What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

preventing early spring flowering with clones

escabar

Hey guys,
So as to not fuck up like last year, I'm planning on when I will be going to get clones and putting them out. I live at 34* N, and was thinking about getting some clones around May 14-20. The light schedule that day(may 14) would, with dawn and dusk, be 14:55 hours of light. I'm not sure whether the dispensaries will have the clones under 18/6 or 24/0 light. I'm thinking around May 14th would be ok, but..
Would it be better for me to wait another week (15:05, May 21) or even an additional two weeks from there (15:15 May 28)?

Check the clones' root system. You'd want a newly established clone. Ask when they might have been taken. The sooner they are put outside after cloning, the better chance you will have of avoiding a re-veg.

Seems to me you'd want to put them out at the apex of the vortex of the photo period if they are established clones. The increasing daylight time has the potential of re-vegging you plants. This would mean planting them in 2 weeks (May 28th).

H

Huey69

Check the clones' root system. You'd want a newly established clone. Ask when they might have been taken. The sooner they are put outside after cloning, the better chance you will have of avoiding a re-veg.

Seems to me you'd want to put them out at the apex of the vortex of the photo period if they are established clones. The increasing daylight time has the potential of re-vegging you plants. This would mean planting them in 2 weeks (May 28th).

The dispensary I normally go to, you have to pre-order clones. I'm not sure if this means, they then put in an order to the clone vendor and he takes the clones then, or if he just constantly is taking clones and just giving them what they need. I was leaning towards getting the clones through them, but I've read recently about people getting clones that weren't what they were supposed to be. (So I'm just going to keep an eye out for what other dispensaries carry at the time).
And the first sentence of your second paragraph made me laugh, it reminded me of Pineapple Express when they were about to spark the cross joint. :laughing:
I think I probably will wait until sometime between the 21-28. I don't want to deal with any re-veg. It caused way too many problems last year.

THC123

Veteran
This year is the first year i have a flowering clone in spring , it is also the first year that i used 24 instead of 18/6.

So the lesson i learned for me personally , is for outdoor plants , don't exceed 18 hrs of light and put them outside then at around 15 hrs of light.

The 2 clones arent't growing anymore , just standing still with little buds:wallbash::wallbash:

same thing happened to me a few clones i had vegging on 24hr all flowered some are big enough to yield but some are too small to produce a little hells angel og clone flowered at 4 inches. so im hitting it with c.silver so i can at least get some seeds. lesson learned i was growing indoor before and never thought about this issue. i started some seeds on may 1st there doing fine. when life gives you lemons make lemonade.

BigForest

So plant outdoors when say a clone in a 1inch rockwool has roots,thats in a tray under floros ?????
harden off first right??????????

i am in the southwest and i set my plants out 2 weeks before the first of spring, the thing is they started to flower and now they look about a third of the way through the bud cycle and my question is will they keep budding or will they re-veg and if they do re-veg will the results be subpar. Also whats a good cheap way to make a darkroom on 4ft tall bushes

i asked this question earlier and the answere was (they definitely will re-veg)but they havent started revegging yet and they look like they are continuing to flower so will they finish without light deprivation? i have been feeding them flower nutes

Last edited:

harley01

Half mine are flowering.

Half mine are flowering.

Half my clones that are out are flowering right now. I am not very exsperienced with outdoor growing but am getting more and more interested in guerrilla grows. I live in southernb california. I read from a fe different post that the pre flower clones actually flowered all the way through and never reveged. If that is the cse I am fine with that because I will throw more out to harvest my large crop in September. Will my plants revege or will i get an early crop?

Also, Fastpine. I have read all your threads and find them to be very interesting and filled with good information. I can't PM yet, so if anyone could forward me there email I would appreciate it

THC123

Veteran
give um a high dose of nitrogen.

i gave them npk 9-3-7 and some fish emulsion should be good no?

I sure hope they will reveg , will the quality suffer from this revegging?

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
every time i reveg my plant they exploded, they get huge, look like u grow hydro with a lot of spittings......

her some clones veged for only about 3 week after reveg....first week of flow

62205PICT0579.JPG
62205PICT0540.JPG

62205PICT0538.JPG

62205PICT0537.JPG
62205PICT05161.JPG
62205PICT05151.JPG
62205PICT0516.JPG
62205PICT0520.JPG

nothing to be worried about......

BTW: Her on Ic is a thread where shanti post about the potenzy(he do it to bring down the floweringtime and for more field of) reVeging…..very usefull post with a lot of infos….but I cant remember where

THC123

Veteran
but you do this under 24 hrs right?

I am wondering how long iut will take for my nlx clones to reveg under 15-16 hrs outside.

I don't wanna harvest weed from these plants , i jsut want the genetics to maybe breed with , so i gotta keep one clone alive as mother

buddah

Veteran
i reveged with 18/6....had more succes as with 24 hours, i also noticed that reveging under a MH o NDL is a lot lot faster than under a 125W CFL

the NLX cut will sure reveg if she has enough light(depends on the strain) and i guess i will be not take sooooo long:: this is the only cut how flowers so i is very light sensitive and thats way she will prob. reveg very fast.......
In my garden only the Leb27 are in flower.....no other strain or cutz

H

Huey69

I really don't understand all these people saying early outdoor plants will re-veg no problem. Last year I had a total of 12 plants begin flowering too early. 3 were pulled. The other 9 continued. This resulted in short plants, lots of mold, severely lowered yield, etc. My plants never really regained proper veg-state again. I wish I would have pulled those plants early in the season, as plants I put out in july (sseveral months after these) yielded better then any of those 9 plants.

If you're indoors, and wanna keep the plant, then I say go for it. You can place it under 24/0 light, and have most likely a better success...

EDIT: THC, I would say several weeks before growth even really starts again, and even then it's slllloooowwwww. After another several weeks it might pick up.. but since you just want to save the genetics, I can understand your purpose.

buddah

Veteran
Hey Huey,
what i noticed is that u have to remove nearley everything execpt a few leafs and one or two buds....if not the reveging will be take a lot more time.....

and it depends on the strain but i never had a slowwwwww veging plant after reveging.....they will expolding to monsters:2cents:

A question regarding ez clone to outdoors:

Once roots have shown, is it possible to continue to grow the clone an extra week or two on a fixed lighting regime of 15/9 before hardening off outdoors or do they have to be put outside as soon as first bit of root has shown?

peacenik

I have a purple trainwreck clone that started budding in May. Before planting it outside I removed as many buds as I could. The plant was about 12" tall at the time in a 1 gallon pot. I gave it a strong dose of high nitrogen guano tea + molasses plus some rusty water (iron) about every 4 days plus Earth Juice Grow and an all-purpose 16-16-16. Just about when I was ready to give up, about 3-4 weeks, new leaves started sprouting. This plant is now about 4 1/2 feet tall & about as big around with lots of branching.
I've done this with other clones & it's worked for me.

Latest posts

Latest posts