What's new

prices of oil in ur area

pothead6

hey every one just curios what does hash oil go for in ur state or area or w,e it sells for 30 a gram here but i hear some people paying like 20 or 10

S

Shmike

If I were to put a price on a hash/oil, I would charge for the price of reefer it took to make it. Say I made 3 grams of oil from an ounce of bud, and that ounce is worth $150, those 3gs of concentrate would be worth $150.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
You're right and for all practicle purposes it should be like that but to my knowledge i don't think it is. Just going from comments i've seen on the board i think it ranges from $60-$80 a gram. If you're making oil commercially, for sale, it's really not wise to use buds..........just not cost effective. Please correct me if i'm wrong

Ps. think about it, if you use trim and charge $60 a gram................you're ahead of the game. sorry if i mis understood the above post

Last edited:

gordonliu

30 a gram in NY? doesnt bud go for like 5k a lb, minimum there? that sounds like some dirt oil. I would be worried about my health if I smoked it...

S

Shmike

Chiefsmokingbud said:
You're right and for all practicle purposes it should be like that but to my knowledge i don't think it is. Just going from comments i've seen on the board i think it ranges from $60-$80 a gram. If you're making oil commercially, for sale, it's really not wise to use buds..........just not cost effective. Please correct me if i'm wrong

Ps. think about it, if you use trim and charge $60 a gram................you're ahead of the game. sorry if i mis understood the above post
:yes:I totally agree. I've never had to buy or sell any of the stuff, that's just how I imagine I would go about pricing a concentrate.

G

Shmike said:
If I were to put a price on a hash/oil, I would charge for the price of reefer it took to make it. Say I made 3 grams of oil from an ounce of bud, and that ounce is worth $150, those 3gs of concentrate would be worth $150.

I agree, this is how I would assume one would price oil. I've never had to buy it, as I produce my own, but I remember clubs a few years ago that would charge 30-40 dollars a gram for that shitty black goop that they called oil, and around 60-70 dollars for a gram of some quality goo.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
gordonliu said:
30 a gram in NY? doesnt bud go for like 5k a lb, minimum there? that sounds like some dirt oil. I would be worried about my health if I smoked it...

Yeah it was probably made with denatured alcohol or something nastier, maybe even miniral spirits, paint thinner, coleman fuel and what not :bashhead: lol

pothead6

Chiefsmokingbud said:
Yeah it was probably made with denatured alcohol or something nastier, maybe even miniral spirits, paint thinner, coleman fuel and what not :bashhead: lol

a pound gramed out and sold idividually sells for about 4400 put just a pound sells for 2500

gordonliu

2500 a lb? sounds like beast to me. no wonder oil is only 30 a g. probably using beast leaf and old sour ass bags that have been sittin for the days to make it.

for the record, there exists at least one high times article discussing people using abandoned warehouses in NY to grow hydro, that then sells for 6k a lb.

Kr@kEn

Depends on what was used to make it. If it was trimming used, you should only get / pay 40-$50 a gram.

But oil made from buds is worth more. Think about it this way. If you pay $70 for an ounce of shwag and make oil. Say you get about a gram of good oil from it. You'd want to get at least $70 for it. And since it was made from buds, it will be better that oil made from trimmings.

If you used an ounce of high grades to make oil to sell. You would probably get between 3-5 grams depending on the type of oil (IHO or BHO) you made and the exact potency of the nuggets you used. So this oil would be worth whatever that ounce was worth.

Oil prices should reflect it's potency, just like when buying or selling buds.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
^^^you really think? I don't know, after you add in cost of butane and labor involved i would think that's pretty fair personally. Kinda hard to put a price on trim though but it does have some value.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
well around here trim oil sells for usually very close to 20, is all. to buy buds is generally less than 200, but say, at 200 for bud and getting 4 grams oil its 50 a gram without labor and tane, and if only 3grams yield. then its around 65 b4 labor. bud oil is much more expensive in this light, as trim is very much cheaper than 200 a oz. more like 2-400 a pd for nice trim.

isnt the current price of oil like over 100$ a barrel?damn George Bush has got these oil prices high as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gas is like $3.35 a gallon. :laughing: