Veteran
I’ll document my S1 hunts here with

30 topanga canyon PK S1’s from otto
and
30 Suge Nite PK S1’s

Both are imo the best pure kush cuts on earth but to each their own
with the suge you have the broad leaf spectrum of kush
and with the topanga you have the lime/marshmallow OG spectrum

I don’t know which 30 I’ll pop first, the suge is a slow grower but pretty damn stable, and the tcpk runs risk of herms but has come crazy vigor and throws down in the yield dept.
I’ll be making my decision here in the next week or two as this diary will be following my next run and my next next run.
I’ll crack all 30 of the same at once and throw them under one light.

here’s some of my suge pics from almost a decade ago
8C871B80-9CF4-43A7-AD89-D448ABA1086C.jpeg

17A26225-89F1-4E4C-81A0-DD1271694D15.jpeg

38B39D16-D8EB-48D9-89A0-0AB185E3689A.jpeg

DD761EE3-6B59-4006-B4C6-3B3F866B5163.jpeg

A3B3F998-1B56-4212-9957-7B29E42B3AB5.jpeg

will update when I make a decision n germ em just had some free time so made this

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I have a couple Topanga S1's going right now. Made in my own room. I grew a couple out a few years back and they were lime marshmallow OG like momma. Excited to flower these ones. How long before you flip ? Maybe we can do them at the same time.

TPFTFW

Veteran
I'm in, this should be interesting.
VG
I agree, make yourself comfy and enjoy the show lol
they look like a very nice indica...
the suge is IMO the best broad leaf kush, I’ve grown quite a few of the well known BLD kush cuts and none compare to the suge
What is Otto? The Suge looks like it could be related to Bubba almost? What does it smell like?
Otto is shorthand for a member here who is now more active on IG, I had the topanga for a while but never made any because Bi0hazard and Otto sent me so damn many lol.

as far as suge terps it’s coconut, rubber, earthy moss for the first 3 months then out of no where this insane OG fuel comes into play. Only time I’ve ever had smells come out of no where consistently on a variety with a cure
I have a couple Topanga S1's going right now. Made in my own room. I grew a couple out a few years back and they were lime marshmallow OG like momma. Excited to flower these ones. How long before you flip ? Maybe we can do them at the same time.
I’ll be popping the topanga first I’ve decided, at some point this week, my room of various sours comes down in about 2.5/3 weeks I figure I’ll need to veg the seeds for at leassst a month so I’m not entirely sure if we can synchronize the start dates but we will def be flowering them around the same time and your more then welcome to post up yours here as well.
I’ve found with these as I’ve already ran an insane amount it’s a good idea to always clean up the lowers real well as that’s where herms tend to show up

Gry

Veteran
Had long wondered if there were three, or if the "Hollywood pure kush" was simply one of the other two mislabbled.

TPFTFW

Veteran
Had long wondered if there were three, or if the "Hollywood pure kush" was simply one of the other two mislabbled.
as I understand it and I have friends that share this opinion as well
there’s topanga
Hollywood is S1 of topanga
Malibu is S1 of Hollywood

and IMO, that’s also how good they are from best to.. least is a harsh word cuz Malibu is still one of the better OG’s but ya know what I mean

having ran A LOT of these S1’s, I can confirm that is entirely possible

But it’s also very true that there’s a lot of mislabeling with these especially as far as people calling things topanga is concerned.
It’s still held pretty close rather successfully

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran
I think you likely are correct as far the misnaming of Topanga as Hollywood. Shops in the area are notorious in renaming cannabis.
One of the more outrageous efforts I recall was an outfit that was offering what they called the "Planetary OG line"
They had renamed an OG for each planet.
We live in pressurised times.

Reactions: ost

TPFTFW

Veteran
I think you likely are correct as far the misnaming of Topanga as Hollywood. Shops in the area are notorious in renaming cannabis.
One of the more outrageous efforts I recall was an outfit that was offering what they called the "Planetary OG line"
They had renamed an OG for each planet.
We live in pressurised times.
Haha! I remember that dudes YouTube videos from wayyy back in the day
At least I think it was him he had a whole buncha planet OG’s he talked about and claimed to have.. idk not started but.. claimed to claim them lol

Reactions: Gry

Gry

Veteran
Haha! I remember that dudes YouTube videos from wayyy back in the day
At least I think it was him he had a whole buncha planet OG’s he talked about and claimed to have.. idk not started but.. claimed to claim them lol
Leaves me wondering if it was a dedicated customer of the shop that was using that in their ad, or if may have been the guy who
owned the shop attempting to drum up more business.
On the other hand, some of the places that I thought well of, were able to make go of it basically off of a single OG.

Last edited:

TPFTFW

Veteran
Leaves me wondering if it was a dedicated customer of the shop that was using that in their ad, or if may have been the guy who
owned the shop attempting to drum up more business.
On the other hand, some of the places that I thought well of, were able to make go of it basically off of a single OG.
Idk it was some guy who grew in his back yard iirc and also had some shots of a smaller like 8 light room. talked about all the planet cuts a lot. This was prolly around 10 years ago

elanius

Veteran
well this should be interesting, seems there are more Pure Kush varieties indeed. Anyone knows where the Ghost1/Socal Pure Kush comes from? Tried few different cuts over the years, but this PK is by far the best. Hard to beat that powerful yet positive uplifting high and complex OG smell. Even withstands the test of time, curing for a year and still rocks, unlike many other OGs where quality goes down after 3 months. The genetics in this clone made some magic. Flowers for about 11 weeks.

Last edited:

TPFTFW

Veteran
well this should be interesting, seems there are more Pure Kush varieties indeed. Anyone knows where the Ghost1/Socal Pure Kush comes from? Tried few different cuts over the years, but this PK is by far the best. Hard to beat that powerful yet positive uplifting high and complex OG smell. Even withstands the test of time, curing for a year and still rocks, unlike many other OGs where quality goes down after 3 months. The genetics in this clone made some magic. Flowers for about 11 weeks.
View attachment 18129086 View attachment 18129088 View attachment 18129087
I was gonna grab her at one point but I simply can’t take nightmare creature seriously. Dudes a clown
It’s just another S1 or S2 of something or other
is it limey?
to be honest you can’t really go wrong with any OG type PK

elanius

Veteran
who the hell is nightmare creature ? xD I dont care much about its origin, just curious why is this so good. Its hardly S2 though, this cut has insane vigor, grows almost twice as fast compared to True OG clone and is level above in quality. Also, it never hermies and its a bitch to reverse.

TPFTFW

Veteran
who the hell is nightmare creature ? xD I dont care much about its origin, just curious why is this so good. Its hardly S2 though, this cut has insane vigor, grows almost twice as fast compared to True OG clone and is level above in quality. Also, it never hermies and its a bitch to reverse.
Tcpk doesn’t herm either, it’s the S1’s..
And it’s not anywhere near all of them, nor is it terrible..
did you see up there when I said the S1’s of the tcpk are insanely vigorous? I think in my very first post.
I’m not saying it is or it isn’t
I clearly said.. you can’t go wrong with any og pk

But I guess it is a fitting addition to a PURE KUSH S1 thread lol

TPFTFW

Veteran
some of my sour stuff this 🏃
SourD notsodog has had going on 23 years

day 49 or 50 idk I’ll have to look
closest thing I can get to natural looking light in the room.

so far to me, it seems to have a more putrid note then I’ve noticed in other sours, definitely no lemon like the ECSD
C5573191-892A-4F52-AD7D-B85967874CBF.jpeg

A9364299-2A51-4E2F-8CBC-E83C50E7A7BE.jpeg

Last edited:

TPFTFW

Veteran
ohhhh yeah .... kick asss
Right I’m stoked.
i got a pack of ZOZ landing one of these days with a buncha other stuff. That should be fun. I’ve never grown any Z gear it just looked like such an unattractive plant.

I’ve seen ZOZ in a lot of stuff that’s rather popular so it must throw worthwhile traits in hybrids. Been trying to figure out what I’m gonna Z-ifiy

Last edited: