What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

sota

thai sticks and indonesia weed

thai sticks and indonesia weed

i was in 1981 almost 4 months traveling in South East Asia.
The thai sticks were wonderful.
But the absolute topweed existed in Indonesia, in Sumatra.
In tuktuk I got a little of the legendary tripping grass, much appreciated by the hippies.
With seeds that were very small oval and bright
The effect was really overwhelming.
Much stronger than thai grass and very especially, very trippy.
We really had the feeling to reality at times completely lost, it was like being on another planet :)
The leaves of the plants were dark green and not so thin as thai grass.
The flowering time was significantly shorter, but there were certainly pure sativa.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Great info sota! It's a shame that most of this stuff is completely gone nowadays, maybe some old Indonesian farmers from isolated areas still preserve some strains for their personal use... :)

Peace.

sota

mustafank, I agree with you fully.
I have kept some of the seeds in the freezer.
* the result of 32 years of deep sleep you can admire on the photo :)

Attachments

• sumatra.jpg
    sumatra.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 65

ThaiBliss

Veteran
mustafank, I agree with you fully.
I have kept some of the seeds in the freezer.
* the result of 32 years of deep sleep you can admire on the photo :)

Looking very healthy. If it turns out anything like you remember, you should make seeds and spread them around the world. How can I help?
:biggrin:

I agree that you should start your own thread on this grow. If not, feel free to post pictures and updates on my thread. The link is below in my signature. My whole focus of my purchases and grows are to try and find the most trippy weed I can get. In my experience, the strains I have had like that are Thai, Sumatran, and a rare Haze I came across. My most recent sprouts are Zamaldelica. My hopes are high!

All the Best in Your Endeavor,

ThaiBliss

sota

hi thule and thaibliss
Thank you for your suggestion.
Sorry my english is a horror.
But google translate makes everything possible.
I think I can not open thread.
I will send photos of my micro grow.
At the start there are 3 absolute top grades that will please you.
The comparison is certainly exciting.
1 Sumatra 1981 lake toba
2 amnesia haze soma cut
3 deep chunk core cut

All under LED 63watt
Pot size yoghurt cup :) all in coco.

Attachments

• deep chunk core cut.jpg
    deep chunk core cut.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 59
  • sumatra.jpg
    sumatra.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 52
  • amnesia haze.jpg
    amnesia haze.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 59

ahortator

Veteran
Hi Sota

Do you have enough Sumatran plants to make seeds and preserve them?

I have a strain called Sumatra Tuk-Tuk directly from there, but almost all plants are intersexed and no males.

I your plant become a male, please make several clones and preserve them alive in vegetative stage. We can cross our plants and work on them to eliminate the intersexed trait later.

Greetings.

sota

ahorator - unfortunately I have very few original seeds.
2 years ago I had a strong male.
i make seed with sensi seeds - skunk1 and sensi star.
not many seeds, because I make only micro grows.
Your plants seem to be different.
I always had many female and some male.
Hermaphrodite no.
very strong and healthy.
abaut 15 years ago, i take one in a greenhouse, in end of oktober it was higher than 3meter, with a fat stem, and many buds but not much crystals on it.
Can you see the same growing pattern on the leaves?
and is the effect of your plants strong and trippy?

greetings

ahortator

Veteran
Hi Sota

It's a pity that you must cross your strain to make seeds. But sometimes is the only thing you can do.

I think that my Sumatran is very strong and trippy but I am not a heavy smoker so I have low tolerance.

Anyway I can only grow outdoors but without direct sun light, so I think that they could be far trippier and stronger.

My plants are extremely sativa like in appearance. Very thin leaflets, very long flowering,... Almost without resin but strongly psychoactive. When ripe they smell like carrots.

I had a problem at home when I grew them the first time so I was forced to give them to a friend. They were about 13 plants, all seedless females and only one hermie with seeds. That is the reason because my strain is hermie.

They can grow very fast but as I grow in pots and not in the best conditions I cannot say how tall they could grow.

I am trying to grow a few in guerrilla but it is not very successfully.

I think we can talk about them better in the Aceh thread.

I am currently growing GN Thai Stick. I have read they come from farmers in Southern Nong Khai province.

Only 7 seeds sprouted, but they look healthy and strong. I hope that there will be some males and females to make seeds.

Best regards.

Ahortator,

The southern province of the GN Thai Stick line is a good alternative to genetics closely related in proximity to Sumatra Indonesia. I was in Bali Indonesia in 98 but they only had poor weed and really good magic mushrooms. A Camdodian line would be another good choice and close proximity to the Sumatra island. It sucks that Indonesia is so hard on cannabis with its laws.

You might want to consider a hormone strain on the non intersex plants to preserve the line. You could pollinate the other plants of Sumatra with the treated branch to get some better seed stock then straight selfing and not using intersex plants.

sota

hi ahortator
thanks for the description of your plants.
our plants differ seem to be different.
Maybe it is the time distance.
But I will post photos regularly.
Then we can discuss the apparent differences.
Best regards.

ahortator

Veteran
Hi everybody

Among the 7 GN Thai Stick I have, there are quite different phenotypes. One plant could be very interesting at least by its appearance. I hope to find a male. I am crossing my fingers.

Hi, Mota de Dios it's a pity that you had not found good ganja in Bali at the end of a so long travel. Perhaps touristic spots wouldn't be the better places to find good weed.

I am not very fond with STS. But your advice could be the best way to avoid hermies. Thank you.

I think that harsh laws about ganja in Indonesia could have preserved many strains from things like the Strain Raiders. On the other hand it is very sad, many people have suffered and many more will suffer and many strains have disappeared because that stupid laws.

Hi Sota

Thanks to you. Perhaps the difference could be due to the introduction from other seeds, or they are different strains from different farmers. I don't know.

Best regards.

sota

hi
an update
Comparison: Amnesia, deep chunk, sumatra landrace.
Flowering time 10 days

Attachments

• Amnesia haze.jpg
    Amnesia haze.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Deep chunk.jpg
    Deep chunk.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 55
  • sumatra.jpg
    sumatra.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 53

ThaiBliss

Veteran
hi
an update
Comparison: Amnesia, deep chunk, sumatra landrace.
Flowering time 10 days

Hello Sota,

Thanks for the updates. I would like to make a request. Would you please take and post pictures of some mature fan leaves, other parts of the plant, and a wider angle shot. I'd like to have a better sense of the morphology of the Sumatran plant. I have smoked Sumatran only once in my life, but it was so good, the bud and the leaf that was stuck to the bud is burned into my memory. I'd like to see if your images match what I remember.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

sota

Hello Sota,

.... please take and post pictures of some mature fan leaves, other parts of the plant, and a wider angle shot. I'd like to have a better sense of the morphology of the Sumatran plant. I have smoked Sumatran only once in my life, but it was so good, the bud and the leaf that was stuck to the bud is burned into my memory. I'd like to see if your images match what I remember.

ThaiBliss

Hi Thaibliss,
I'm sorry I only have a micro grow.
But the leaf structure is clearly visible.
Hope you can recognize some of the growth pattern.

greetings
sota

Attachments

• sumatra.jpg
    sumatra.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 64

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi Thaibliss,
I'm sorry I only have a micro grow.
But the leaf structure is clearly visible.
Hope you can recognize some of the growth pattern.

greetings
sota

Thanks Sota! Great shot.

:tiphat:

The one I remember had bigger jagged serrations like Thai, but rounded off slightly (blunted) at the tips of each serration. They were fatter than Thai, like yours.

I'm growing a Zamal cross at the moment. It looks within the realm of possibility that Sumatran and Zamal are related somewhat. I have not smoked Zamal or a Zamal cross yet, but descriptions of the effects are similar to Sumatran. I'd suggest looking at Zamal if anyone is missing a breeding mate for limited Sumatran genes. I'm generally against crossing plants that have different highs, only because it seems that everybody and their brothers do this. I'm all for crossing plants with similar highs to accentuate the type of high while improving vigor.

My two cents,

ThaiBliss

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Great growing skills Sota... working with such wild strains in small spaces is always a challenge. I will check those beauties to see how they end. I have a philippines strain this year at the garden.

Vibes.