What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PTSD, Exercise and Weed

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Here is a photo of Roy on the day he got his nuts cut 10/25. Getting him neutered will help him stay out of trouble. He's already recovered but still has to wear his hood to keep him from pulling the stitches out. He's a super good dog and he minds so well already. I just love him so much.

IMG_6458.JPG

IMG_6457.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
New research has come out about weed use without exercising. If I want to keep using weed I have to get off the couch and step up my exercise routine. In my late 60s, I still exercise every day. Good weed has the tendency to knock me down and put me on the couch or bed. The couch and bed are the enemy of any weed smoker or vaper.

Setting on my ass without exercising is an invitation for a heart attack or stroke. I love weed because I believe it's much better and safer than antidepressants or other psychotropic drugs and keeps good people out of psychiatric wards.

Now that weed has been around in the public for some time the results are starting to show themselves in hospitals. Just walking 5 minutes a day every day can make a big difference. When 5 minutes gets too easy just add 5 more and so on. Walking is easy and if you are old like me give it a try and see what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Sparkus_Maximus

New research has come out about weed use without exercising. If I want to keep using weed I have to get off the couch and step up my exercise routine. In my late 60s, I still exercise every day. Good weed has the tendency to knock me down and put me on the couch or bed. The couch and bed are the enemy of any weed smoker or vaper.

Setting on my ass without exercising is an invitation for a heart attack or stroke. I love weed because I believe it's much better and safer than antidepressants or other psychotropic drugs and keeps good people out of psychiatric wards.

Now that weed has been around in the public for some time the results are starting to show themselves in hospitals. Just walking 5 minutes a day every day can make a big difference. When 5 minutes gets too easy just add 5 more and so on. Walking is easy and if you are old like me give it a try and see what I'm talking about.

I wonder if you have some favorite functional Sativas for a busy lifestyle where couchlock is undesirable.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I wonder if you have some favorite functional Sativas for a busy lifestyle where couchlock is undesirable.
That's a good question friend. When I use couchlock weed I only take a tiny amount to minimize the sedation. Also, when exercising on a regular basis, the body knows what to do and does it regardless of the weed. The important thing is to get up and get out, rain or shine, high or not, and exercise to keep the gremlins away.

Sparkus_Maximus

That's a good question friend. When I use couchlock weed I only take a tiny amount to minimize the sedation. Also, when exercising on a regular basis, the body knows what to do and does it regardless of the weed. The important thing is to get up and get out, rain or shine, high or not, and exercise to keep the gremlins away.
Well said friend, and So True in my experience as well. After I get done exercising, I'm always glad I did it😊. For me, African Sativas like Congolese go well with an active lifestyle. Even C99 gets me motivated & lifted on those sluggish days 🏃‍♂️. I have 2 young Golden Tigers going with the goal of eventually testing it for a Saturday wake n bake, but from everything I've read this one is in a category of its' own, even considering strong Sativas. I wonder how ''functional'' this one could be given its' pronounced trippy / psychedelic effects⚡. First time running this pure Sativa and time will tell, but it should prove interesting in the end.

Last edited:

imiubu

Or... get a dog :)
There are days where the weather is in-climate or I am just in a blah way.
Puppers gives me that look and does her paradiddles tip-a-tapping on the floor...
c'mon ma, let's do walks!
Sigh, I may be able to justify my desire for inactivity but I am unable to deny her needs.
So... up and out we go.

That bit of activity leads to even more energy upon return to the homestead.
Projects left are more often completed and then more will begin.

It just took that initial up and out movement to achieve a new mindset/ momentum
to gain motivation.

Routine I have found is also quite crucial to avoiding 'couch lock'.

All is accomplished whether I have imbibed with my favorite herb or not...
once the 'up and out' is initiated :)

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Yet another study that finds what we've known since always to be unbelievably and painfully obvious! YAY sensationalism!

but yes I agree, fast food is bad.

The Game, we just lost it...

I'm going for BK, anyone for double whoppers?

I'll run, I swear, to the car and back after driving through the drivethrough, and it counts as excercise!!

lol no, I'm joking, I'm broke, I'll just sit at home, smoke weed and eat PBJs :')

maybe I'll do some stretching later.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm at the age where I see a lot of ole-timers going into the hospital with some very bad health problems. Most of the problems are due to a lifetime of poor diet and lack of activity. Getting blasted with chemo and radiation is a horrible way to die but I see it often. Obesity has caused a lot of my friends to have to have hip and knee replacements. Not to mention having to take insulin shots in the belly every day.

That's just from diet but the people I know that have smoked tobacco for the past 30 to 50 years are in very bad conditions as well. Here are some of the problems associated with smoking.
Cigarette smoking is associated with worse cognitive performance among people 60 years and older, and that association is broadly the same whether or not individuals have hypertension or diabetes, according to a study from investigators at Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian.Jan 9, 2023

Over time, smoking can impair cognitive functions such as: information processing. memory. concentration.Jul 21, 2023

Cigarette smoking is the number one risk factor for lung cancer. In the United States, cigarette smoking is linked to about 80% to 90% of lung cancer deaths. Using other tobacco products such as cigars or pipes also increases the risk for lung cancer. Tobacco smoke is a toxic mix of more than 7,000 chemicals.

We now know that smoking is one cause of type 2 diabetes. In fact, people who smoke cigarettes are 30%–40% more likely to develop type 2 diabetes than people who don't smoke. People with diabetes who smoke are more likely than those who don't smoke to have trouble with insulin dosing and with managing their condition.

Smoking can raise your LDL cholesterol levels and lower your HDL cholesterol levels. Over time, this can lead to inflammation in your blood vessels and arteries, and plaque can build up in your arteries. This plaque can harden and break off, which can lead to blood clots and strokes.

Smoking causes an acute increase in blood pressure (BP) and heart rate and has been found to be associated with malignant hypertension. Nicotine acts as an adrenergic agonist, mediating local and systemic catecholamine release and possibly the release of vasopressin.

Just to name a few but that's not all. Smoking tobacco is very dangerous and dying from smoking causes a very hard death.

kokomarin

Maybe ,I am from area where everybody smoke ciggarete,we mix weed with tobbaco tradicionaly.
My age is 54,still smoking 5-7 half gram joints,trigger what sand me into limbo was from insomia,lack of activity and carbs in food.,inflammation in mouth.
Beat diabetes type two is not mission impossible for sure,with whole food every meal,low glicemic index dominant in short 6 h eating windov is easy.
Growt hormone level is critical to beat lot of bad things what start to hapend in age after 50 in humans.
So,who can ran till sweeating,eat in short windov can raise growt hormone a lot.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Eating only in an 8-hour window and fasting the other 16 hours will stop insulin from being released into the body. That alone will help the metabolic systems find balance. Eating sugar or carbs every few hours or many times a day does a number on the body and brain.

When the body is bombed with insulin all day the liver and other organs will become fatty with excess fat. When the liver, heart, kidneys, and brain get a layer of fat around them, they don't function normally causing disease. Most diseases have their start from this insulin imbalance.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
If one wants to extend health or live without disease check out this video.
Most especially at the end of the video shares how the US sells poison to people for just a few dollars.

Sparkus_Maximus

Here's an update on my lone GT female that showed pistils around Christmas. Started her 12/12 from seed, and recently transplanted into a 3-gal. smart pot in peat / home made compost. Very easy growing so far, but I wonder if she will finish under the natural photoperiod here @ 37N? The daylight hrs. will naturally begin to increase in March, so do you all think she will continue flowering or revert back to vegetative? I'd hate to have to cram her into my little 2X2 in order to finish her properly. Any advice would be much appreciated👍

Attachments

• IMG_20240125_144839454.jpg
    IMG_20240125_144839454.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 25

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
I love long walkings through the city, but since pandemics couldn't establish a regular schedule to exercise. It's a struggle. I start then some problems happens and need to stop. Last October got a sciatica inflammation due to an old mattress, at that time I was going through a bench and dumbells routine and running 5K in 40 minutes, now I'm fighting myself to return to this good path. For this next week I must walk or run for 25k minimum, current week I'm stretching and kindly warning up. Body at 40 is not light.
I thought I had depression. Start to take some natural and indigenous meds like tribulus terrestris and Peruvian ginseng then realized my testosterone was too low. Started to feel way more happy and motivated for the daily life. Also must eat fruits everyday, intestines are our second brain.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It's been a while so I thought I would share what's going on today. Living with PTSD is something that never goes away. Living in a handicapped body is a constant reminder and is a daily challenge. Adaptation is the only option and acceptance is key.

I exercise every morning except Sunday. I do a split routine with biking one day running the next day, and walking every day. It's the one thing that helps me keep my PTSD symptoms in check. Getting outside and using my legs keeps my heart strong and my mind growing. There's nothing else that helps me better than getting outside and moving.

I have a walking trail in my yard and use it every day too. It's just a circle around my lot with a lot of vegetation. Since I have limited vision it is perfect for me. Feels like walking on a nature trail in the wilderness. Sometimes I walk barefooted to ground myself and release suffering.

Now is the time to start walking barefooted to get the feet tough for Summer. Happy SUMMER.

exoticrobotic

It's been a while so I thought I would share what's going on today. Living with PTSD is something that never goes away. Living in a handicapped body is a constant reminder and is a daily challenge. Adaptation is the only option and acceptance is key.

I exercise every morning except Sunday. I do a split routine with biking one day running the next day, and walking every day. It's the one thing that helps me keep my PTSD symptoms in check. Getting outside and using my legs keeps my heart strong and my mind growing. There's nothing else that helps me better than getting outside and moving.

I have a walking trail in my yard and use it every day too. It's just a circle around my lot with a lot of vegetation. Since I have limited vision it is perfect for me. Feels like walking on a nature trail in the wilderness. Sometimes I walk barefooted to ground myself and release suffering.

Now is the time to start walking barefooted to get the feet tough for Summer. Happy SUMMER.

it's good to hear an update @Creeperpark i really enjoy your motivating and philosophical postings.

And the very large plant pics :love:

Latest posts

Latest posts