What's new

Problems with 6 kw. WiFi and bubba

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
it's crazy. but that's what the plants are saying. i bet they turn around once you start giving them less. it might not be everything in your nutes, might just be one particular element they don't require as much of. for instance some plants are real light on N and real heavy on P even in veg.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Don't flush! Your ec is already LOW. Feed at 1.0 ec while you figure this out. The only thing I have is the cation balance was upset and now the plants will be whack until it resets itself. You might want to post up in the infirmary section also as you aren't getting a lot of responses here.

theother

The look of the intervenal yellowed out mag def saggy plants looks familiar. Has the same environment worked before?

Heimdallr

Hi mate.

How are you mixing your nutrients in the tank (what order) and what is your E.C/PPM?

Canna guides to a slurry test, if memory serves correct, is pretty much on the money dude.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I copied this : How to mix your water

H&G is always mixed in this order:
get some water (RO is best but at lease get the chlorine out)
mix in Part A or your base nute and wait for it to mix evenly
mix in Part B of your base nute and wait for it to mix once again
ph your solution (it will probably have to go up)
add all additives
dont fuck with it.
- Credit: Balazar

Seriously, don't fuck with it, and don't wait until after to do the pH. pH after adding and mixing A/B. If you put the additives in without pH'ing first the high acidity (mine comes down to 3.4-3.8 in RO water) will ruin the additive. I came across a post explaining why but it doesn't look like I saved it, when I dig it back up I'll quote it here.

I find myself having to add half-strength cal/mag through veg and beginning of stretch every other fill or so or I run into deficiencies using coco and RO. If you add cal/mag, add it first, then A, then B. Silica Blast, Pro-Tekt, or another silica product makes for a good pH up and a little silica is always a good thing.

Gdood9

How much calmag do you give them every watering? 100ppm/.2ec? or more?

Yes, 0.2 EC. I have occasionally bumped up to 0.3 EC though.

Hi mate.

How are you mixing your nutrients in the tank (what order) and what is your E.C/PPM?

Canna guides to a slurry test, if memory serves correct, is pretty much on the money dude.

Start with RO, mix in calmag, wait 15 min or more, mix in A, wait 15 min or more, mix in B, wait about 5-10 min and then ph. I then add my additives and leave it alone. I've been using house and garden for years.

A always has a slightly higher EC increase than B at the same volume. So my breakdown EC is this:

0.2 EC calimagic
0.5 EC Part A
0.3 EC Part B
This adds up to 1.0 EC and A and B are both added at the same volume as House and Garden requires. They just differ in EC.

At .25 tsp/gal calimagic, 1 tsp Part A, and 1 tsp Part B, I always come up with 1.0 EC. 1.1 EC if my measuring spoon is a bit over full.

PH is always between 5.8-6.0

I followed Canna's slurry test exactly as described.

I copied this : How to mix your water

H&G is always mixed in this order:
get some water (RO is best but at lease get the chlorine out)
mix in Part A or your base nute and wait for it to mix evenly
mix in Part B of your base nute and wait for it to mix once again
ph your solution (it will probably have to go up)
add all additives
dont fuck with it.
- Credit: Balazar

Seriously, don't fuck with it, and don't wait until after to do the pH. pH after adding and mixing A/B. If you put the additives in without pH'ing first the high acidity (mine comes down to 3.4-3.8 in RO water) will ruin the additive. I came across a post explaining why but it doesn't look like I saved it, when I dig it back up I'll quote it here.

I find myself having to add half-strength cal/mag through veg and beginning of stretch every other fill or so or I run into deficiencies using coco and RO. If you add cal/mag, add it first, then A, then B. Silica Blast, Pro-Tekt, or another silica product makes for a good pH up and a little silica is always a good thing.

This is exactly how I do it and been doing it for years.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Bummer, you seem to do everything right and this happens. Raise your ph up to 6.1-6.2 to help uptake of mag. I would also do a foliar of Epsom and a surfactant. Test on 1 plant to see if it works. Goodluck

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
yo,
sorry to hear you got problems..
like stihgnobevoli was saying deff got lockout going on..
but dont agree on overfeeding.. if you feed with 1.0
and your slury test is 0.3 then you are underfeeding
what sounds real strange is 40% runoff??
why.. thats more or less flushing... no wonder your Coco EC is at 0.3
it should be around 1.0-1.2
dripclean at .4ml/gallon is low, but id leave it out anyway till you see progress

IF your meters are callibrated then you need to be feeding around 1.2-1.4 to up the EC of the Coco, cause thats where the cation exchange happens.. no cations.. no anions.. no exchange
at 0.3 nothing is realy happening
i was talking to a friend the other day about RO and coco.. problems can occur with just RO... best i found was to do a mix of 50/50 with Tap to have a base ppm of around 100 mostly of Cal/Mag.. depending on your tap water. no need for callmag then
Not used House & Garden but with any nutrients if you go below ~4.5 whilst mixing it, elements can precipitate..
just feed with coco a&b for now
you need to water less, have MAX 10% runoff.. aim for less and
try only feeding once a day till you see progress - also mix your solution new every day till you see progress
Id go for 1.2 EC 5.8 PH and give your babies a foliar of the solution and a pinch of epsom salts..
do a slury in 2 days. the EC should have gone up and plants should bounce back

Heimdallr

Hi dude, you seem to be doing everything right and as stoned40years says you're adding the h&g line correctly (as much as it goes against everything I know it works though!! Lol) anyway, dare I say that it could actually be a problem not related to your nutrient regime?

Anything off gassing, are the root zone temps getting too low, sat in run off?

Or as blueberry says!!

Gdood9

Bummer, you seem to do everything right and this happens. Raise your ph up to 6.1-6.2 to help uptake of mag. I would also do a foliar of Epsom and a surfactant. Test on 1 plant to see if it works. Goodluck

Yes, this has been quite frustrating as I have never had these problems before. I tend to be very diligent and can be a perfectionist at times so this isn't easy. I appreciate your help very much.

yo,
sorry to hear you got problems..
like stihgnobevoli was saying deff got lockout going on..
but dont agree on overfeeding.. if you feed with 1.0
and your slury test is 0.3 then you are underfeeding
what sounds real strange is 40% runoff??
why.. thats more or less flushing... no wonder your Coco EC is at 0.3
it should be around 1.0-1.2
dripclean at .4ml/gallon is low, but id leave it out anyway till you see progress

IF your meters are callibrated then you need to be feeding around 1.2-1.4 to up the EC of the Coco, cause thats where the cation exchange happens.. no cations.. no anions.. no exchange
at 0.3 nothing is realy happening
i was talking to a friend the other day about RO and coco.. problems can occur with just RO... best i found was to do a mix of 50/50 with Tap to have a base ppm of around 100 mostly of Cal/Mag.. depending on your tap water. no need for callmag then
Not used House & Garden but with any nutrients if you go below ~4.5 whilst mixing it, elements can precipitate..
just feed with coco a&b for now
you need to water less, have MAX 10% runoff.. aim for less and
try only feeding once a day till you see progress - also mix your solution new every day till you see progress
Id go for 1.2 EC 5.8 PH and give your babies a foliar of the solution and a pinch of epsom salts..
do a slury in 2 days. the EC should have gone up and plants should bounce back

I agree with you on almost all points. My runoff is certainly too high, I also thought about dropping the Drip clean and cal mag. I used to use half ro, half tap but found ro with calmag gave me healthier plants. I was seeing a very slight calcium deficiency when they were very young using a half ro half tap mix.

The only part I don't agree with is dropping to watering to once a day. I normally would agree with you but my root balls are so well established that they would dry out if I left them for a whole day.

Funny thing is, they were looking pretty good at 1.2-1.4 EC, it was once they got that foliar and 1.6 EC feeding when things went down hill.

Hi dude, you seem to be doing everything right and as stoned40years says you're adding the h&g line correctly (as much as it goes against everything I know it works though!! Lol) anyway, dare I say that it could actually be a problem not related to your nutrient regime?

Anything off gassing, are the root zone temps getting too low, sat in run off?

Or as blueberry says!!

Root zone Temps are around 70. My room temps are quite stable. My water tends to be around 60-62 degrees. Sometimes as low as 56 degrees.

I've read other threads about co2 where ethyl gas is released if proper combustion does not occur with a burner but I have a nice blue flame on my generator.

I use a ultrasonic humidifier which uses .1-.2 EC tap water.

Everything that could off gas has been in the room for months.

JointOperation

i see this happen in smaller pots. transplant and feed normal.. also. coco . is supposed to stay more on the moist side.. not drying out often at all .

also like he said.. your ec is low.. .3 .. and ya. i wouldn't do 40% run off.. maybe 10-20%..

Gdood9

i see this happen in smaller pots. transplant and feed normal.. also. coco . is supposed to stay more on the moist side.. not drying out often at all .

also like he said.. your ec is low.. .3 .. and ya. i wouldn't do 40% run off.. maybe 10-20%..

I'm feeling a transplant may be in order as well. I water 2x a day so they don't dry out. Medium EC is definitely way too low. Canna states 1.0-1.3 for medium EC. Pushing my runoff back to 10%

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I do no runoff, 20%, 50%, 100% just for the hell of it, changing each day. :biggrin: Plants in coco don't care as long as they get some. You could do 0% runoff, no chance of anything leaving the coco, as many times a day as you currently do.The coco ec would have to rise. I would still foliar them puppies with epsom:tiphat: