What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Psychosis/Mental issues and Cannabis.

awwc

This is my personal opinion/experience etc. in no way is this ''official'' although I personally think it's 100% the truth.

I will keep it short because I know long walls of text don't get read.

Basically, smoking unripe resin is what causes this, in my experience, smoking hash rosin that has been made from plants often harvested week 6-7, this is very common for hash rosin as customers like a lighter color rosin, is a big mistake.

Unripe resin causes you to get paranoid and eventually if you smoke a lot of it end up in a temporary state of psychosis.

I still whole heartedly believe the main reason people get ''paranoid'' when smoking ''sativas'' is that the people smoke sativas that get harvested way too early, it's all about ripeness of the resin.

My 2 cents although I really think it's 100% accurate.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Think on.

I have noticed that harvesting early leads to a less sedative high.

I should add that I don't grow pure sativas because we are all born with an expiration date and I don't want to spend fifty percent more time yielding sixty percent of what would be uncomfortable to smoke.

awwc

Again it's the too early harvest on said ''sativas''/ plants that need to go at least 13 weeks in flower but get chopped 2 and a half weeks too early I'm talking about.

Same goes for Hash Rosin.

exoticrobotic

I personally think it's 100% the truth.
If it's your experience, it is the truth for you.

I have found sativas or hazes like tom hill haze can let all manner of thoughts flow about which may normally be surpressed by societal pressures. They also bring about some pretty abstract thoughts.

To some people that can be like bordering on mental illness.

But it's why i seek these smokes out. It opens the mind fully...

Sometimes if i find a smoke to angsty i smear something with direct cbd receptor qualities - copaiba oil onto my skin. I find it can help flatten out a high a bit.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
there are very wide range of what we can call sativa or tropical cultivar effect.

it can be lazy chill out red eye effect or it can be heartbeating electric effect. it can be peaceful meditative effect or energetic rocket effect. psychedelic effect, happy vibes effect, scary effect, hypnotic dreamy effect, euphoric effect or nerve shaking trance effect, their combinations and much more...

some people when they get some heart beating are okay with it or like it like me, some people get panic and call ambulance :D it depends on state of their mind before smoking.

smoking too much will always cause some problems, brain has its limits and capacity. thats why it has to be trained for high doses..

unripe resin is like unripe apples, will cause some problems :D

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
there is certain unease, anxiety and discomfort in feeling when strong psychedelic weed is used, it is natural and it is at using every entheogen, at mescalin or ayahusca it is more drastic than at cannabis... this kind of unease has its origin in the process called desintegration of concsiousness, or better, of its system, from Freud, but even before him, we know that system is doubled. ego and id.. and consciousness is moving on scale between them and we know that if it gets too close to id or instinctivity, consciousness panics and try to escape from it - thats what we call psychosis, so you see it has similar properties -, as uncouscious assimilation, gettting lost in deepness of uncosciousness is death for consciousness, only solution is assimilation of unconscious contents into consciousness and thats why we use entheogens, when we let unconscious contents enter our consciousness at certain condition, which is called simulation, it makes unconscious contents more sofe and easier to absorbe it... thats why some psychiatrists call effect of LSD a simulation of psychosis as ti really has some similar traits, but they dont take value in assumption in this case, if value is positive or negative... if it is positive, we call it psychedelic experience.

never forget history of psychology and mainly clinical psychiatry, where is clear that all terms(including term psychosis) were based on observing of desocialized individuals, which were diagnosed as ill in deviation from norms of behaviour in certain society. madhouses are relatively new thing in human history, before that "fools" lived with "normals" together in European culture, and for example in Japanese culture there are different norms, so deviation from them is also different.

stay high.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
there is certain unease, anxiety and discomfort in feeling when strong psychedelic weed is used, it is natural and it is at using every entheogen, at mescalin or ayahusca it is more drastic than at cannabis... this kind of unease has its origin in the process called desintegration of concsiousness, or better, of its system, from Freud, but even before him, we know that system is doubled. ego and id.. and consciousness is moving on scale between them and we know that if it gets too close to id or instinctivity, consciousness panics and try to escape from it - thats what we call psychosis, so you see it has similar properties -, as uncouscious assimilation, gettting lost in deepness of uncosciousness is death for consciousness, only solution is assimilation of unconscious contents into consciousness and thats why we use entheogens, when we let unconscious contents enter our consciousness at certain condition, which is called simulation, it makes unconscious contents more sofe and easier to absorbe it... thats why some psychiatrists call effect of LSD a simulation of psychosis as ti really has some similar traits, but they dont take value in assumption in this case, if value is positive or negative... if it is positive, we call it psychedelic experience.

never forget history of psychology and mainly clinical psychiatry, where is clear that all terms were based on observing of desocialized individuals, which were diagnosed as ill in deviation from norms of behaviour in certain society. madhouses are relatively new thing in human history, before that "fools" lived with "normals" together in European culture, and for example in Japanese culture there are different norms, so deviation from them is also different.

stay high.

To a point I really agree.... but I get distant from your logic when I consider that there isn't LSD that doesn't make you feel that anxiety.

There are varieties of cannabis that don't cause the same unease that the varieties of cannabis you speak of actually achieve.

revegeta666

This has been studied and is easy to find online. THC can trigger schizophrenia and psychosis symptoms quicker in people who are already prone to these illnesses. This predisposition is inherited from your parents and the symptoms usually present themselves before 30 years old.

THC has a biphasic effect which means that the effects can be different or even opposite depending on the dose. So is psylocybin and so is Ketamine and that's why all these substances are used in therapy in microdoses. Because while microdosing causes the desired effect, a bigger dose can have an unwanted/opposite effect.

This also applies to people with anxiety. The bigger the amount of THC, more probable it is to give anxiety to people who are prone to it. The same with other stimulant as amphetamines (or even coffee lmao)

Rosin is a concentrated product that is a lot higher in THC than flower. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why rosin made with 25% THC strains could trigger mental issues sooner, than 8% THC flower let's say, in people who have this predisposition.

ANd that's without even getting into strains. Some sativas are more psychoactive, some are lysergic, some are relaxing, some are electric, some are blissful, some are "cold", and a long etcetera. There's a whole world of effects outside of cookies.

Harvesting a plant 2 weeks too soon will give the buds a somewhat speedier effect, but calling this the reason for triggering a mental illness is ludicrous and clueless.

This is my personal opinion/experience etc. in no way is this ''official'' although I personally think it's 100% the truth.
Even if you post this 1000 more times, it will still be the wrong opinion from an inexperienced person.