What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Prices in Japan?

maharaji

hello guys ! hello japanfreakier ! Any real good book you would recommend to learn about life in japan ? Sorry i know your not the Tourism Office but all this makes me want to check it out ( not for weed though ;) )!

Cheers !

To the guy with the Buckethead Avatar : Cool man! big Buckethead fan myself ...where did you get this pics of him with the bong ??or did you modify it with computer??
Anyway cool !
Sayonara!

Sundance

Any real good book you would recommend to learn about life in japan ?

Good question - I love books

Its not modern day Japan - but I very highly recommend reading James Clavell's books ... they are all AWESOME .. and some of my favorites

Its a series of books that follows the same story thru many years, and decades - you should read them in the correct order

The first book is " Shogun "

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Japanfreakier:

You seem well informed of the culture and ways of the bud in your country, do you have any advice for a gaijin. My friend said it would be very profitable to do an op out there but I'm worried about rent, electrical, water, and equipment costs. How much is electricity? About how much is rent for a 2000sf home? Are there any hydro stores that sell GH or Advanced? Home depots out there? And lastly, you think purple would sell for $80/g? Thanks Bro

rent can be anywhere from $800~$2000 depending on where it is, and you'll need anywhere from 3 months to 6 months rent up front to get in an a person to act as your guarantor.

There are some hydro stores but the police watch them and you can order on some on-line places or from the states. Getting a safe addi in Japan is very hard though

$80 is more like street price so expect 1/3 or 1/2 for bulk.

BlindDate

Veteran
Dude, not only do we not want an apology from you, I feel more sorry for you because you obviously are an idiot and proud of it. I'm not interested in educating you, nor do I think anybody else is here.

Let's just take a minute and laugh together at your uneducated ass
Ok that was good.

I'm still waiting to hear what your "educated ass" would have done to end the war?

If it were not for the bomb, the Japanese would have never surrendered. They would have fought an invading army to the last child. Unless you can actually say something intelligent, I'll still stand by my statement that the bomb saved lives.

As for racism, well, Germany surrendered.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
there are many ways to look at the war....

blinddate your opinion seems to be heavily manipulated by american propaganda, we are all brainwashed by our own countries media to some extent...

but dont be surprised that japanfrekier doesnt want to converse with you on the subject....seeing as the war was more about the crown corporation owning more and more land/countries/control of colonies.....nothing about the world wars was as it seems, it wasnt racism that caused it, it was the consolidation of power, which is what every war for the last 1000 years has been about...

who owns japan now? same people that own the rest of the world, the people that police your civil law and the people that print your imaginary bank notes....

they control the world, apart from iran, north korea and cuba, and we will be at war with two of those soon enough...

ncalimeds

Japan freakier, thank you. The rent is not an issue, I am in the "business" knee deep and very tired of the low prices in CA. I basically figured the costs are way up there but it makes sense. BTW what is a safe "addi". Also, have you seen 1000w for sale there? Nutrients? I know the outlets look like (- -) and everythings off 100v. All the US equipment can be used with adapters but my main concerns are the lights.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I've used American lights here before and I wasn't that happy with it. I think it might have been because East Japan is 50 mhz and not 60 mhz like in the west. I've seen all kinds of things for sale on the net, even from Japan sites. If you use American sizes though you'll have to get the bulbs from the States most likely. I know that I can get 400 & 600 here in Japan.

Safe addi = safe address. Unless you want your shit shipped to the growing place and it's hard to find one here because people can't imagine why you would need one.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
how about this war idea, Germany won. It may have taken another 60 years after the war ended. But there is a combined european dollar with the brit's kicked out or on their own with the pound.
The bomb is a joke because america's involvement maybe looked at as self interest, britian goes down usa loses the war arms debt britian accumulated. Note that debt was recently just paid off.
kinda funny how the nation who used the bomb tells others they can't have one???

Euphrates

The Japanese have some crazy inventions. Really, really crazy, but incredible awesome.

eh
Dropping the A-bomb, along with the bombing of Dresden where complete and utter war crimes, There where no military institutions anywhere near where the bomb was dropped in Japan - All civilians..

WAR CRIMES
We didn't need to bomb (white Phosphorous-still being used) Dresden, we didn't need to a- bomb Japan, The war was already coming to an end. The American Army just wanted to test out its new toys before it was to late and the war ended - SERIOUSLY

Odd , allot of Blood is/has been shed on the 33rd parallel of this earth.. Allot….

Japan is expenisive,Don't know if this is true. But- I've heard you could lay down a 100 dollar bill on the pavement in the street somewhere, the ammount of space that one bill takes up is how much (100$) it would be to rent that space or something. .. Don't know if I said that right. It was awhile ago I heard that. I am sure in some places, its more than true.

I'd like to visit Japan, Has anyone been to Aokigahara Forest? I think it would be neat to smoke up there .

I take it Japan doesn't have MMJ program ?

DankSide

F*ck you DOLPHIN! F*ck you WHALE!!!!!

(southpark reference)

Yah, that bomb was a doozie, a good combination of things led up to that though, had it not been for pearl harbor, I think the Japanese would have been last on the "unleash killer bomb" list. Dropping the bomb in Japan was the best target though, because it promised no collateral damage would be incurred by surrounding allies.

I love the Japanese culture so don't get me wrong, they could have saved themselves by simply not taking part in the war...
War isn't a sporting event where fouls are given for forms of cruelty - all is fair in war - Too bad that bomb decimated a good part of a city and too bad sailors trapped on sinking ships drowned from kamikaze impacts in pearl harbor.

Neither side seemed to care about managing their battle tactics with 'grace'

T

THC_Decapitator

They don't even sell it by the gram now. You're lucky to get 0.3g per baggy for ¥15,000 and it's mixed with horse tranq. Ever since they cracked down on that North Korean boat, "long-dong something or rather" that came into Niigata the quality and price has been shits.

Yaba was so cheap like 15 years ago here everybody used to pass them out like breath mints (the little red ballz)

just say no to tweek .and yes to sex and mj

Japanfreakier

Veteran
If you guys want to talk about war go do it on another forum. The Japan forum is not for people to air their ignorance about Japan.

txuck

It will be nice to clean some posts in this thread.... all countries have good things and bad things, history is too long ....

Japan is one of the nicest countries that ive been traveling... and is cheap compare with Europe, (London and Paris is more expensive, Barcelona , Madrid and where i live as same expensive)

Food is incredible and u can find really good menus and bars,,, as i said more cheap than the basque country ( i had differents thoughts)
Beer is 2-3€ per 500 ml at Sumo fighting at Tokio,,, beer is good and cheap too...
Tabocco is really really cheap,,, half price than Spain, and here is cheaper compare with france and UK.....:tiphat:

U can travel in all the trains of Japan for 150€ week,,,, and in 3 hours u can be anywhere in Japan:bump:

Nikko, Tokio, Kyoto ,,, nice mountains,, nice nature enviorement:blowbubbles:

Good night life and good relaxing too,,,, nice people and a big cultural change for me... thats what i like from a country..:jump:

I see some ignorance... people needs to go out from their towns.... closeminds---- need to travel:wave:

Some pictures that i took from Japan

Attachments

• un poco de todo 054.jpg
    un poco de todo 054.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 45
  • un poco de todo 098.jpg
    un poco de todo 098.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 45
  • un poco de todo 025.jpg
    un poco de todo 025.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 42
  • un poco de todo 063.jpg
    un poco de todo 063.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 42

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Was just in Kyoto for a few days. Pot brownies and Kyoto go together so well. We got these personal navigation units here that have foot paths preprogrammed into them, apparently they sent thousands of people out to map the whole country, half the shit doesn't even show up on maps. Pre-program the machine, put your trust in it and eat some brownies. Freakin heaven......till it ran out of juice and you're like, "Where the fuck am I?"

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I had a small op, 3 rooms, 3600 watts, in a home. 60 amps to work with but I know you can up it to over 100. I think it cost about 20k to set up but it was so long ago I don't remember. For security reasons I would say go commercial though.

ncalimeds

I like your style BD and JK. I am looking for someone on the "inside" at the moment. I will probably be planning and researching for the next year. I am ready to pay generous salaries since the profit from a 50 thouie shit maybe even 100 thouie there at 15k per p...few millie apiece. Game over. Sittn on a island n investn in real estate.

yea next time i go to tokyo im bringing some edibles. i pussied out last time. looking back at it i would have been to paranoid to enjoy smoking it anywhere,stood out enough as it is.. edibles+sunglasses+tokyo = win.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I've started to enjoy brownies a lot in Tokyo. I smoke out in the country, when I'm camping and shit no problem, but never again in Tokyo. The scene has changed. A decade ago we used to smoke joints on the fire escapes of clubs and shit, no more.

Latest posts

Latest posts