What's new

PTSD, Exercise and Weed

Thighland

That lust for danger - has cost many a young man his life - came near to checking out of existence myself - on many occasions - whether it was on bicycles or motorbikes - diving from ridiculous heights - or just sparring in the gym with a stranger - getting knocked out - can be a whole lot of fun - lol -

- Today not so keen on reliving those close scrapes with damnation - even though it was always some sort of huge buzz - to cheat death - and walk away fairly intact -
I have a friend in his 60s, led a wild life but now rarely leaves the house at night. Everytime he tells a story it begins with "A mate of mine, he's dead now..."

St. Phatty

Yup! Still learning the balance and getting there! Had almost a year now almost not growing and little work other work aswell. Had a big need to rejuvenate, but it feels very good to start slowly getting back to stuff again too! "Talking with a proud grin": Setting up a new grow room/rooms these days. Very fun to be back again!:)

Doing Yoga in your grow room sounds like fun.

Once you get really relaxed you can just stare rapturously at the plants.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I have a friend in his 60s, led a wild life but now rarely leaves the house at night. Everytime he tells a story it begins with "A mate of mine, he's dead now..."
- sure - have noticed that as I age into 6 decades old - many of my friends and acquaintances have passed on - who are of a similar generation to myself - that makes me sad but also more cautious with my own health and wellness - because I have much to live for - and don't want to 'check-out' just yet - (who does?) -

- Yesterday was a good day - the walking to the gym was easier - and I managed to do a light 30 minute workout - then swim/aqua exercises - for half an hour - without feeling the tightness in the chest - or lack of O2 - but I did cheat on the way home - and took the bus - instead of walking - due to a bit of fatigue - and the rain -

- these days/years - I rarely if ever go anywhere but home - when it's dark - have to be around for 2 kids (son and daughter) - one's already a teenager - and the other will be one this coming March - and they need to be fed and encouraged to do their homework every evening - while their Mum is working at the restaurant - Dad duties for me - and I much prefer this lifestyle - to the Barfly one - going out to pubs/clubs is not appealing any more - since I quit drinking booze regularly - a long time back - and fall asleep at 8-9pm - when I was living that nighttime/nightclub existence - many years ago - it sure was fun - and I have some great memories - but don't feel the need to do it - all over again -

Thighland

^The stability of family life and connection with others is more than important, it's everything. I have two teenage girls I've looked after for 10+ years. Probably the best thing that every happened me. You can't look after others if you're not looking after yourself.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Trying to keep muscle mass up as elastin and connective tissue degrade isn't easy.

I've had quite a few near death experiences. They are of great interest to me, what happens to the mind at that point... Who is spoken to and who speaks back etc. They are most exhillarating.

I hope your heart issues are able to be easily remedied and aren't serious GN.

I hope your big heart at icmag does not manifest at home.

This morning i woke up unusually not in any pain. I had some Chyawanprash yesterday. It is really good and tastey too. I hope you dont mind the link. It is an ayurvedic herb jam concoction that tastes amazing and apparently can give a 70 year old the vitality of a 20 year old.

I have no affiliation with the company below but i am buying another few pots!

https://www.essentialayurveda.co.uk/products/chy-wan-prash
Yes - trying to stay strong and balanced and healthy - as a senior member of the human race - as the years go by - can be quite a challenge - one that inevitably we will lose - in time - but how much time left? - is the question - and perhaps what we do now in the present - will greatly improve our chances of living to be a grand old age - with sound minds and bodies - into some of the future -

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I've noticed that as I get older the "little voice" in me gets louder. Also when my medicine is strong Indica the "little voice" is deafening. I find myself not wanting to do anything. A whole week can be cold and cloudy and I don't do anything because I might get wet or some other stupid reason.

It's time to get off my ass and do something because someday soon I won't be able to do what I'm capable of doing now.. There are already many limits put on me with old age compared to when I was young and strong. I can't do half of the shit I use to because of impermanence.

I play a trick on the little voice when it's loud and wants to stay on the couch. I tell it I'll only exercise for the first 5 minutes and quit and come back if I still don't like the exercise. So far every time about the first 3 or 4 minutes, I start loving it and haul ass. After the work-out, the Big voice pats me on the back and then I go back to the couch.

There are only 2 times a person should exercise.

When they want too and when they don't want too. 😎

[Maschinenhaus]

Years ago, a drunken idiot drove straight into my side at 120 Km/h (75 mph) without braking. The robustness of the Audi and a hell of a lot of luck let me survive that. The seat was in the glove compartment afterwards, the belts smashed my pelvis and hip.

I lay until the arrival of the fire department in full consciousness in a puddle consisting of 60 liters of Super Premium gasoline and the radio was still running. I saw my daughters in front of my eyes and swore that I would survive and lead a better life.

After a year in the hospital, which I spent mostly lying down, several long operations under the magic hands of a profesor of surgery, I learned to walk again, with 48 kilos of body weight. I am not a dwarf.

The first time I got on my mountain bike with the help of friends, it was the day I was discharged, I rode right around my settlement and almost died of exertion.

Consistent renunciation of alcohol, tobacco, healthy diet, I had been a vegetarian all my life before, and at least 200 kilometers on the mountain bike per week, made me a new person. I can walk badly since then, but bike or swim goes very well and without pain.

Cannabis helped me to reduce my daily dose of morphine to 1/3, sometimes I ride the bike 60Km at a time, it is a fountain of youth. My doctors tell me I have the heart of a 30 year old, my lung capacity 100% (which is a miracle after thousands of bong) and my ateries, kidneys, liver are also in top condition.

Yes, sport is worth it!

Attachments

• 20210209_151355.jpg
    20210209_151355.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 34

exoticrobotic

Cannabis helped me to reduce my daily dose of morphine
Sorry to hear of your accident. Motor accidents are awful.

I was thinking of whiplash last night being rear ended stationary on the motorway and having awful lock jaw and neck/shoulder pains.

I thought the only thing worse would be a side shunt at such speed. It is good to hear of your recovery from such a horrific accident. 🙏 Thank you for sharing.

It is an awful feeling when you are in a situation that you cannot escape from. I experienced it after a blowout at 90mph as i started skidding and sliding. That fight mode kicks in and you do anything to survive.

I saw my childrens' future potential all mapped out in different lines as time dilated then this nasty Salamander/Hellraiser bod popped up and said its your children or your soul.

Last edited:

[Maschinenhaus]

Cannabis and a healthy lifestyle are inseparable for me. I search and cross cannabis genetics that are suitable for medicinal purposes.

I take it orally, very rarely I smoke a pure pipe with hashish.

From my mother I have inherited the green thumb, she herself has created a huge herb garden according to Hildegard von Bingen and provides himself completely with fruits and vegetables from their own cultivation, chickens, goats and sheep she also has, makes cheese itself. She makes her own beer and herbal schnapps, which she likes to drink in the evening (beer). She is all day outdoors in motion and top fit.

Plookerkingjon

If you put in say 35 to 40 minutes of solid exercise and why this I mean let's say you're doing this is all hypothetical my new 200 push-ups 50 to 100 burpees depending on how you feel some stretches squats when you do that in a program where you're doing it four to five times a week at a 50 year old man I'm starting to realize might be a little too much where it wasn't for me 20 years ago I guess the big caveat for me is trying to figure out what's overdoing it. One thing that really disturbs me is when I was younger I could get up in the morning and bang out a hundred push-ups no problem and now that I'm 50 early 50s I have to like warm into it I have to like work my way into it and warm up before I can do it. So I guess I need to ask myself am I overdoing it by having a half hour to 45 minute workout that focuses on arm chest or lower body 6 days a week while I have three umbilical hernias no meniscus in my right knee and in need of nerve surgery down my left side because I can't bear weight on my left foot without dry heaving. My resolution to all this while I was on a waiting list to see a provider was to just try and keep moving because sitting still is what kills people on the farm I grew up on

exoticrobotic

chickens, goats and sheep she also has, makes cheese itself. She makes her own beer and herbal schnapps, which she likes to drink in the evening (beer). She is all day outdoors in motion and top fit.

My mother in law is the same. Sixty five and looks after 30 or so cattle, chickens and grows her own (veg).

She is fitter than i am :sneaky:
sitting still is what kills people on the farm I grew up on

That and tractors/combine harvesters/bulls.

exoticrobotic

I take it orally, very rarely I smoke a pure pipe with hashish.

It's a nice way of taking it but can get a bit much :D as it can be harder to titrate and the taste is quite moorish.

I've started taking maria treben bitters which has really taken my pain down a notch or three. You can get it without the alcohol in it.

I have three umbilical hernias no meniscus in my right knee and in need of nerve surgery down my left side because I can't bear weight on my left foot without dry heaving.

Blimey @Plookerkingjon

How does exercising with umblical hernias happen? Can you do situps?

My left side is bad. i've got a limp as cant bear weight on the left foot due to nerve impingement on a spinal bone spur and degraded cartiledge in the left knee. The right foot is fucked too.

[Maschinenhaus]

Had a Farmall and I think the bigger one was the Massey Ferguson back when they used to hang cheesecloth on blueberry bushes laughing out loud.

The Deutz was already old when I learned to drive it at 12, you were allowed to drive these tractors from 14 if the parents had agriculture. I still have a Hanomag Brilliant 700 from 1970 with overdrive, power steering and suspension seat.

It's a nice way of taking it but can get a bit much :D as it can be harder to titrate and the taste is quite moorish.

I've started taking maria treben bitters which has really taken my pain down a notch or three. You can get it without the alcohol in it.

I take many herbs for tea and once or twice a year dried Psilocybe semilanceata, it clears the mind and helps to relax deeply in small doses.

Plookerkingjon

Blimey @Plookerkingjon

How does exercising with umblical hernias happen? Can you do situps?

My left side is bad. i've got a limp as cant bear weight on the left foot due to nerve impingement on a spinal bone spur and degraded cartiledge in the left knee. The right foot is fucked too.
Believe it or not I didn't even realize that I had had them until I started doing push-ups and I was looking down from a fully extended arm position and I realized that I had like three weird bumps originating around my belly button area, after a four and a half month wait to see a primary care physician so I could get a referral to have Radiology look at what I think it what do they give women ultrasound I think is what they gave me and it showed that I had the umbilical hernia and I won't do any kind of core that makes that area burn I've learned the hard way they're only going to get worse until they're fixed so I focus right now on arms chest cardio and I will do what do they called PS squats I've tried to do Hindu push-ups and I just do it until I feel the area burn and then I stop probably not the best it's hard for me to sit still

[Maschinenhaus]

What crosses have you found effective?

Right now my eye is on the old K2, Orange Bud and two old Cannabis Indica var Hindu Kush, I call them Hundukush because they were bagseed of unknown origin in the early 70s.

My old mentor at that time made money with old German trucks that brought them to India, Pakistan, from his time in the merchant navy I also have a few ancient varieties, also bagseed he grew at 50° latitude outdoor.

There I have to see what is good and what is not. There are still good modern genetics from Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, etc. today. An old, 100% Silver Haze or early Haze A I am looking for my whole life.

I have greatly reduced my varieties, because collecting alone makes you crazy, personally I really appreciate the old stuff like Durban or Night Queen and especially good Haze. The guys from French Touch Seeds also have landraces that work very well for me to relax. For pain attacks Orange Bud helps me quite well in combination with synthetic opiates that the doctor prescribes me.

I'm still looking for CBD/CBG genetics and I'm also thinking about growing some opium myself to get away from the pills. But I have to read up first and see if that helps at all with extremely strong pain?

Latest posts

Latest posts