What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

Airloom

Veteran
i dont think clipseal bags were a thing back in the 70s and early 80s ,
i do recall buying ounces of weed , or bags of , in sandwich bags though ,
they just had a fold over top , some folks used to lick that to make it stick when rolled up
I recently found a bag of my final outdoor Kumaoni harvest. It looked and smelled off; a bit moist still. That second female plant had completely recovered from aphid infestation and flowered beautifully (if a bit late)

I stripped most of the inner larfy bud sites leaving only 1 or 2 flowering sites on every branch. The harvest/washing of these first ever pure sativas outdoors took much longer than expected. I had rushed a bit due to the costs of running a dehumidifier and AC for that one plant.

So I decided to wash the flower AGAIN and once dried, I got a lid of “dirt lumbo”

I didn’t have an old school sandwich bag as @Donald Mallard so nicely described, but I had the same vivid recollection of those times.

Thanks for that

E7451C58-811B-44C2-A013-16287C5E3715.jpeg

Herbert Chickybaby

I recently found a bag of my final outdoor Kumaoni harvest. It looked and smelled off; a bit moist still. That second female plant had completely recovered from aphid infestation and flowered beautifully (if a bit late)

I stripped most of the inner larfy bud sites leaving only 1 or 2 flowering sites on every branch. The harvest/washing of these first ever pure sativas outdoors took much longer than expected. I had rushed a bit due to the costs of running a dehumidifier and AC for that one plant.

So I decided to wash the flower AGAIN and once dried, I got a lid of “dirt lumbo”

I didn’t have an old school sandwich bag as @Donald Mallard so nicely described, but I had the same vivid recollection of those times.

Thanks for that

View attachment 18816035
That's it, its got that look, that bottom of the barrel Colombian, our staple and only thing available usually in the mid-late 70's in my neighborhood in Los Angeles. I can smell it right through the screen, kind of like dirt and sour dish rag! Love i!

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
When did resealable bags come out?

Ziploc is a brand of reusable, re-sealable sliding channel storage bags and containers originally developed and test marketed by The Dow Chemical Company in 1968 and now produced by S. C. Johnson & Son. The plastic bags and containers come in different sizes for use with different products.

ultimately introducing the Ziploc bag to a test market in 1968. It wasn't an immediate success, but by 1973, it was both indispensable and adored.

Airloom

Veteran
I licked baggies closed. hehe Yeah, that lid of lumbo you have there, cause for excitement back in the old days. Hope the Kumaoni does the trick for you.
The Kumaoni was my first attempt of a true sativa outdoors. They were started mid May 2022 indoors and finished outside November 2, 2022.

All sativa were from Real Seed Co (Kalamata Red Highland Lao and the Kumaoni) ended up with 2 Female Kumaoni and 1 cutting of the K Red that finally showed sex I was able to save for a while. I ended losing anlmost everything to aphids/fungus gnats and neglect including (3) three year old GDP bonsai I had in solo cups!!!!!!!!! It was a hard lesson to learn but another set of skills acquired. I don’t even know my latitude so it’s likely I’m going about this all wrong anyway. I’m doing it for the joy of it and the experience.

Here’s one shitty shot of a cola off the Kumaoni.

Everything gets washed hung and dried and into Grove bags for curing. The RH in the last Grove bag of Kumaoni flower kept fluctuating slightly. I kept opening it up briefly until RH stabilized at 58-62.

That last bag of Kumaoni got washed a second time in H2O2/water, lemon juice/baking soda water, clean rinse. It’s clean and dry but certainly did not get the gentle touch it got right off the plant which I thought accounted for its dark color. The whole bag was washed/rinsed in 5 gallon buckets and laid out on some Covid mask material on a window screen with a heating pad on low underneath. It smokes pretty much the same but certainly not anything I’d offer a friend. I hate killing them all anyway……

50683D2B-46C8-42CE-AE6E-04890D1011AD.jpeg

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
The Kumaoni was my first attempt of a true sativa outdoors. They were started mid May 2022 indoors and finished outside November 2, 2022.

All sativa were from Real Seed Co (Kalamata Red Highland Lao and the Kumaoni) ended up with 2 Female Kumaoni and 1 cutting of the K Red that finally showed sex I was able to save for a while. I ended losing anlmost everything to aphids/fungus gnats and neglect including (3) three year old GDP bonsai I had in solo cups!!!!!!!!! It was a hard lesson to learn but another set of skills acquired. I don’t even know my latitude so it’s likely I’m going about this all wrong anyway. I’m doing it for the joy of it and the experience.

Here’s one shitty shot of a cola off the Kumaoni.

Everything gets washed hung and dried and into Grove bags for curing. The RH in the last Grove bag of Kumaoni flower kept fluctuating slightly. I kept opening it up briefly until RH stabilized at 58-62.

That last bag of Kumaoni got washed a second time in H2O2/water, lemon juice/baking soda water, clean rinse. It’s clean and dry but certainly did not get the gentle touch it got right off the plant which I thought accounted for its dark color. The whole bag was washed/rinsed in 5 gallon buckets and laid out on some Covid mask material on a window screen with a heating pad on low underneath. It smokes pretty much the same but certainly not anything I’d offer a friend. I hate killing them all anyway……

View attachment 18816576
nice looking bud, but looks like a real pain to trim...

Airloom

Veteran
nice looking bud, but looks like a real pain to trim...
I think that’s accurate but IMHO washing is a real pain
I use the strim method whenever possible (strip/trim hybrid)
Truthfully

Also must say
@Hmong always posts killer bud and the comments always make me smile and sometimes yeah, laugh out loud funny ie: that subtle jab if they’re mature they trim themselves

Airloom

Veteran
sorry to intervene: the hmong thai can be had from jtoucans instasgram
Thanks for this tidbit. I’ve admired @Hmong’s contributions here from my first visit. I also have some from High land Lao from RSCO.

As I’ve scurried around here long enough now, I’ve gotten a decent stash of landrace seed for “emergencies” lol.

I now look for the special beans to grow that have built up trust in this community. Buying seeds like these is always a known unknown…..it’s like Jack in the beanstalk but hopefully without that kind of stretch……
✌️

acespicoli

ok I stand corrected by this recent addition to the catalog

We hope that this new preservation work that we present to the cannabis community will please our loyal fans (who for a decade have been asking us to offer a good pure Thai again), as well as lovers of traditional pure sativas and the most purists among preservationists.

A traditional pure sativa from Chiang Mai in Thailand's Golden Triangle
Now dont everyone go grab these all at once leave me atleat one pack :ROFLMAO:
So my USA distributor does not have these in stock yet...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts