What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

funkyhorse

The thai farmer said it off camera so it could be misunderstood by the filmmaker
1 ton a month for 100-300 baht per kilo just from his area makes 12 ton a year. How many harvests per year? Farmers were selling cured weed back then? Because that would be the only way to provide a steady flow of ganja monthly
How much was the total country production?
This sir said he was a teenager when he saw all this stuff
I was told your teenager memories are worth shit and all senile people suffer from altzheimer.
The younger generation will say he cant remember shit, he just wants a bottle of SangSom whiskey and tells you any story you want for it

For comparison, in Paraguay you have similar prices for weed today in 2022 than in Thailand 70s
Paraguay is number one grower of weed in South America and probably in the world today
3 yearly harvest for a total of 16.500 ton a year. Todays quality is garbage though.

There is no extra premium in the canna world for quality. Top notch landrace weed sells at the same price as rudelaris weed or Marihuana Macdonalds ready in 45 days. It sells for the same price if it is cured or uncured, if it was grown to perfection or cut well before maturity

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yes im sure it was a substantial amount given what some of the smugglers from back then were saying ,
but this was all from the provinces surrounding nakon sakhon, udonthani etc ...
it does amount to a massive area of land though , easily able to produce thousands apon thousands of kilos ,, tonnes and tonnes ,

it was not as some think the whole of thailand growing cannabis ,
the bulk of the export pot and thai stick weed was grown in the Isaan provinces in the north east along the mekong and bordering laos
this has been documented ...

Taima-da

The thai farmer said it off camera so it could be misunderstood by the filmmaker
1 ton a month for 100-300 baht per kilo just from his area makes 12 ton a year. How many harvests per year? Farmers were selling cured weed back then? Because that would be the only way to provide a steady flow of ganja monthly
How much was the total country production?
This sir said he was a teenager when he saw all this stuff
I was told your teenager memories are worth shit and all senile people suffer from altzheimer.
The younger generation will say he cant remember shit, he just wants a bottle of SangSom whiskey and tells you any story you want for it

For comparison, in Paraguay you have similar prices for weed today in 2022 than in Thailand 70s
Paraguay is number one grower of weed in South America and probably in the world today
3 yearly harvest for a total of 16.500 ton a year. Todays quality is garbage though.

There is no extra premium in the canna world for quality. Top notch landrace weed sells at the same price as rudelaris weed or Marihuana Macdonalds ready in 45 days. It sells for the same price if it is cured or uncured, if it was grown to perfection or cut well before maturity
Legality, or at least level of enforcement probably makes a big difference in the long run, especially insofar as developing a sophisticated market.

Genghis Kush.

In biology, epigenetics is the study of heritable phenotypechanges that do not involve alterations in the DNA sequence.[1] The Greek prefix epi- (ἐπι- "over, outside of, around") in epigenetics implies features that are "on top of" or "in addition to" the traditional genetic basis for inheritance.[2] Epigenetics most often involves changes that affect gene activity and expression, but the term can also be used to describe any heritable phenotypic change. Such effects on cellular and physiological phenotypic traits may result from external or environmental factors, or be part of normal development.

Taima-da

I would also posit that some genotypes show greater expressive variability due to environmental factors. ( by extension possibly affecting heretible traits)

Here winter zamaldelica reliably expresses quite differently to the same (f2) seeds grown as a summer crop. And phenotype ratios are consistently effected. As an example winter (zam f2) crops generally seem to produce broader juvenile leaflets and less dense flower formation.

Green haze X Malawi seems markedly less prone to this.

Perhaps level of inbreeding effects this. Poly hybrids have more phenotypic expression anyway.

romanoweed

my vietblacks expressed pretty different .
I had two Growspots, sunshine and temps were similar.
One spot they grew in a Reef getting fludded by Water, and showed that Glued resin.
The other spot was rather leaning thowards dry, they looked, well, more dry, the leaves dint look as pretty.

Imagine only leaves looking a bit fucked, and plant will probably get culled.

Im no professional in growing tho.. the Vietblacks liked excess amounts water more than drought. Well, in Vietnam Hills it rains quiet a bit, and Fog..

romanoweed

i had times the whole rootstock was nearly compleetly underwater, funnily i honestly thought it didnt hurt em too much, BUT the critical Point is that the Reed had a certain flow i guess.. so therefore the water was exchanged. Im telling you i was expecting them to die, but i dint see a change during this floodperiod, they liked it

romanoweed

See, they were like this for 1, 2 Months. I made Photo after two three weeks like that, most Part of the Bags below Water..
Males looked strange, but females didnt show change .. The normal Leaveyellowing as is normal, but no rotting , or falling down. I was blown away

abbi.jpg

Last edited: