What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Psychosis/Mental issues and Cannabis.

indica193

Sativas are for people like me that like some pep in their step. The only paranoia ive seen has is from folks who take in too much at once and thats completely subjective. Same with all drugs.
I grew a white widow and some other frrebies, most of them hybrids and skunk related.. I enjoyed my bagseed mom more than I did any of those freebies. I tried a again with an auto widow.. very nice yield ' grew her outdoors. nice smells , bag appeal , you name it.. I hated it, all my friends that smoked it where in high heavens. they asked me if I could buy more for them..
and it's not just paranoia.. just bad thoughts and restlesness . I couldnt read a damn sentence on the laptop
near psychosis. when I m sober I can pretty much ignore bad thoughts ..
on another note.. i never had a bad trip in my life on various psychedelics

RobFromTX

I grew a white widow and some other frrebies, most of them hybrids and skunk related.. I enjoyed my bagseed mom more than I did any of those freebies. I tried a again with an auto widow.. very nice yield ' grew her outdoors. nice smells , bag appeal , you name it.. I hated it, all my friends that smoked it where in high heavens. they asked me if I could buy more for them..
and it's not just paranoia.. just bad thoughts and restlesness . I couldnt read a damn sentence on the laptop
Lol youre talking about one strong ass strain. I can get restlessness too. I always try to quit smoking a couple hours before bed for that reason. But i know people that smoke every hour of their waking day with no problems

revegeta666

That's not because of sativas, it's because of high THC. Skunks are very strong, not everyone should be smoking high THC strains. Everyone's brain chemistry is different. I tend to avoid those strains as I often find the effects unpleasing.

I just sent my favorite mom for testing (indica) and it came back with barely 11% of THC. But I bet you wouldn't have those problems smoking a mild sativa either. There are many of them that have very gentle and "kind" effects.

RobFromTX

That's not because of sativas, it's because of high THC. Skunks are very strong, not everyone should be smoking high THC strains. Everyone's brain chemistry is different. I tend to avoid those strains as I often find the effects unpleasing.

I just sent my favorite mom for testing (indica) and it came back with barely 11% of THC. But I bet you wouldn't have those problems smoking a mild sativa either. There are many of them that have very gentle and "kind" effects.
Same here. I prefer central american sativas for their gentle loving nature. Most of my friends clowned on me the first time i grew panama from ace seeds, "Why are you growing something low grade" "This shit looks like mids to me". Then when they actually tried it most of them started growing it themselves. Not to mention warting me about buying some off me or trading.

indica193

thats a good point.
I remember my frist grow 2014 urban guerilla in buckets.. 8 week flowering strain, I let her go 9 just because I was a little paranoid fresh out of jail (not from smoking) .. anyway it threw some nanners because it was rainy and cold.. maube too stressed.. adonno
the shit was absolutely hammering.. no bad thoughts, huuge appetite, sleepy as fuck couch potato.. and everyone that smoked it had the very same effects, these people were^are heavy smokers. bloodahot eyes , laughing like lazy fucks ..
absolutely zero anxiety on my part.. maube higher cbd levels in "indicas"?

awwc

If it's your experience, it is the truth for you.

I have found sativas or hazes like tom hill haze can let all manner of thoughts flow about which may normally be surpressed by societal pressures. They also bring about some pretty abstract thoughts.

To some people that can be like bordering on mental illness.

But it's why i seek these smokes out. It opens the mind fully...

Sometimes if i find a smoke to angsty i smear something with direct cbd receptor qualities - copaiba oil onto my skin. I find it can help flatten out a high a bit.
I don't think you read my post in full.

I am saying, these sativas/hazes etc. they are amazing indeed, when they are not amazing is when they get harvested too early which happens in this world where greed is a big factor.

awwc

thats a good point.
I remember my frist grow 2014 urban guerilla in buckets.. 8 week flowering strain, I let her go 9 just because I was a little paranoid fresh out of jail (not from smoking) .. anyway it threw some nanners because it was rainy and cold.. maube too stressed.. adonno
the shit was absolutely hammering.. no bad thoughts, huuge appetite, sleepy as fuck couch potato.. and everyone that smoked it had the very same effects, these people were^are heavy smokers. bloodahot eyes , laughing like lazy fucks ..
absolutely zero anxiety on my part.. maube higher cbd levels in "indicas"?
It's literally just ripe resin vs unripe resin, it's like eating a apple that is unripe vs a fully ripe apple. Your stomach might get upset, same with resin but then it's not your stomach but your brain.

Last edited:

awwc

Aged resin is a smoother ride but i wouldnt say early harvested weed causes psychosis or the resin/rosin harvested from it.
I am not saying that smoking a haze that whould get harvested at week 13 but gets harvested at week 10 three weeks too soon is going to give you insta psychosis. I'm saying prolonged use of it will overtime induce it.

I think people that smoke those super white rosins always have some issues after years of use mentally somehow, it's literally unripe resin. Like I think a big reason why GMO is so popular is A. yes it dumps but B. the terps you get at week 9 are so good that you are not inclined to let it flower to week 11 which is when GMO actually should get harvested, what week 9 resin is so white custies love it and terps are loud too.

Just my 2 cents.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
f**k sativas. long ass flowering times for shitty yields .. If I want to xperice something special I ll go git myself to the myco jar thnk you v much
Yes they do take a long time to flower but they make up for that with their yield's (generally).
After almost 50 yrs of getting high I much prefer the effects of a well cured Sat to a hybrid.
I guess it's "horses for courses" 😊
f**k sativas. long ass flowering times for shitty yields .. If I want to xperice something special I ll go git myself to the myco jar thnk you v much

Cerathule

This has been studied and is easy to find online. THC can trigger schizophrenia and psychosis symptoms quicker in people who are already prone to these illnesses. This predisposition is inherited from your parents and the symptoms usually present themselves before 30 years old.

THC has a biphasic effect which means that the effects can be different or even opposite depending on the dose. So is psylocybin and so is Ketamine and that's why all these substances are used in therapy in microdoses. Because while microdosing causes the desired effect, a bigger dose can have an unwanted/opposite effect.

This also applies to people with anxiety. The bigger the amount of THC, more probable it is to give anxiety to people who are prone to it. The same with other stimulant as amphetamines (or even coffee lmao)

Rosin is a concentrated product that is a lot higher in THC than flower. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why rosin made with 25% THC strains could trigger mental issues sooner, than 8% THC flower let's say, in people who have this predisposition.

ANd that's without even getting into strains. Some sativas are more psychoactive, some are lysergic, some are relaxing, some are electric, some are blissful, some are "cold", and a long etcetera. There's a whole world of effects outside of cookies.

Harvesting a plant 2 weeks too soon will give the buds a somewhat speedier effect, but calling this the reason for triggering a mental illness is ludicrous and clueless.
I disagree. First off, you talk about THC but it has 0 to do with THC. I have a cultivar here that tested 15% THC but the high will only last 2 hours, it actually feels like smoking some whatever, I mean I never smoked hemp or birdfood but this is what I envision it should feel like. A really disappointing high. It not strong at all I mean I can smoke 2-3 grams pure in a bong or purepipe and it doesn't do much at all. Same is with these THC medications (Dronabinol) which some of my pals at the CCC do get, it's not the same as smokingh a good weed. I didn't trust my eyes when the lab results came in. But so say the report. I would have put that to 2-4%. But it's 15% THC. I just threw it away, 400gr of weed. Not even worth to make anything out of it when secondary cannabinoid profile is inferior to the point of worthlessness.

In my opinion it's about the other substances that is present alongside THC, and these can be up to over well 100 psychoactive compounds, all having a modulating effect on the high. Strains with onyl 10% THC can be a 6h journey, THC doesn't say anything except for general levels of cannabinoids and terpenes raised alongside potency. But even then there is individual tolerance. We always have these newbs coming in our club to check out a blunt for their first time, many, really many, get a horror trip even when only just nipping on some of the joints being passed around. Some of them have to be taken to the side and stay there for hours. It's like 10-15 people make a joint with their own stuff, and these get passed around. And then I also feel a real new level of high that doesn't meet with any experience I have from my own strains. These I can smoke pure in a bong 10gr each day, mourning through evening, and do sports. But any new MJ I gotta be careful, it may just blow my mind. My pals at the CCC are friend, so it's no problem to go on a MJ binge. But sometimes they say, bro, it really knocked a screw out you just talked nonsense like a crazy person. AndI felt, too. But I had no control over what I did. Completely different as my own stuff where I exactly know which strain to smoke when, and how much. It's extremely nice to know the effect beforeahead, and bad to not know it. I couldn't drive a car after the weekly CCC, not at all.

I'd blanketly say all drugs are damaging to the brain in some way or form, as just the neurons want to stay in a balanced state, but then drugs take this balance away. Not only drugs, alot of emotions can do that, that's why people can get addicted to specific play. It's just their brain fooling them. And exitotoxicity with high THC has also been proven scientifically. It's the lack of CBD, or other substances, that causes this.

Early cuted brazil wild-type cannabis left me with a psychotic, non-positive high, I can only use that to mix with an indica. We still need to learn much about the effects of some cannabinoidic interactions

revegeta666

First off, you talk about THC but it has 0 to do with THC.

These quotes are from the 3 first papers I found online in 30 seconds. You can find them for yourself very easily.

these data suggest that only low doses of THC have beneficial effects on behavioral, neurochemical and electrophysiological correlates of schizophrenia symptoms.

A high dose of the primary psychoactive constituent of cannabis, Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) (Mechoulam et al., 1970), is associated with anxiogenic responses, whereas a lower dose of THC is anxiolytic (Childs et al., 2017), exemplifying the need for research that emphasizes and compares dose-dependent effects of THC in cannabis. Indeed, depending on the individual, variations in dose or method of consumption may provoke an unexpected response that can result in unpleasant, or potentially more serious, mental health risks such as anxiety disorders or psychosis
If a paper says "A high dose of the primary psychoactive constituent of cannabis, Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)", that means they are not using buds or rosin or whatever for their study, but rather THC in pure form.

Other risk factors for progression to schizophreniaspectrum disorders include early onset of cannabis use, early age of first psychotic episode, longer period of cannabis use, and higher THC dose [26•, 34, 37••]. Perhaps the most important factor is continued use (or relapse) after the first psychotic episode; the risk of developing a chronic psychotic disorder is substantially reduced if abstinence is achieved and sustained after the first episode of CIP [34,36]. ...

All these studies mention the biphasic effect of THC (see my previous post) and how the dosing can have different even opposite effects. Also the direct correlation between high doses of THC and onset of psychosis and schizophrenia in people who are prone to these illnesses.

That said I agree with your point that there are a lot more substances than THC in weed and all of them must contribute in some way or another to the final result although we are far from knowing how all this shit works.

Last edited: