What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

GreenAndFast

Anyone ran these from clone? What was your minimum veg time ? Did you flower from seed?
I was under the impression to veg for 8 weeks and flower 26 weeks @ 11/13 = 8+ months
Yeah I've run from seed and clone. Seed plant was 8/9/10 months not sure. But I cut a clone down today, not exactly sure on times as I don't really pay attention to that but also put another two cuttings into flower yesterday so I will let you know 🤜

TheDarkStorm

sounds like you have dark one ,
how about telling us what you know rather than doing guessing games old chap ....
Just a ask Donald.... Two different sources I know from over there are claiming (think its called) hang karok (or similar name) x skunk#1.8 coming from thai government sources... The labelling seems to be clear though im not sure were the 1.8 would be coming from...it could be just stories the guys are making up to legitimize their own hybrid attempts...but the guys I know dont know each other so them both coming up with the same thin at a similar time was quite strange..I was just more so concerned with the direction they may be taking over there which is why I asked if others may have heard of anything ?....see if you can find out from any of your sources over there Donald.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hang Karok is a pure Thai sativa Dark.

Department of Agriculture. Mananya said more Thai strains would be made available soon, including the Hang Karok (Squirrel Tail), Hang Sua (Tiger Tail), Tanaosri, and Phuphan.

TheDarkStorm

Hang Karok is a pure Thai sativa Dark.

Department of Agriculture. Mananya said more Thai strains would be made available soon, including the Hang Karok (Squirrel Tail), Hang Sua (Tiger Tail), Tanaosri, and Phuphan.

Hello hempy...I was wondering were you are hope your well.
Yes the hang karok is a pure landrace....but these guys are saying there now able to get it hybridized to that 1.8 with tags like black thai (an im sure they were using another tag too but I cant remember)...an they were saying its coming like that from the government...although labled as a hybrid...

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

My concern was if true....yes they will obviously want to improve on what they have...but they have quite a big genetic gene pool over ther to work with within those genetics...maybe refine what they have or hybridiz within what they have....it becomes a slippery slope especially if they are injecting into there gene pool western hybrids especially if and were the government may be involved and backing it...
And then the 1.8 I dont think is openly available so much (I could be wrong on that)...so with that specific type over there I was wondering how are the government guys even getting it....
The whole thing It was a little concerning....so I was thinking to ask and see if others have maybe herd anything...

TheDarkStorm

A lot of the lines coming out of the Universality were developed by them and are not land races/ heirloom variety's. You had local canna industry start ups have complete grows fail.
Thanks for the info hempy...guess im behind the times some....il look into it a little more....guess I was hoping it would be somewhat different there...but I suppose thats unrealistic....
I will message you in a bit to see what you been up to

Oh before I go walkabout and because its inline with the thread....you tried any new (to you) thai lines recently ?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
If you walk into one of the Dispensaries over there the range of cannabis on sale would be no different to what you would find in Cali. You have cookies and all the latest hyped lines for sale.

These lines would grow fine in a environment controlled grow spaces but not out doors.

I know industry wants fast crops and tourist want their Gelato or cookie lines but hopefully the smarter growers see the potential of what made Thai weed so sought after for many decades and focus on those also.

TheDarkStorm

Got afew on the go around these ends...northern highland thai x southern lowland thai...red thai x shan state burmese/thai.....heirloom thai (Buddha tai)...I will grab some pics in about a week....some of the seeds were old so its been a very slow and long delicate start....

Donald did the guy your way get round to the thais you were on about...the squirrel tail, chocolate ect ?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
If you walk into one of the Dispensaries over there the range of cannabis on sale would be no different to what you would find in Cali. You have cookies and all the latest hyped lines for sale.

These lines would grow fine in a environment controlled grow spaces but not out doors.

I know industry wants fast crops and tourist want their Gelato or cookie lines but hopefully the smarter growers see the potential of what made Thai weed so sought after for many decades and focus on those also.
why wont they grow outdoors ??
i also think they should capitalize on what made thailand famous for weed too ,
gonna cake some selection etc before they can get a similar product in large amounts like they were doing eons ago ,
plus they are stuck with seasons ,, currently its still raining there ,, it usually dries up into october ..

my assumption is a lot of what is on the market is grown indoor so far , but they can do better growing outdoor there with the amazing climate ,,
if they could grow outdoor , organic , be a great selling point , and folks will appreciate the high being of a higher quality , in time i guess ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
darkie , i have no idea of what the government are doing ,
only private citizens really ,
the only releases ive heard about was the med grade hemp plants they were sharing around .

Thighland

It seems young, Thais from wealthy families are involved in the dispensaries and growing. Lots of hype and talk of Top Shelf, Master Growers, Budtenders etc. They are wannabe Americans and believe wholeheartedly that good weed must be grown indoors from imported genetics. The Top Shelf here is claimed to be imported from the US, it smells and looks great but isn't very strong.

Regarding strains, I saw two seedlings on the side of the road, chatting with the grower he said they were Squirrel Tale, but the next I spoke to him he couldn't remember the strain. Same from a breeder, told me it was a landrace, but a month later it was a hydrid.

There's an incredible amount of hype and everyone's an expert. If I was growing to sell here I'd do something old School, organic and outdoor, because once the smoke clears there will be a demand.

Anyone who's spent time in Thailand knows accuracy and details are not a priority, but having fun is. For sure there will be good strains appearing, they just may go under different names depending on the day. A seller today is claiming to have the original Thai stick, but without the opium dipping...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
If i was looking for genetics in Thailand the ones i would be asking would be the older farmers.

I would also be telling them just how important those genetics are and how they need to be protected from greedy big Canna.

Andy (rip) told me there was still good old school Thai genetics around but most of the commercial lots being sold did not represent that.

Thais have a long history with cannabis and i dont think an important plant like cannabis would be allowed to just vanish.

Growing tight chunky flowering lines in hot humid environments normally equals failure.