What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PTSD, Exercise and Weed

Plookerkingjon

Right now my eye is on the old K2, Orange Bud and two old Cannabis Indica var Hindu Kush, I call them Hundukush because they were bagseed of unknown origin in the early 70s.

My old mentor at that time made money with old German trucks that brought them to India, Pakistan, from his time in the merchant navy I also have a few ancient varieties, also bagseed he grew at 50° latitude outdoor.

There I have to see what is good and what is not. There are still good modern genetics from Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, etc. today. An old, 100% Silver Haze or early Haze A I am looking for my whole life.

I have greatly reduced my varieties, because collecting alone makes you crazy, personally I really appreciate the old stuff like Durban or Night Queen and especially good Haze. The guys from French Touch Seeds also have landraces that work very well for me to relax. For pain attacks Orange Bud helps me quite well in combination with synthetic opiates that the doctor prescribes me.

I'm still looking for CBD/CBG genetics and I'm also thinking about growing some opium myself to get away from the pills. But I have to read up first and see if that helps at all with extremely strong pain?
Any varieties that you feel need to be held on to but will make us super crazy you can send my way cuz I'll get crazier than a s*** house rat if I can have a phenomenal collection it's a worthwhile investment laughing out loud

[Maschinenhaus]

Any varieties that you feel need to be held on to but will make us super crazy you can send my way cuz I'll get crazier than a s*** house rat if I can have a phenomenal collection it's a worthwhile investment laughing out loud

Through our collective [Maschinenhaus] we will make genetics available for free like open source software. Our goal is the preservation of landraces, the search for medicinal varieties as well as certain more modern hybrids that are slowly becoming rare to untraceable. I also regulate my estate during my lifetime so that younger breeders and lovers of cannabis can come into possession of such treasures.

Plookerkingjon

Through our collective [Maschinenhaus] we will make genetics available for free like open source software. Our goal is the preservation of landraces, the search for medicinal varieties as well as certain more modern hybrids that are slowly becoming rare to untraceable. I also regulate my estate during my lifetime so that younger breeders and lovers of cannabis can come into possession of such treasures.
Here

exoticrobotic

Right now my eye is on the old K2, Orange Bud and two old Cannabis Indica var Hindu Kush, I call them Hundukush because they were bagseed of unknown origin in the early 70s.

For pain attacks Orange Bud helps me quite well in combination with synthetic opiates that the doctor prescribes me.

I'm still looking for CBD/CBG genetics and I'm also thinking about growing some opium myself to get away from the pills. But I have to read up first and see if that helps at all with extremely strong pain?

I remember orange bud fondly. Great taste and a happy loved up anti anxiety dance weed.

I grew some poppies and combined the scrape with some hash and It was great for sleeping and numbing but a dark unsustanable habit, after a few days of which i was happy i'd smoked it all as it had zero euphoria to it.

I like your open source approach with our beloved herb. Something i share too.

Plookerkingjon

It's starting to hit me more and more and more as I walk into any kind of establishment that sells us things we can eat that I'm going to try and be kind with this ratio, I'm going to say 75% of the places we go to shop at or selling Us Poison refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and now you need to have a degree in shopping so that you don't poison yourself in your family unknowingly great post Patty

[Maschinenhaus]

Fructose - The Silent Killer

I only use sugar in the espresso, but otherwise I use honey far less than I used to. Apple chips that my mother makes, only a handful on bike tours. Fructose is underestimated and is everywhere.

The sugar content in our food is a growing problem. But sugar is not just sugar. The metabolic pathway of fructose differs significantly from that of other types of sugar and leads to a multitude of negative consequences for the organism.

Until recently, fructose was seen as the solution to all the problems associated with regular sugar consumption. This is because fructose is transported into the cells without the presence of insulin. This led to the assumption that fructose was particularly diabetic-friendly and table sugar was replaced by fructose in special diabetic foods. Nowadays, however, there are a number of study results that demonstrably refute the supposedly positive effect of fructose.

Thanks to its low price, high sweetening power and good technological properties, fructose is ideal for use in industrially produced drinks, ready meals, baked goods etc. This form of fructose is usually made from corn or wheat starch, which is why it is often found in the form of corn syrup in the ingredients list again. There is also a lot of fructose behind terms such as fructose-glucose syrup, invert sugar syrup or isoglucose. Likewise, honey and agave syrup mainly consist of fructose.

What can I cook or bake myself from products that are grown regionally.

St. Phatty

It's starting to hit me more and more and more as I walk into any kind of establishment that sells us things we can eat that I'm going to try and be kind with this ratio, I'm going to say 75% of the places we go to shop at or selling Us Poison refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and now you need to have a degree in shopping so that you don't poison yourself in your family unknowingly great post Patty

I think it's different for different ages.

Silicon Valley runs on Blood Sugar Abuse.

It didn't bother me then. I would get up in the morning, drink a pint of sugar with honey.

Of course I would burn off the sugar - going to swim a mile somewhere.

[Maschinenhaus]

Silicon Valley runs on Blood Sugar Abuse.

In my days at P&G or Audi, my favorite place was the espresso machine and the vending machines for snacks. Since I hardly ever drank alcohol and almost never smoked cigarettes, that went well. At that time weight training was popular here, we were all little Arnolds and so it went quite well with burning calories.

I realized even before the accident that I had to change something and started to eat no more sweets and convenience foods. I learned to cook early on from the women in my family and everything is made by myself.

My real drug is cheese or nuts, I can hardly keep up with burning calories, luckily my girlfriend is much younger than me.

[Maschinenhaus]

I live right next door to a place called Cheese Traders I share blood supply with that store

We still have goats and sheep, completely my mother did not want to give up, there used to be 120 cattle only for the production of milk.

Cheese she makes from the goat and sheep milk, my wives do not like it, except my youngest loin fruit, she comes after me. 17 she has become....., I'm getting sentimental.

I raised Lolita with the bottle, like a dog she listens to words. She likes to eat my cannabis leaves, she is the only goat that does that, it makes me think.

Lolita.JPG

Plookerkingjon

I grew up on a dairy farm there's nothing like hand churn butter, but I learned after 20 years of being on the property and on the farm that certain domesticated animals when they're around intelligent human beings that only show them love and affection we don't understand it in our species how sentient some animals are I don't think

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Maschinenhaus you are lucky to be alive after that bad accident. I love your story. I believe in my heart that riding a bicycle can make a person strong after a major trauma. If it were not for my bike I would be a bent-over old man that couldn't get off the couch. Since I'm not allowed to drive an auto I have to use my bike to get around locally. To be honest I love riding every day I can. Look at the basic benefits for seniors riding bicycles.

Cycling for seniors and weight loss

Cycling is great for your heart

It is also great for memory

A good way to reduce the risk of cancer

Riding is a great way to exercise with fellow seniors

Cycling is good for your sex life

Great for body strength

Improves balance​

Cycling will help you live longer

Cycling is fun

Give it a try and you will be glad you did. Riding a bike today can be just as fun as it used to be when you were a kid. It's a good investment for the future. 😎

JeffWix67

I do not consume much sugar at all...I do not eat candy, drink soda, eat fast food, smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol etc...I eat at home, all meals prepared by me and I do not shop at any stores for food...just my neighbors organic farm market...and I just drink water.
Every morning, I am in the barn by 7am...I have to get feed and hay ready for 15-20 horses...muck all the stalls and clean the water buckets...while I am bringing them in to eat I am selecting the 5 that I need to ride that morning. I begin to groom the first two I am going to ride. I leave on the first horse by 8 am...I usually do at least 5 miles each horse at a trot with some cantering and hill work...I am usually done by 200pm and I then will work 1 or 2 horses doing ground work training or round penning...then I put out hay in the paddocks and go in and eat until night when I go out and put out more hay and check on the water...I smoke weed all day long while doing this...this is just the winter schedule...throw mowing and trimming in there as well as cutting and baling hay...I do this 7 days a week...I'm 55...I've tried to hire people to help me...but it is too much for them.
That is my daily exercise regimen and rides.

In 2004 I was severely injured doing what is called a Steeplechase...it was pouring rain for days, but they did not cancel...at some point me and another rider funneled down to jump over a coop at the same time, collided in the air which threw my horse off, who slipped on his fronts when he landed and went down on his side and back sliding through the wet grass, thus crushing me in the process. I lost my left kidney due to compressing it and then it blowing up, giving me what is called hydronephrosis.

Daily exercise, routine, and healthy eating is what keeps me up n going...PTSD does not bother me much anymore as it seems now another lifetime ago when I was in the Army...13 years 1985-1998...I'm too busy at home to sweat anything about anything...but if I go out in public and let shit start to bother me or annoy me...that switch will flip...and I will become the most irrational person you have ever seen...that is why I do not get out much.

Daily routines and strict schedules are how I stay healthy and PTSD free.
Horses are great therapy for PTSD, special needs, trauma, elderly etc.
PXL_20221016_215734609.jpg
PXL_20221016_215536606.jpg

Plookerkingjon

I do not consume much sugar at all...I do not eat candy, drink soda, eat fast food, smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol etc...I eat at home, all meals prepared by me and I do not shop at any stores for food...just my neighbors organic farm market...and I just drink water.
Every morning, I am in the barn by 7am...I have to get feed and hay ready for 15-20 horses...muck all the stalls and clean the water buckets...while I am bringing them in to eat I am selecting the 5 that I need to ride that morning. I begin to groom the first two I am going to ride. I leave on the first horse by 8 am...I usually do at least 5 miles each horse at a trot with some cantering and hill work...I am usually done by 200pm and I then will work 1 or 2 horses doing ground work training or round penning...then I put out hay in the paddocks and go in and eat until night when I go out and put out more hay and check on the water...I smoke weed all day long while doing this...this is just the winter schedule...throw mowing and trimming in there as well as cutting and baling hay...I do this 7 days a week...I'm 55...I've tried to hire people to help me...but it is too much for them.
That is my daily exercise regimen and rides.

In 2004 I was severely injured doing what is called a Steeplechase...it was pouring rain for days, but they did not cancel...at some point me and another rider funneled down to jump over a coop at the same time, collided in the air which threw my horse off, who slipped on his fronts when he landed and went down on his side and back sliding through the wet grass, thus crushing me in the process. I lost my left kidney due to compressing it and then it blowing up, giving me what is called hydronephrosis.

Daily exercise, routine, and healthy eating is what keeps me up n going...PTSD does not bother me much anymore as it seems now another lifetime ago when I was in the Army...13 years 1985-1998...I'm too busy at home to sweat anything about anything...but if I go out in public and let shit start to bother me or annoy me...that switch will flip...and I will become the most irrational person you have ever seen...that is why I do not get out much.

Daily routines and strict schedules are how I stay healthy and PTSD free.
Horses are great therapy for PTSD, special needs, trauma, elderly etc. View attachment 18782909 View attachment 18782910
Nothing like leaving the milk and parlor back in 1988 Northern Vermont to hear your uncle go go grab Mike and Ike we're going logging team of Belgian draft horses that would do anything for a f****** Apple or a sugar cube

[Maschinenhaus]

three friends.jpg

Three, then one-year-old horses for the price of one, or just two have to go to the slaughterhouse? My youngest daughter was with me at the time, I had no chance and so I got three horses for the price of one, they were untrained horses.

I will never forget the look on my daughter's face, nor her handshake, she was 8 years old when we were at a sale show and she found out what was going to happen to the unsold horses.

Last edited:

[Maschinenhaus]

RUF porsche, yes that is a legend. I like the old naturally aspirated engines, turbo is not my world and there Porsche still leads with the best engines, followed by Audi and BMW. I love small light cars like Lotus Elise, I used to have it because I could never afford Porsche.