What's new

PTSD, Exercise and Weed

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I just got back from a night ride. One thing I can say is that my legs are still strong because when a large dog got after me tonight I punched it. Zero to 60 in 7 seconds and I may have smoked my tires.. I vaped some new Indica and I got spooked pretty good but had a blast. I wanted to test some new weed and get my exercise too.

One thing I noticed every time I ride my bike long distance I can pop my neck during the ride. Just like seeing a chiropractor, I get loud pops with instant relief. Maybe 5 or more loud pops at different places in my neck in both directions. All the tension and stress leave my body and I feel so much better after these natural adjustments. I don't know what it is or why it happens but it's a very good thing and my body loves it.

Winners never Quit!!😎
I always evaluate my new (and old) strains on my nightly walk. Nearly everything I vape or ingest is sativa so usually lots of energy, either euphoric or edgy, but still energetic.

I have pretty bad insomnia and often wake at 3-3:30AM. I used to lie there going over shit in my head, but you've inspired me, and now I often get up and go for a walk at that time. It's beautiful and quiet in the park I go to. I often see owls, fruit bats, and even microbats, foxes, and once a sugar glider (a marsupial that has webbing and glides). No one else around accept the other occasional insomniac.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
That's what I'm talking about Chi, breaking free from the little voice and all the shit in the head. That voice will talk my head off and if I listen to it I won't get anything done. Overeating, inactivity, and napping seem to be the result of listening to the little voice all the time. That little voice will talk to me all night long explaining what I need to do to survive and then want to sleep all day if I'm not careful. That voice can be like steam on a tea kettle and drive me nuts. It's mostly mental bullshit that never happens.

When a young K9 is full of energy if you don't exercise her she will chew things up and be disobedient. Its the same for me when my mind starts racing and causing problems it is an indication I need to get up and get out and exercise day or night. It doesn't have to be hard it can be just a little walk. After a while with a routine the little voice becomes quiet.
I win!😎

exoticrobotic

Exercise/yoga certainly can help still the mind.

A good friend once told me with voices in the head you must mediate, invite and appoint one of them as boss (you will know which one). He/She/It will then control the others.

ridoo

In other 'culture/world' they call it "the monkey we have inside us", we all have that monkey, for some of us it is very deep and nearly never take control, for others it can be variously influenced by situations/factors/substances/and so on... for others again the monkey is very much here and try to take control whenever he can... what does this "monkey" ? oh, it can make you being violent, being illogical, being frustrated about things he want do, or something done in the past, it can turn you sad for "nothing", or angry for "nothing", nothing that actually is happening here and now... but that "monkey" is also the part of us who respond to music, make us wake up and dance, walk in the woods, run outside, explore, search, and so on... it is kind of our "wild part" we need to educate on a daily basis, but not kill, only educate, give him place, space, some food, let him being from time to time, then he will be happy and let others parts take control, he is not bad, he often only need some care, dedicated time, creative activity, but he must not take control, this is not his job :).

St. Phatty

Exercise/yoga certainly can help still the mind.

A good friend once told me with voices in the head you must mediate, invite and appoint one of them as boss (you will know which one). He/She/It will then control the others.

I think Yoga & a hot bath, maybe a swim in the ocean, would have helped this couple ...

"GP Woman Jailed for Domestic Violence after Attacking Husband with Brick

A Grants Pass woman was jailed for domestic violence last night after she allegedly beat up her husband at a residence about four miles west of the city.

According to the Josephine County Sheriff's Office, 46-year-old Shannon Alice Masterson was arrested for the incident at a home in the 4400-block of Redwood Highway on Wednesday at about 10:30 p.m..

Deputies said a man called 9-1-1 that he was injured after his wife beat him up and tried to light him on fire. The victim stated she hit him in the face with a brick and was calling from a neighbor's house after he fled from the attack. He also said his wife was under influence of alcohol and drugs. He refused medical attention for a small laceration on his eyebrow.

Upon arrival, deputies interviewed both parties and photographed the man's injuries before placing Shannon Masterson into custody. She was lodged in the Josephine County Jail for 4th-Degree Domestic Assault."

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ya - people get crazy sometimes - often due to some sort of imbalance in brain chemistry - brought on by booze and/or other heavy drugs - combined with out of control emotional responses - and if there is some brick or a gun or knife around - or any sort of weapon - a deluded/violent person might well look to be using them - to perhaps make the greatest mistake of their lives - and it only takes a few seconds for someone to actually do that - leading to a life time of regrets - because its hard to build back - what has been destroyed -

- We should try our best to avoid such episodes - whether the victim - or the perpetrator - but that's really hard to do when it involves someone as close as a wife or husband -

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I remember having problems in relationships that I'm not proud of today. Doing stupid stuff on drugs and thinking I had everything under control. Getting locked up and other close calls The one thing I learned about myself was I always stay in bad relationships too long when I should have left. Those people in the story should have broken up long before now by choice because now they have to. Brings up bad memories but good feelings to because I don't live like that anymore. 😎

St. Phatty

Ya - people get crazy sometimes - often due to some sort of imbalance in brain chemistry - brought on by booze and/or other heavy drugs - combined with out of control emotional responses - and if there is some brick or a gun or knife around - or any sort of weapon - a deluded/violent person might well look to be using them - to perhaps make the greatest mistake of their lives - and it only takes a few seconds for someone to actually do that - leading to a life time of regrets - because its hard to build back - what has been destroyed -

- We should try our best to avoid such episodes - whether the victim - or the perpetrator - but that's really hard to do when it involves someone as close as a wife or husband -

Rural America seems to be in a state of Slow Motion Civil War.

or maybe it's just Rural Oregon ?

I knew Julie Names. Her and Travis came to my house 2 times, once to help with house-cleaning, once to help with landscaping.

Then, about 5 months into the Covid lockdowns, Travis shot & killed Julie. But he was instantly remorseful, so he drove her to the ER, where she died, and he currently resides in prison.

They were "on the edge" financially before Covid, and then the lockdowns came and their income dried up.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Types of Suffering
the suffering physical and emotional discomfort and pain all humans experience in their lives.
the suffering of change.
the suffering of living with what you don't want to live with.

Non-acceptance is the root of suffering.

Suffering is the catalyst for behaviors or why we do what we do. Suffering arises because of the non-acceptance of the way it is in the present moment. Refusing to comply with the Universal Laws always will manifest itself in time, like the above story. When the laws are pushed the Universe shows us our flaws through the final effect of our actions. Gunshots or prisons are the final outcomes for someone refusing to comply with the Way it is. We are all brought to justice by our own actions sooner or later and learn to comply one way or another. 😎

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Non-acceptance of what? What Universal law do we refuse to accept?

Non-acceptance of impermanence is the root of all suffering. The problem with holding on to things tightly is when it's time to let go, if I don't let go I will suffer more. Old age, illness, and death are permanent internal fears we all carry deep inside of us, knowing that it is just a matter of time before they come calling. When one is young, and strong spirit he or she doesn't have to worry about those things. However, it's just a matter of time before the youngster grows older and learns the truth because youth is impermanent like everything else.

Acceptance of impermanence is where freedom from suffering truly comes from. When I can learn to accept everything the way it is in the "present moment" as being the way it is. Not wanting things to be different when they can't be different. Acceptance is the Key to all my problems. When I allow nature to be natural and do not expect or want it to be different, there's peace. When I fight the truth it weakens me because anything I fight weakens me. I can't change the law of impermanence and fighting it is suffering.

When it's time to let go - it's time to let go. 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Being in the present is great for general well being.

I just wish my back pain would let go and accept some impermanence too ;)
Sorry to hear your back is hurting you. Your back pain is the after-effect of an impermanent healthy one. Losing youth and falling ill comes in many disguises. Truth be known that is just the way it is. IF it could be fixed it would be, however, it's not and is something one has to live with. You can fight it or accept it as the way it is. Being handicapped is hard but fighting one's handicap makes everything harder in the end. "Acceptance with compassion" is our friend. Love yourself and be kind to your self friend because in the end, everything is impermanent. 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm not a Sage however, I'm at the end of my life and I'm physically handicapped. My experiences are what I have learned from and shared as coping skills for PTSD. Everybody has a story and ways they deal with stuff. Not being able to see or being locked in a wheelchair are common daily experiences some people have to endure in their lives. We don't look at old age and illness until it's put in our faces. I don't care who you are, it is just a matter of time before your story changes. 😎

Last edited:

St. Phatty

So what would you do if you were a Rural Leader ?

e.g. Police Person, County Commissioner, etc.

In the Summer - I would give the police a license to hand out single 10 mg doses of Valium, along with free passes to the local swimming pool.

Then have them visit all the citizens that have been previously arrested or trespassed from a neighbor's property, to see how they're doing.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I suffer only to the degree of my inner attachments. Practicing letting go and learning to do nothing can be hard sometimes. I'm so restricted when I attach to a negative thought or a belief about a person or a situation from the past and hold it in my heart. When I carry something around in my mind from the past it robs me of the present moment. The past doesn't exist in the present moment in reality unless I hold on to it in my mind, I think mentally letting go is the key to spiritual growth vs disciplined practices which are just a distraction forcing one to let go. If I'm suffering it's because I have an attachment to a person, place, or thing that is impermanent. Let go and let the universe be the way it is.

Let go or be dragged.
We are all doing hard time.
A winner never quits letting go. . 😎

Last edited:

Veggia farmer

Great thread Creeperpark!

- I exercise for at least 2 hours every day - often more with the 4mile walk and gym/swim - and I get a better buzz from it than any cannabis - occasionally I go training when I'm stoned - but find that I dont train as hard when inebriated on cannabis - the endorphins that my own brain releases after a good training session - give me such a great feeling of wellbeing and happiness - it just makes me want to train harder and harder - and so occasionally I do overtrain - and then my body aches alot - so I have to slow down a bit and take it easier for a day or two -

I can resonate with the occasionally overtraining. I sometimes push the body with work and workouts to the point were I get sick... Yeah yeah, I know take it easy and it wont happen but but but it happens.. Which leads me to the recover after work outs.

I know I recover better the days after hard work if I continue using my body ( so long Im not sick ofc), a little activity atleast. Not getting cold, so the body dont need to use enegry on heating too..

So the question, does any have a habit and maybe some good tips and tricks to recover better/faster?