What's new

Problems with 6 kw. WiFi and bubba

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I'm feeling a transplant may be in order as well. I water 2x a day so they don't dry out. Medium EC is definitely way too low. Canna states 1.0-1.3 for medium EC. Pushing my runoff back to 10%

There are LOTS of guys that use no runoff in coco, don't worry about going to no runoff mate:tiphat:

bikhomes

i'm in coco, zero runoff (drip clean at 1ml/gal), works great.

seems like 1.0 ec is pretty low with supplemented co2 and that much light. i'm at 2.3 ec (botanicare kind) and plants are happy.

bikhomes

no, 4th week of bloom. veg i was using maxibloom at around 1.3 ec (plants were smaller than op's though) with kind i would probably start at around 1.5

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
hey,
runoff at 10% is a good start...
id also drop your co2 to 800 ppm for now
i proposed to water once a day till you see progress, but you might be right that twice would be better with the root mass you got going... all depends on how dry the coco would get
and the reason i said it is to let it go from wettish to moist.. they also look over watered that was the main reason...
yeah get your medium ec up to around 1.2..
i wouldnt transplant now as that be stressing the girls again
you will see a improvement in a few days im sure.. once they reach for the light again then you can think of transplanting, upping your co2 and what not..
good luck!

Gdood9

hey,
runoff at 10% is a good start...
id also drop your co2 to 800 ppm for now
i proposed to water once a day till you see progress, but you might be right that twice would be better with the root mass you got going... all depends on how dry the coco would get
and the reason i said it is to let it go from wettish to moist.. they also look over watered that was the main reason...
yeah get your medium ec up to around 1.2..
i wouldnt transplant now as that be stressing the girls again
you will see a improvement in a few days im sure.. once they reach for the light again then you can think of transplanting, upping your co2 and what not..
good luck!

Unfortunately my controller can only go as low as 1000ppm. I tried only watering once a day but they can't make it past 16 hours without another watering. I did go down to almost no runoff though and I am seeing a slight improvement as I have also upped my EC to 1.2. I have to wait a few days to transplant anyway as I need a bunch of bags of coco and I've gotta get paid first...damn money. There's only a couple that look as curled and yellow anymore, but still far too light. They're still not perfect though. Still seeing iron deficiencies and yellowing. Curl seems to be getting better on most of the bubba's. One of the them took off over the last few days since changing my runoff and EC and she's looking nice.

Gdood9

There are LOTS of guys that use no runoff in coco, don't worry about going to no runoff mate:tiphat:

I will know better in a few days but they have already responded very well to almost no runoff. I believe you are 100% correct about the CEC being out of whack. When I was was a soil grower years ago I always used humates to make sure I had a good buffer and maintained a proper CEC in the medium. Thank you.

I'd like to say thanks to everyone else for helping too. You have all had good insight. Right now I'm going with little to no runoff, 1.2 EC, 5.8 PH, 20/4 lighting. I am definitely seeing an improvement and will keep updating this thread. I will probably have more pics tomorrow or the next day.

Gdood9

Good to hear! How big of containers are you going to transplant up to and why?:biggrin:

Minimum of 3 gals, probably 5 gal. They're drying out in almost under 12 hours now and the root ball is pretty much one solid mass. I will be flowering 2-3 plants per light so I need some big girls.

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
nice man,
glad things are smoothing out...
try and be flexible with the ph of your solution.. doesnt have to be 5.8 every time..
+/- .2 up to.4 is totaly fine and yeah you dont need to go bigger than 3 gallons if your feeding 2 a day... perfect size id say
bless

Gdood9

Everything is looking a lot better. One wifi is a bit yellow still. I'm out of town right now so I'll post some pics on Monday when I'm back. Went up to 5 gals and they're already dominating the medium. I'm flowering two per light so I need a lot of medium.

Gdood9

Totally forgot to update. Everything looks great, they just needed a transplant desperately. I'm in 10 gals each now and about 4 weeks into flower. Here's a pic from a few weeks ago.

picture.php

shredGnar

I would ditch the burner and get tanks man..

Even with the high altitude jetting my burner was killing my plants for a long time and I had no idea the reason. Talk about frustrating

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=236262&page=38

Look at posts 569 and 570...

It's possible your vented hoods are bringing in enough fresh o2 so that the ethylene is not an issue but I would not risk it... I think there is something to do with living at altitude, as I see you do, and having trouble with propane burners..

Gdood9

I haven't had any problems since the transplant. I couldn't even jam my finger through the root ball it was so dense.

My burner gives a real nice blue flame and only turns on 2-3 times an hour and for maybe a minute at the time...max. I used to use tanks but I really don't like how often I had to refill them. The ease of the burner is pretty nice. I really can't complain besides the plants are too big and I don't have anymore ceiling height.

shredGnar

I haven't had any problems since the transplant. I couldn't even jam my finger through the root ball it was so dense.

My burner gives a real nice blue flame and only turns on 2-3 times an hour and for maybe a minute at the time...max. I used to use tanks but I really don't like how often I had to refill them. The ease of the burner is pretty nice. I really can't complain besides the plants are too big and I don't have anymore ceiling height.

True that bro!

Yes I also hate how often I must change tanks but I was getting disastrous results with my burner. Got rid of it and put in tanks and everything did a 180 over night.

If it's working for you keep it up bro..!!