What's new

Prices At An All Time Low

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
1) have those minimum/compulsory sentences kicked in yet?
2) realistically is much exported south? guesstimate % ?
3) hash prices?

The Boys

the new growing laws in canada will/ have drive/driven prices up . i wish i knew how and why the laws were passed but i have a feeling that if i did, i would be outraged.

PARADOX

wait till all the "legal" licences expire.. Then wait a bit more till loads of moms and pops gets busted doing bedroom grows over 6 plants. Then mandatory mins will be implemented IF trafficking is evident in that case. Which will rise the price of product. And quite a bit im thinking.

bigbag

Veteran
cops in BC, certainly don't target small mom and poppers... unless they are called. believe me, they could entertain themselves full time busting in doors, but at the end of the day, only the large/and or blatant, bubble to the surface. hydro by-passing is another way to get popped. it's my understanding, in most jurisdictions, they are well aware of a good percentage of who's who and where, but let them carry on ;)

just remember smart meters can tell if there is something on 12/12 or 18/6 so it's just a matter of time before they act on that

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Flip/flop. Peace GS

Incorrect. They can tell when the flip happens. There's a very sudden jump in voltage. Believe me, i know someone that works at hydro and he said there is no hiding from it without running a generator and making your own power.

Not to mention even if they couldn't see the spike in voltage which they can. There is no piece of equipment that draws 4000w for a 4 lighter 24 hours a day. Not a hot tub, not a heat pump. Nothing...... even if your running only one. 1000 w light. There just isn't any equipment that either runs 12 on 12 off or 24 hrs a day. If they want to bust you all they need is to look at your smart meter and all will be told....

Canada

Incorrect. They can tell when the flip happens. There's a very sudden jump in voltage. Believe me, i know someone that works at hydro and he said there is no hiding from it without running a generator and making your own power.

Not to mention even if they couldn't see the spike in voltage which they can. There is no piece of equipment that draws 4000w for a 4 lighter 24 hours a day. Not a hot tub, not a heat pump. Nothing...... even if your running only one. 1000 w light. There just isn't any equipment that either runs 12 on 12 off or 24 hrs a day. If they want to bust you all they need is to look at your smart meter and all will be told....

I have a pottery kiln that draws 5400 watts 24 hrs a day. And i know of 2 people that grow prize winning orchids under hid lights in there home . Also my electric heaters are all over 1k each and i run then 24 hrs a day through November to march .

bigbag

Veteran
i recall an old dude in BC who was "busted", growing a basement full of long english cucumbers ;)

P

Prairie Boy

Are there any peeps out there who refused the smart meter and the hydro co.forced the swap ?

Cheers PB

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a pottery kiln that draws 5400 watts 24 hrs a day. And i know of 2 people that grow prize winning orchids under hid lights in there home . Also my electric heaters are all over 1k each and i run then 24 hrs a day through November to march .

totally, us canadaians all have those big kilns in our basements humming away 24/7 lol haha. we r all lumberjacks and potters up here ;-)

med-man

dohboy

Its all about the boutique market....

I get $650 a QP on my stuff and live in south west BC...

But I just do 4k worth of lights + veg... and run harder to find stuff and keep what my few guys like, around... and only cut em a Q each at a time cause I literally cant stay stocked for longer than a month... they keep begging for more...

I understand its apples to oranges, and commercial is nothing like running a small boutique op.... but when I have the only 4 pounds of these strains in my town its not hard getting what I want...

perhaps it comes down to who u know....

Pmac

It's always who U know. The circle's you roll with dictate what you know and do. If that makes any sense.. *bombed on some rockstar bubble*

K

kupt

Good day all, new grower here with in the past few months (Still waiting on first crop). I got sick and tired of all the meds my doc kept giving me. I was a test subject and she constantly switching meds to try and settle my constant pain and back flare ups. SO I decided to go all natural. Reading the whole thread makes me think I picked a terrible time to start growing! Is there even a point in trying to get a grow permit? I'm actually kind of pussie to ask the doc just cause she has been so good with everything dealing with lawyers, courts etc after my accident. Don't wanna push my limits!

indica46

Outdoor in my part goes for 140.00 and indoor 180.00. Bc which I know because my nephew gets lbs sent to him by his father in law. I pay 200 a ounce but that is family prices. This is north eastern ontario

Latest posts

Latest posts