Pure Thai Sativas

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
IMG_20211223_103128.jpg
IMG_20211223_103128.jpg
IMG_20211107_144711.jpg
IMG_20211107_143914.jpg

Few pics from last season, you can see the difference between two sisters...

romanoweed

@flower-power .

what you say may be generalized.

1: cannabis is changing very fast. if you reproduce in a growroom it A: adapts and B: gets inbreeding depressed. It looses what it was
2: there are many Peoples that dont even know that there is something as good as Landrace. So, all they know is that cannbis fucks them up.
3: there is a high amount of "Fake" Landrace, wich has either hiden Indica in it, or is just a modern collected Strain, grown and BREED by Dealers!! wich wasnt the case in the 70s. In the 70s it was grown by Indigen, and Farmers with love, today i dont know, but suspet its open pollinated ditch weed

In one go:

Cannabis is too fragile to stay the same, and Hybridlovers can just outcross their depressed Strains, Landracelovers cant. Its not a Cascrop, its not a save crop, its not a one fits-all solution (different brainchemistry) . So thats why sentecens like yours are highly uncompleete.

Please try to not further take potential Conaisseurs from the few Thailovers remaining, wich is what you probably promote

romanoweed

The Thaistick-Book Author wrote regarding how Thai Folks made their Seeds:

quote:

I made some inquiries and I also remembered what my Thai colleagues told me many years ago. Yes, the Thais did separate out a few male plants and used them to pollinate the females. They would collect the male pollen and dust the female lightly. The unwanted males were pulled out and discarded. I'm not sure if they had a special garden for seed production.or if they just pollinated the seed plants in the same field where they grew the main crop.

I'm still asking and I will inform you if I get more information. quote

Taima-da

Purity was never a thing, that is our misunderstanding. Botanic gene flow predates human agriculture.
Ever changing populations were selected from for desirable traits.
Nothing outdoor happens in complete isolation, some years ago it was in the news that a mysterious cloud could be detected from Morocco to Sweden, investigation revealed that the dust was mainly composed of cannabis pollen due to a very productive year in North Africa.

Selection toward low cbd high THC tropical ganja was done in the past and as long as selective markers are understood it can happen into the future, though I imagine such selection becomes harder against the pressure of inflowing "non desirable" traits when local populations contain greater proportion of those genes- ie. swamping.

Breeders have always bred toward a desired outcome, and over generations the constellation of markers of certain traits becomes recognisable to the breeder. Thus selection moves toward the traits appropriate to the use of the product in the culture in which it has been bred.

On top of this, as mentioned by others, the environment acts as a further selective pressure, so autos will never do as well in the tropics over time as a plant that has appropriate vegetative time thereby generating a larger floral mass and crop of seeds, swamping out the auto traits.

That's why many of the "modern strains" head toward similarities, they're bred for heavy visible resin content, short stature, short flowering times and "knockout" hit or "strength", in similar indoor environments without specific conditions that occur when growing outdoor.

Taima-da

Rare alleles mainly found in only a few South African strains also show up in Nigeria and Colombia.
We move the stuff we like (at the time) around.
I'd argue that with desirable traits in cannabis, we always did.

Strains are only "pure" when we remove them from their environment and try to keep them perpetually the same. Artificial and a recipe for inbreeding.

Last edited:

romanoweed

Purity was never a thing, that is our misunderstanding
then heck, bring a source that prooves this. Tell me wich book unmissunderstandable tells us that Landraces are hybridised and to wich degree.

A college posted a link about the "overlooked" amount of adaptation that happens in any Landrace if its grown long enough at a new place.

IMHO, you place a Stamp on every Landrace, "Beeing Hybrediszed". No clearification on the Amount, so i guess its just all slunk .. thats what it implies..

Cause I never said Landraces are pure, BUT i say, that some good well respected Landraces MIGHT be pure, and that ive never ever seen a clear number or anything how much Habridisation happend where.. All i see is that some Afican and Middleamerican per example shows SOME relation to the whole Middle Eastern, Indian "Trading Route".. (i say some African, cause its obviosly a very unprecise Graph from Robert Clarke. Atleast that i recall..) . So, all we know that SOME Samples of African and middleamerican have SOME NKNOWN , probaly unlimited small similarity to Afghani. So, yeah, HYBREDISZED.. lol Even more lol is that Thai, the hallucinogenic Weed, yes, hallucinogenic, is one with the least such Indications.. Probably you still fint a small amount of this and that, but.. Good lesson to learn .. And any my Conclusions are that Landraces are rather unhybredized.. The less hybredized (Congo, very secluded area, less trading Routes) the better and more Grondbreaking the Weed.
Same true with Vietnam Thailand

The more Tribes ( Congolese Pygmies, Vietnamese Hmong) the better and Groundbreaking the Weed. lol
And a Tribe usually dont change their Tradition like everyday.. The opposite is true.. The black Hmong in vietnam were epelled and looked down to .. They didnt have much contact to anyone outside their Group, thats atleast to assume, i would have to read thousand books,

but hey, i see PATTERNS, and it took me long, and im super open for Knowledge, but not such .. well youre picking up wordings from Robert Clarke? but you dont estimate the Degree of hybridisation.. Thats something i am openminded enough, to question that.. Im pretty shure, your just hear theis Hybridness analysis, the word Hybridisation, and just accept it.. Hybredized.

But would they dont the opposite, and Inbreeding analysis, you would have acceptet the word inbreeding.. And just accepted, that everything is inbreed..

However i checked.. And i come to a slight pointer thowards isolation and Seclusion.. There the best and legendary grew.. There might be exeptions, but most i find, leads me into this direction.. Congos asense of trading routes was the most clear indication.. I DONT KNOW, AND I DONT CLAIM ANYTHING, but those are my tirelss results, the hints i found.
Open for discussion, and justified.. Hnest and in peace. all good. but try to counter that.. try find me a study that sugesst per example Congolese or Vietnamese, the most groundbreking herbs were heavily habredized.. im open