What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PTSD, Exercise and Weed

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I call this the "don't sit on the toilet seat" stance and it really works.
My right knee keeps popping (audibly) when I do The Horse Stance - it doesn't hurt - just makes this funny bone popping noise - ya - and handy for if you don't want your backside hitting the toilet seat - if the toilet even has one - then maybe it's better to do 'The Asian Squat ' -

xet

My right knee keeps popping (audibly) when I do The Horse Stance - it doesn't hurt - just makes this funny bone popping noise - ya - and handy for if you don't want your backside hitting the toilet seat - if the toilet even has one - then maybe it's better to do 'The Asian Squat ' -

I heard about this "Asian squat" and had to go to the Internet to prove to myself it was not a meme. Evidently things slide out better although i can imagine a number of scenarios where falling into the abyss is an persistent issue.

I too have joint issues and when I can discipline myself well enough to take this supplement regularly those issues go away and everything tightens up like I am 20 again. https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Osteo-Fx-Powder-canister/dp/B017EA3EK6

Eating Venison regularly also makes my joint issues go away. Society is taught to supplement our cattle and livestock with expended nutrients but not our self, imagine that.

That product is created by a Nobel Prize nominee, Doctor Joel Wallach, who wrote a series of books on the topic of regenerating our body. He is a fascinating character who started out 20 years as a Veterinarian before becoming a Medical Doctor https://www.amazon.com/Dead-Doctors-Dont-Joel-Wallach/dp/0974858102/

There are thousands of videos of him online going thru the beginning and end of what he knows and how any regular person can learn and apply that knowledge I used to listen to him on the radio every night in Austin as people called in with their issues and he recommended which supplements would get them to health the quickest in the absence of "the bad foods" which decelerate our path back to health. (btw look at his skin and realize he is almost 90 years old)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ya - I have been practicing the 'Asian Squat' at the gym for the past 3-4 months - can do 10 minutes now - other members come up to me and ask me what I am doing - 'This is a VERY important exercise - if you visit and travel within Asia - as I often do - you will then be able to keep your balance - and not fall into the Asian Toilet' - I tell 'em -
- it's a great stretch-isometric - exercise -

Last edited:

growshopfrank

Veteran
Ya - I have been practicing the 'Asian Squat' at the gym for the past 3-4 months - can do 10 minutes now - other members come up to me and ask me what I am doing - 'This is a VERY important exercise - if you visit and travel within Asia - as I often do - you will then be able to keep your balance - and not fall into the Asian Toilet' - I tell 'em -
- it's a great stretch-isometric - exercise -
After reading about your exercise routine i recommend taking a look at a wobble board. They are fantastic for developing balance skills and core stability.
Plenty of videos on YouTube for wobble board exercises.
Check out amazon to buy as the site doesn't want to allow me to post link.

Last edited:

xet

After reading about your exercise routine i recommend taking a look at a wobble board. They are fantastic for developing balance skills and core stability.
Plenty of videos on YouTube for wobble board exercises.
Check out amazon to buy as the site doesn't want to allow me to post link.
I have not tried one of those but I can attest that any balance board is super fun
GoofBoard-Surfing-Balance-Board-07.jpg

balance-roller-board-5-3041453299.jpeg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
That's a youngster thing and not for old people. 😎
It does look kinda fun - but senior caution tells me that my agility is good enough to walk 4 miles per day - and not fall over - with all the stretching and air-squats I do without much difficulty these days - I cant see that wobbling about on some 2by4 will do much - other than possibly twisting an ankle -

xet

That's a youngster thing and not for old people. 😎
They are extremely intimidating at first but there is something very satisfactory about overcoming the initial part of learning how to not immediately topple over. More than exercise, as a practice it is quite an addicting practice because there is an essence of novel skill obtained and a mastery and artistry that follows.

I would recommend putting the thing on a bunch of pillows so it can't roll anywhere and feel it out that way before attempting any hard surfaces. Once the initial concept is understood it is really quite easy to stay up there for an hour unless you become adventurous and want to learn how to stand on the edge of the board and "hang 10" so an element of comedy is inherit in the thing as well. Evidently older folks really enjoy it because of it's little movement required, it's a true brain exercise.

Sparkus_Maximus

The best therapy I know for dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Depression is to get outdoors and exercise. Walk the dogs, jogging, riding bikes are a big part of my life.
I don't listen to the little voice that gives me excuses why I shouldn't exercise. I just go and I'm always glad I did when I finish. I load up my vape and get moving outdoors. "Cold or Hot" I get out and ride my bike every day and 3 big rides a week. I walk my dogs and still jog and it helps sooo much. I'm over 65, but I don't let that stop me because it's the only treatment or therapy that works for my depression and PTSD. Take a few hits, and hit the road, one eye or not.
Does anyone else want to share how exercise has helped you?
Here are my rides. 😎
That is an awesome outlook, exercising on a regular has helped me control my diabetes along with keeping my overall cardiovascular health in check. After 30 - yrs of smoking cigs, it is a blessing to get out into nature and enjoy some fresh air! Nice bikes, btw Years ago I biked around 100- miles per week in my city and was in the best shape of my life. Along with swimming, it's probably the best exercise one can engage in, imho.

Sparkus_Maximus

If a person just smokes without any activity they will fall into a mental state of sloth and torpor. "That's Everyone"!! That's a state of mind that will lock one to the couch and make things much harder in life. Most problems start with this mind state. Sloth and torpor disguises its self by acting like tiredness, needing rest, or just too fucked up to do anything. The couch is the ENEMY and will hurt one's self if one doesn't wake up out of this cruel long-term mind state. Weed has been getting a bad name lately because of this mind state. It would be nice if one cared as much for them-selfs as they cared for their plants. Something to ask is, "do I do as much for myself" as I do for my plants? 😎

(Torpor), which is defined as a morbid state that is characterized by unwieldiness, lack of energy, and opposition to a wholesome activity.
Sloth-and-torpor- half-hearted action with little or no effort or concentration. Google

The quality of sloth and torpor in our minds is a sinking into a state of dullness, of sleepiness, of heaviness, where there’s no clarity, no energy. There’s no light in the mind; everything is murky, confused. You feel disconnected. Internet

Take a walk after the next toke and make a post.. 😎
So true my friend, I find ACE's Congo is some Fantastic "Anti-Sloth'' medicine 😎

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
When you think about it - the human body does have the capacity to carry it's own bodyweight - to push and pull it's own bodyweight too - and I think that we should all aim to attain that goal - and maintain it - if being strong is as important to you - as it is to myself as I age -
- and you don't need a gym to do press-ups - pull-ups - and air-squats (I do 200 per day) - so no cost - other than sweat and effort -

Most people naturally get weaker as they age into old age - but you can slow this down - or even remarkably get stronger - if you train hard for it - and it's not so difficult to do - just using the weight of your own body - partially or fully - it makes you feel more confident too - to know that you are strong enough and balanced enough to not fall over easily - and if you do - you are strong enough to prevent an injury - so many older people die from falls and the associated injuries sustained - because they are so weak - and cannot support their own weight - to stop the fall -

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm going to need one of these to feel better

Friend you already know smoking causes throat cancer. My baby brother just died from throat cancer. He only smoked joints and nothing else. His death was horrible because his eating and breathing caused so much pain. Before he could eat he had to gargle with novocaine and wait 15 minutes. Even after using the prescription mouthwash, he said that with every bite it felt like he was swallowing razor blades. Towards the end his feet swelled up and all of his skin turned into blisters and he couldn't walk. No slipper or shoe could fit his feet, only ace bandages. His feet were big open wounds and would get wet and have to be changed. Lastly, his belly swelled up so big it ripped the skin with lesions, he looked bigger than a pregnant woman. He Went Through HELL. I have photos but they're too graphic to post. Friend Vape don't smoke. 😎

Last edited:

xet

When you wake up in the morning or you are feeling down in the day try beating on your chest like a gorilla and I think it triggers some epigenetics in us to feel stronger. It's primal and worth a try and if you have dogs they can't get enough of that they think it's hilarious