know a lot of people from Isaan that came south to work. I know what you mean with it being a working class dialect as well as burmese is in the south as there’s a lot of burmese and even Lao nationals working and living in south Thailand. I know a lot of people with this background and the dialect of the south is much different to the point I asked my wife (south thai) if she can speak lao she said she might understand it but she can’t answer correctly.

I also know what you mean with the growing during the prohibition times, it was dismal at most places and I have also seen now legal gardens with permits and 20 huge plants, 7 of them with a branch of male flowers the rest female…

I speak southern thai, yes it’s fast as they cut off the words and then mix some, it’s fun when you know it a bit, they’re lovely people in the south too, I get a long with time just fine and I have a good thai sense of humor which is key. In my little village outside a little city outside a larger city in the outskirts of a southern province, I am a landmark, hehe, the postal service once called my wife and the new guy couldn’t make out where the address was but then all of a sudden my wife laughed and hung up the phone. I asked what happened and she said he didn’t know where the house was but then after talking for five minutes and she tried to explain he suddenly asked ”oh the house where there’s a white guy smoking and drinking beer in the front” and she laughed and said ”chai ka” and he was there delivering the package within 3 minutes smiling at me as I was finishing off a joint in the front yard.

bow ben yang doc hey hahaha

Stocktont

Veteran
MadMac told me hollow stems means it is not made for fiber
Angus is saying hollow stems are for fiber production
My best weed has hollow stems. If it is good for fiber I dont know
Could you guys please clear this up
I dont know shit, I am not biased

Hollow stems are for fiber/hemp or for high?

StocktonT is right. Thaksin time was terrible for ganja lovers. It was a very risky time, you had to be supercareful.

It was sketchy after both the 2007 coup and the 2014 one all the way up to legalization to be honest.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Until a boat load of Thai sticks shows up I still think the people involved are long gone.
Your not going to see ship loads of Thai sticks smuggled out of Thailand ever again but what you mite see in the future is legal exports of Thai sticks to legal destinations.

As for the the Farmers that grew what many of us smoked in the 70s a few were intervened in a documentary recently and very much still alive.

Thighland

I don’t speak Isaan/Lao at all but I know a lot of people from Isaan that came south to work. I know what you mean with it being a working class dialect as well as burmese is in the south as there’s a lot of burmese and even Lao nationals working and living in south Thailand. I know a lot of people with this background and the dialect of the south is much different to the point I asked my wife (south thai) if she can speak lao she said she might understand it but she can’t answer correctly.

I also know what you mean with the growing during the prohibition times, it was dismal at most places and I have also seen now legal gardens with permits and 20 huge plants, 7 of them with a branch of male flowers the rest female…

I speak southern thai, yes it’s fast as they cut off the words and then mix some, it’s fun when you know it a bit, they’re lovely people in the south too, I get a long with time just fine and I have a good thai sense of humor which is key. In my little village outside a little city outside a larger city in the outskirts of a southern province, I am a landmark, hehe, the postal service once called my wife and the new guy couldn’t make out where the address was but then all of a sudden my wife laughed and hung up the phone. I asked what happened and she said he didn’t know where the house was but then after talking for five minutes and she tried to explain he suddenly asked ”oh the house where there’s a white guy smoking and drinking beer in the front” and she laughed and said ”chai ka” and he was there delivering the package within 3 minutes smiling at me as I was finishing off a joint in the front yard.

bow ben yang doc hey hahaha
Thailand is were I live and work, it has its ups and downs, but I could never live back in the West, they have so much but take life so seriously and avoid fun. It's weird.

xet

Nakhon Phanom province, Thailand is the region he mentions which shares the Mekong river with Laos

Fairly occam's razor to interpret the man as not meaning herb only grown west of the river but rather Nakhon Phanom province as the epicenter of the best farms in all of Thailand and Laos.

Latest posts

Latest posts