What's new

Project EDEN - the COCO-COOP

B

bonecarver_OG

the kitty-litter sand - or cat-sand as i say - i u se in the soil mix is really just crushed meerschaum (Mg4Si6O15(OH)2·6H20) - i had a closer look today.

as you can see its REALLY quite an interesting combo - i wonder though if all that magnesium, silicon and other goodies are going to be available to the plants.. this far atleast its not hurting them :D

going to prepare for a transplant today - got some coco bricks in soaking rigth now..

also got 25x 1liter pots to prepare :D

lets see how far i get..

in a few days i will buy more suplies..

peace all!!

B

bonecarver_OG

found 5 more 1 liter pots and also i filled up a whole bunch (13) of 6,5 liter pots..

B

bonecarver_OG

wont transplant today - it got too late and the small pots the seedlings are in are still really wet - and its not really a good idea to transplant rigth now..

tomorow...

anyway - seems i got enough pots with soil(/coco mix to transplant a great part of all the seedlings.

also im really happy to report a very few of some interesting sativas are going for it - slowly at the moment since they are far from the light - but soon enough they are going to be big enough to transplant also.. worth mentioning as nice examples are some el peten and verde limon but honestly they are all quite small still..

Last edited:

patolunga2

hello there bone!!! im so glad to stop by a lil..

nice looking veg plants and also the ones flowering!!
that ones in guerrilla looks so nice! as bacchus said is karma back :D :jump:

those sshxptk looks really healty!! happpy growing on them!!

hello there bacchus! :jump:

buenos humos y suerte!!

patolunga!

patolunga2

hello there bone!!
amazing guerrilla harvest my friend!! looks so tasty and properly flowered!! :jump: can you tell me what genetic are those great buds? looks killer!

:rasta:

happy smoke test on those!! :rasta:

un abrazo!

patolunga.

B

bonecarver_OG

thanks mate :D

that one is our alltime keeper - i have been holding on the her almost as long as i have been growing. the cross is a SSH x PTK - made by CLONEMAN. its really a great expression of a hybrid, and certainly a keeper we will do anything not to loose. ever. i allways keep a couple of clones and moms of her as back-up.

the smell is strong and pungent, from spicy to ripe fruity hints. it also got some almost spicy and gunpowdery hints to her. earlier on the smell is more acidic and gets sweet when maturing.

the taste is sweet and spicy. not really fruity that much. more of hints of spice like ginger. (gengibre) sometimes the flavour is almost acidic like grapefruity (pomelo).

the high is one of those that overpower any other bud you might have smoked at the time - its potent. some people get into a coma-state when smoking it. for a more seasoned smoker its still one od those that will make u go to bed with your head spinning.

in colder temps she gets really dark purple leafs.

in one outdoor grow we extracted from a bit mouldy bud a butane oil - that in weigth % was around 25% of plant weigth. its very resinous when things go well :D

as you can see its a favourite plant of mine. im not saying its the holy grail, but its a smoke everyone likes, and one of those you can pull out to impress anyone. i have been holding on to her for soon 5 years. i have friends coming regularly every spring to get clones of her. the popularity is getting bigger - and we decided to limit the amount for the moment - since its not really what i want to do - even thought the contributions they make keep the project thru hard moments...

i have had seeds of the same batch saved and its not untill now i have decided to plant them.

we really hope for a male to re-produce her :D and work on her. a ssh/ptk x ssh/ptk with constant nice result would be fun..

also i got in my collection a gift from cloneman of seeds, made with the same SSH parent. this time with lovepotion. from there we can also look for a nice male with to work with. the fact its a 50% back cross in the parental line cold be interesting. the lovepotion side is interesting also - a very vigorous nicelly branching and productive cross, wich could bring something intersting into it. anyway our main aim is a male of SSH x PTK to keep this line going.

i would have uploaded a few pics of a couple of the plants of the same batch of seeds as the keeper - but untill that works (i cant upload or even see my gallery rigth now) i will do a short description.
3 of the plants have a nice indica structure. there is one more lanky one wich in hope is a male. the fact that tiny one has a nice amount of resin in the tip ( pic will come) for this early into flowering - it doesnt even have any signs of sexing yet but still ITS got resing starting to build up. promising? you bet!! i really hope its a male :D a really resinous one :D

i thought today i had only 3 plants all in all of the original batch growing - but i remembered one of them broke in transplant - i cut it up in 3 pieces - and now i got them rooting (2 rooted) - so really there is a bit more selection to have in mind of this one.

well - could go on talking about of her forever :D did i say when extracting BHO (butane oil) the resin extract gets rockhard and flakes into crystals when scraped with a razor :D it lookes nice and is easier to handle :D

hehe

peace!

patolunga2

hello there!
what can i say my friend!
for sure sound like a great plant!
wish you a lot of luck getting a male!! :jump:
hopping that the resin one be! :jump:
muy bella!

happy growing y buenos humos !!

patolunga!

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe :D yeah man :D that one im eagerly awaiting :D done by cloneman that one also :D

im going to pop the rest of the lovepotions of yours in the comming round of planting in a few months. its time once for and for all clean out that box of seeds :D

gotto prepare for new interesting things :D

tell me if you ever make more Super-G :D man that was tasty! such a special flavour :D

rootfingers

Bonecarver, here you have an excellent thread, excellent strains and excellent ic friends. Good for you! I will pop in here every now and then now that I am in coco too.

Have a good day.

B

bonecarver_OG

hi all :D wellcome rootfinger!

got a few confirmed females of the seedlings.

a DIVA G x Lovepotion of clonemans is one of them, besides her there is a few more but i cant honestly remember rigth now - ill check later or tomorow though.

the bad part is the SSH x PTK i was hoping for was a male IS NOT - it instead seems to be a very sativa dominant female pheno of the hybrid - it is very early to say anything yet - but even if she is just showing a few hairs she has got resin - the fact it looks completelly different to all the rest of the SSH X PTK makes it pretty interesting. so interesting i decided to veg her even more to make sure she is going to give a couple of nice buds for the test smoke.

the other 2 SSH x PTK's, a few Chunkbeki's, and what not are soon ready for flowering. i put also yesterday 2 CT x PTK to flower - they are almost identical besides fragrance. both self-topped themself and are very branchy - something that looks fun on so small plants. i hope to know soon what sex they are.

my plans to flower atleast a part of the seedlings under the HPS are crushed hehe - it will take some time before i can set that part up - but hopefully till Xmas i will have it sorted out. i really hope before.

i trasplanted few mexico verde limon and a thai mex banghi. most sativas are starting to grow quite quickly and its soon time to transplant the rest of them.

the first transplanted sativas i can propably soon transplant again. they are growing fast. i feel bad now i will have to flower them under fluoros, but what can i do....

peace all!

B

bonecarver_OG

darn .. sometimes things goes quicker than you think.. im rigth now setting up the HPS room. this weekend im going to finish it.

for me to build a growroom now means a slight bit mroe than ever before.. for example i need to build everything, even the door to the room.

there is just walls, no electrical set up or anything.

it really is a bit of a challenge. i learn a lot :D hehehe

tomorow i will buy extraction and plastic. coco also.

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

alrigth - i fixed up and pimped up the flowering room. its all in all about 2 x 2 meters - thats about 9x9 feet and got all fresh nice reflective black white plastic :D i also hang up my home made reflector with the 600W.

building the door was particularly messy. - just one tip - check ur wood for bent parts BEFORE u cut and mount it ;)

extraction will get bought in a few weeks. right now its getting apssivelly vented by the extraction from the vegroom, but the suction force is almsot non existant. going to look into getting a fan that will change the air in the room every 2-3 minutes.

i will move the whole bunch in there i think - in a few days wheni think the fluoros have done theirs. i will most likelly veg the plants under the HPS a little time - maybe one week or so. things are going quite quickly rigth now in the veg part - many plants have started growing fast... its time to put a big bunch to flower...

2 more confirmed females; 2 x Jamaica uzbekistan.

hehe :D just thinking of the size the plants can grow in the flowering room :D makes me very happy indeed :D now lets just see if in practise the theory gets confirmed :D

but really i think the extra heaf heigth will make for a better spread of light and a more even production, and also from the test today i think the home made reflector works much better than thought.. its basicly a copy (more or less) of the adjsut a wing design. this one does not have a regulable reflector , but then again i hardly think i will need that.

i think i got about (maybe) up to 20 plants ready for the HPS.

:D

S

suckerrepellent

some of the frostiest lookin outdoor buds i have seen! looking nice! and good luck on the new room construction

B

bonecarver_OG

also - since im stoned and philosophying now at 5 in the morning.. im thinking a bit about the 4 SSH x PTK's of the original batch..

really there is 3 phenos this far represented, and its like this; (2 because this is the 2nd round)
2A- lanky sativa looking in VEG
2B- columnar PTK like structure in VEG
2C- branching indica structure

the seedling that broke in transplant and got cloned is of same structure as the big quickest vegging branching indica like one.

the Jamaica x uzbekistan have 1 that have started to flower in a vigorous way, compared to the other that is a bit more slow in the onset.

the diva G x LP is showing quite sativa like structure. its tall and lanky, very similar to the jamaica uzbekistan.

the 2 last mentioned strains are most likelly going to be a bit non representative since they were put to flower very early. option is to veg them more, a desicion should be made soon... i seriously think i will put the sure females to veg more meanwhile the other unsexed plants are getting sexed. this could give them an aditional 2 weeks or so to gain size. since they are confirmed females its a very good option. the bigger they are before flowering the merrier :D

well :D gonna smoke and sleep.. ill post some pics soon i hope :D beeing very buzy latelly, between work and grow :D

but the most interesting part is yet to come :D

peace all!

Latest posts

Latest posts