What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Confiscated bales of Thai stick 1978

1681126889562.png

Herbert Chickybaby

Yeah I saw that Green House video a few days ago on Youtube, yeah, kind of makes a guy's skin crawl. Boy, is that how Thailand will finally go down fully and completely to the globalist slave system that encoraches all sundry everywhere with each passing day, by turning in to a giant cannbis farm under a Bucky ball dome? Who woulda thunk? Tho' I've been in Thailand for the last 25 years and I would expect nothing less than for Thais to jump at flashy new imported cannabis strains and other exotica (exotic for them of course) and forget their heritage, at least for a good long while anyway, till maybe its a bit too late as we're always saying over here, it doesn't help to close the barn door days after your prize horses have bolted. Its that way with music, historical buildings, traditional arts, traditional medicine, spirituality etc. They really don't like anything thats old or traditional here, or the vast majority don't anyway, until they suddenly think they should do cause someone else does.

That said, I think there are more concrete threats to the national pot party, than say the likes of the arrival of their blond dreadlocked eminences the Muftis of Amsterdamabad, actual threats like Pheua Thai winning a majority in the elections, which for those who are unfamiliar is the twice military coup ousted Thaksin Shinawatra's party and he himself seems to be set to roll back in with impuniy most likely from his London or Montenegrin or perhaps Dubai or Hong Kong exile before too long, not sure and don;t care to be honest where he went with his pilfered billions, but his very popular party were quite the puritanical firebrand bunch and already one of their main clowns, the massage brothel mogul Chuwit is holding anti-ganja rallies. They may well be starting where they left off when they were run out of town last time. I don't actually think they'll succeed at completely reversing legalization, but they will no doubt not be too happy with whats happened in their 10 year absences with all of this cannabis exploding all over the country and the lords of Green House Seeds should be wary, Thaksin's own telecommunications company came about when he as national police chief used his position to confiscate the entirety of an American owned telecom startup. I would not be too terribly surprised if he does a repeat and just snatches up Green Seeds' operations and a few others amidst cloudbursts and bluster along the lines of, this weed belongs to Thailand! Unless they are serious international bangsters or other heavy hitters which they may well be or unless they are willng to pay some much heftier fees in their brown envelopes.

Still I think theres lots of scope for traditional Thai weeds existing into the future. As we all well know, so many westerners and other foreigners here and abroad are interested in authentic SE Asian sativas and wanting some other options from what legal weed and dispensery weed has been dropping on us for a while now. The way I see it, some people like bubble gum pop and some people like 3 hour acid rock grooves or noise jazz freak outs others like folk music others like classical western or Hindustani music, cannabises are the same, there are many niches and styles that seem promising. Many tourists come here wanting something authentically Thai and that goes for what they smoke here, that interest would in turn help locals to appreciate anew their own wide and incredbly varying local cannbises and cultures. They may be impacted and fade for awhile but I don't think Thai-stic or what have you is going to be replace by glue-stic or Green House or Dutch Queen, so eventually I think there will be some loosening of the kind of stranglehold we are seeing here lately with imported weed and locally grown imported weed strains.

Thais are very nationalistic as well and I think real Thai weed may have more appeal to them in the future, not to mention a lot of people cannot afford to buy or grow even tent grown weed especially with all the chemicals you're encouraged to buy to do your own grows. There is the added cost here of having to air condition your grow room and dehumidify it not to mention your curing process. Growing western strains unless they can cope with the heat and humidity is an incrdibly frivolous proposition here unless i suppose you can make it cost effective as Green House seeds probably have and grow on a titanic scale.

And I might remind you too, if you think Thai sticks are all washed up, as you all mostly well know too, theres good seed banks doing a good job of making lots of old classic Thai and SE Asian strains available to any one with interest like Real Seeds and Zomia and I'm sure there are others. So, for myself, I am not worried, I'm pretty sure i will be able to continue to enjoy old school Thai and SE Asian and even Latin American sativa weeds which I am interested in.

I saw that one online vendor here geared towards expats and tourists is now offering Lao Gold brick at 4 oz's for about 100 dollars and an unpsecified Cambodian variety for about 125 dollars for 4 ozs. A post I saw in a thread called Thai Stick or something similar on a popular local web forum ASEAN NOW, in their cannbis discussion section, showed some pics of Thai stick fresh off the bean stalk alledegedly from Sakhon Nakorn that the guy very recently got for 50 cents a gram if I recall correctly. Sakorn Nakorn is very back woods, so they may be slower to come under the bootheel of the Dutch plantation owners, before we're all turned to red and white striped pajama wearing pickninnies and bare foot tap dances and whooppins for bein bad bud tenders and bud cotton ball pickers but I think also too Thai people's conservatism particularly way out here over yonder, you'll have plenty of local stick in the mud stoner farmers who ain't gonna go for no fancy pants frou frou bud even if they can get their hands on somethin they can grow outside next to the pig sty without too much of a worry it just won't taste that good with the local throat and sinus blistering lao khao 80 percent.

Last edited:

Airloom

Veteran
Yeah I saw that Green House video a few days ago on Youtube, yeah, kind of makes a guy's skin crawl. Boy, is that how Thailand will finally go down fully and completely to the globalist slave system that encoraches all sundry everywhere with each passing day, by turning in to a giant cannbis farm under a Bucky ball dome? Who woulda thunk? Tho' I've been in Thailand for the last 25 years and I would expect nothing less than for Thais to jump at flashy new imported cannabis strains and other exotica (exotic for them of course) and forget their heritage, at least for a good long while anyway, till maybe its a bit too late as we're always saying over here, it doesn't help to close the barn door days after your prize horses have bolted. Its that way with music, historical buildings, traditional arts, traditional medicine, spirituality etc. They really don't like anything thats old or traditional here, or the vast majority don't anyway, until they suddenly think they should do cause someone else does.

That said, I think there are more concrete threats to the national pot party, than say the likes of the arrival of their blond dreadlocked eminences the Muftis of Amsterdamabad, actual threats like Pheua Thai winning a majority in the elections, which for those who are unfamiliar is the twice military coup ousted Thaksin Shinawatra's party and he himself seems to be set to roll back in with impuniy most likely from his London or Montenegrin or perhaps Dubai or Hong Kong exile before too long, not sure and don;t care to be honest where he went with his pilfered billions, but his very popular party were quite the puritanical firebrand bunch and already one of their main clowns, the massage brothel mogul Chuwit is holding anti-ganja rallies. They may well be starting where they left off when they were run out of town last time. I don't actually think they'll succeed at completely reversing legalization, but they will no doubt not be whats happened in their 10 year absences with all of this cannabis exploding all over the country and the lords of Green House Seeds should be wary, Thaksin's own telecommunications company came about when he as national police chief used his position to confiscate the entirety of an American owned telecom startup. I would not be too terribly surprised if he does a repeat and just snatches up Green Seeds' operations and a few others amidst cloudbursts and bluster along the lines of of this weed belongs to Thailand! Unless they are serious international bangsters or other heavy hitters which they may well be or unless they are willng to pay some hefty fees in their brown envelopes.

Still I think theres lots of scope for traditional Thai weeds existing into the future. As we all well know, so many westerners and other foreigners here and abroad are interested in authentic SE Asian sativas and wanting some other options from what legal weed and dispensery weed has been dropping on us for a while now. The way I see it, some people like bubble gum pop and some people like 3 hour acid rock grooves or noise jazz freak outs others like folk music others like classical western or Hindustani music, cannabises are the same, there are many niches and styles that seem promising. Many tourists come here wanting something authentically Thai and that goes for what they smoke here, that interest would in turn help locals to appreciate anew their own wide and incredbly varying local cannbises and cultures. They may be impacted and fade for awhile but I don't think Thai-stic or what have you is going to be replace by glue-stic or Green House or Dutch Queen, so eventually I think there will be some loosening of the kin dof stranglehold we are seeing here lately.

Thais are very nationalistic as well and I think real Thai weed may have more appeal to them in the future, not to mention a lot of people cannot afford to buy or grow even tent grown weed especially with all the chemicals youre encouraged to buy to do your grows. There is the added cost here of having to air condition your grow room and dehumidify it not to mention your curing process. Growing western strains unless they can cope with the heat and humidity is an incrdibly frivolous proposition here unless i suppose you can make it cost effective as Green House seeds have and grow on a titanic scale.

And I might remind you too, if you think Thai sticks are all washed up, as you all mostly well know too, theres good seed banks doing a good job of making lots of old classic Thai and SE Asian strains available to any one with interest like Real Seeds and Zomia and I'm sure there are others. So, for myself, I am not worried, I'm pretty sure i will be able to continue to enjoy old school Thai weeds.

I saw that one online vendor here geared towards expats and tourists is now offering Lao Gold brick at 4 oz's for about 100 dollars and an unpsecified Cambodian variety for about 125. A post I saw in a thread called Thai Stick or something similar on a popular local web forum ASEAN NOW, in their cannbis discussion section, showed some pics of Thai stick fresh off the bean stalk alledegedly from Sakhon Nakorn that the guy very recently got for 50 cents a gram if I recall correctly. Sakorn Nakorn is very back woods, so they may be slower to come under the bootheel of the Dutch plantation owners, before we're all turned to red and white striped pajama wearing pickninnies and bare foot tap dances and whooppins for bein bad bud tenders and bud cotton ball pickers but I think also too Thai people's conservatism particularly way out here over yonder, you'll have plenty of local stick in the mud stoner farmers who ain't gonna go for no fancy pants frou frou bud even if they can get their hands on somethin they can grow outside next to the pig sty without too much of a worry it just won't taste that good with the local throat and sinus blistering lao khao 80 percent.
Thanks for posting such valuable information.

Most of us cannot really do more than educate ourselves.

I’m curious if you know of any forums there for locals like ICMag?

Seems the revolving door on the political level there would deter most prudent growers from relaxing too much regarding internet usage. I think long term and stable changes in the Thai culture and legal system could prevent them from significantly losing their unique cannabis heritage.

However, I fear your prediction (my words) about the influx of non-native strains by Thai growers may well be inevitable in the short term. We see it here as well. For some it is a hobby/obsession but for others it really puts food on the table.

I think insights from people actually living in country allow me to make better decisions whether at home or abroad.

Good stuff😎

Herbert Chickybaby

Thanks for posting such valuable information.

Most of us cannot really do more than educate ourselves.

I’m curious if you know of any forums there for locals like ICMag?

Seems the revolving door on the political level there would deter most prudent growers from relaxing too much regarding internet usage. I think long term and stable changes in the Thai culture and legal system could prevent them from significantly losing their unique cannabis heritage.

However, I fear your prediction (my words) about the influx of non-native strains by Thai growers may well be inevitable in the short term. We see it here as well. For some it is a hobby/obsession but for others it really puts food on the table.

I think insights from people actually living in country allow me to make better decisions whether at home or abroad.

Good stuff😎
I have only seen the ASEAN Now cannabis discussion section. To be honest, that whole website is very suss, there are hardcore CIA MI5 deepstate type guys that moderate, very heavy handed, very anti-free speech, try to scare you as well with very scary personal messages and bans when they don't like your posts and demands that you acjknowledge and apologize for "misinformation" in your posts or be kicked off. I quite posting on there a year ago or so after being a fairly regular poster for over a decade.

It used to be known as Thai Visa and was run by this eccntric rather slovenly elderly very long term ex-pat from NYC who lived on my alley in Bangkok, kind of bag lady type dood with taped up glasses and ketchup and dribble stains down the front of shirt type guy I think it was NYC he was from, he looked very east coast urban Jewish slumlord type guy, but over ten years ago he sold the whole thing to the Nation group which is a large operation mocking bird type corporate mainstream international media conglomerate that also runs a major English language hard copy newspaper in Thailand called The Nation. It makes no sense to me that there is a cannabis forum on that website apart from cannabis has become semi-legal in Thailand and is of great media interest in general. The site as a whole used to be chock full of posts from all kinds of interesting if not often grumbly long termers, it still is a good place to get good info about the very complicated unclear and irregular visa rules and hassles and cock ups that can happen. Thai immigration does its best to confuse you and run you through various gauntlets, it can be a scary and somewhat arbitrary process if you want to try to stay here long term but there are people who are very helpful and still posting on the ASEAN Now site, though there are visa services companies who post on there as well to also confuse and scare you into running to them and paying them what you can do yourself with some grit, patience and the good info you can get on ASEAN NOW. You need some patience and good discernment to sort the wheat from the chaff. Ubon Joe is kind of the good clear visa advice angel on there. But the good posters on there they mostly seem to have fled, or been kicked off for obscure, arbitrary reasons long ago. So the site is full of shills and people who have yet to find out how they roll on that site. I wouldn't post on there about anything to do with cannabis, wouldn't surprise me if they end up using info on there to bust people if Thailand decides to re-illegalize. Though I speak Thai fluently, I'm rather poor at reading it and can't write it to save my life, so I don't know about the sites that Thais use to post on cannabis, I would think there would be a few good sites. Thais are notoriously very unreliable people though as far as good info or even honesty the culture is such that you are expected to say whatever it is people want to hear, they don't appreciate the truth and you can get into trouble fast with people over here for being too direct, you burst someone's delusional bubble even inadvertently and you will have a foe for life, so people can be rather impossible to decode if they do speak and more commonly they won't say anything of import or interest for fear of calling attention to themselves. But theres always the exceptional few who maybe are passionate or really do want to help or share, so if you really want to get the scoop it might be worthwhile to ferret around with a Googgle translate.
Sorry for the long post, and I regret it is mostly rather off topic, but maybe it fills in a picture for you regarding the reliability of ASEAN NOW Cannabis discussion section or any Thai language forums you might find. I think you will ind beer info on here.

Last edited:

Herbert Chickybaby

Thais are very nationalistic as well and I think real Thai weed may have more appeal to them in the future,

Sure,my friend pilis bring 12 different strain seeds to Europa all collected around Nakhom Phanom;Phon Sawan.Even one of Phu Phan!
Yeah, he's what I'm talking about, one of those rare exceptions here who seem to be very passionate about Thai weed. He did some good posts on here, I wish he'd come back, but he seems to have gotten the impression that we weren't appreciative of what he was doing. I think perhaps the language barrier was a problem, his English wasn't quite good enough to pick up on subtle hints that people were really diggng what he was showing us. Glad to hear hes gone to Europe and shared over there, great idea, better than staying here and waiting for Godot.

Last edited:

funkyhorse

Thais are notoriously very unreliable people though as far as good info or even honesty the culture is such that you are expected to say whatever it is people want to hear, they don't appreciate the truth and you can get into trouble fast with people over here for being too direct, you burst someone's delusional bubble even inadvertently and you will have a foe for life, so people can be rather impossible to decode if they do speak and more commonly they won't say anything of import or interest for fear of calling attention to themselves.
This is very asian, in China is the same
They appreciate the truth, they dont appreciate you burst their baloons of illusion and they get hurt for that
Chinese say: when in Rome, do as romans do. When talking to asian people avoid being too direct and approach people the way they do

They will always tell you what they think you want to hear. It is what it is.
Emotions are different. They dont want to upset you and they fear if they tell you the truth, you will be upset, thats why they do it. Not to lose face
Everything is easy to decode, you just need to decode properly
If they tell you go north, your direction is probably south because if they tell a farang something about their country and they dont know, they lose face. Thats why they give wrong directions
What you need to look at are the intentions. If they are telling you a lie in order not to lose face it is ok.
But if their intention is to hurt you, cheat you, thats not acceptable

Well, I find the same cultural thing going on at the canna forums. if you tell the truth and what you really think about the garbage breeders breed, everybody gets upset and nobody likes it and it stupidly brings you enemies and unnecessary trouble
Same same like Asia

StickyBandit

Yeah, he's what I'm talking about, one of those rare exceptions here who seem to be very passionate about Thai weed. He did some good posts on here, I wish he'd come back, but he seems to have gotten the impression that we weren't appreciative of what he was doing. I think perhaps the language barrier was a problem, his English wasn't quite good enough to pick up on subtle hints that people were really diggng what he was showing us. Glad to hear hes gone to Europe and shared over there, great idea, better than staying here and waiting for Godot.
He was actually very interesting but maybe he should have started his own thread because he had a lot to share and may have been slightly off topic, but not really. I would have liked to see more from him :)
It's good to see people actually getting out and about rather than criticizing from the armchair!

teneriffa

pilis told me:

He is still angry with 2 member.

The list of the 12 real thai seeds:

1.PS-Phon Sawan-Looks like old thai.
2.Fox-Phon Sawan-many foxtail
3.Hipi-from the italian hippi grower
4.Man-a crazy story.Near the Asok station is the Royal Qeen Seed Company.In the shop he met an europian employe who told him he have the best Thai Stick (privat)named Mango Thai.Ok.10 seeds for 500 baht.
Ok.Back in Germany end of january he put this seed to grow,LED,11/13.Before 5 days this strain began to mold so he have to kill it.But almost ready!Only one big stemm,very tight ,no side stems.
He have in the bathroom the growing place ,maybe to much humidity???
More tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20230411_183518.jpg
    IMG_20230411_183518.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20230411_183542.jpg
    IMG_20230411_183542.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:

teneriffa

6 more differnt thais at the moment ,will come later.
have more pictures from him but can not upload!
Why in the hell is today so complicated to present,upload a pictuer?????????

Last edited:

islandpreservation

Greetings great thread. I was wondering if anyone has tried the bodhi laos landrace? Seems like a beautiful plant regardless of potency. IS it safe to say that laos has lower THC NLD types in the north (china border) than other border regions? Curious any one know which border regions would appear to have the highest potency population?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
pilis told me:

He is still angry with 2 member.

The list of the 12 real thai seeds:

1.PS-Phon Sawan-Looks like old thai.
2.Fox-Phon Sawan-many foxtail
3.Hipi-from the italian hippi grower
4.Man-a crazy story.Near the Asok station is the Royal Qeen Seed Company.In the shop he met an europian employe who told him he have the best Thai Stick (privat)named Mango Thai.Ok.10 seeds for 500 baht.
Ok.Back in Germany end of january he put this seed to grow,LED,11/13.Before 5 days this strain began to mold so he have to kill it.But almost ready!Only one big stemm,very tight ,no side stems.
He have in the bathroom the growing place ,maybe to much humidity???
More tomorrow.
i guess this helps prove those varieties will absolutely mold ,
even out of the weather under protection ...

pillis needs to learn to be a bit more chilled and grow some thicker skin in order to post online,
one guy had a bit of a joke with him and he threw in the towel ,
he threatened to pull his posts if we didnt behave how he wanted ,
i mean come on , thats not how it works on places like this ,
seems like a very serious guy who needs to learn to lighten up and laugh a little ....

Genghis Kush.

Greetings great thread. I was wondering if anyone has tried the bodhi laos landrace? Seems like a beautiful plant regardless of potency. IS it safe to say that laos has lower THC NLD types in the north (china border) than other border regions? Curious any one know which border regions would appear to have the highest potency population?
The border between Lao and Thailand .
nakhon phanom province