What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

preventing early spring flowering with clones

chongsbuddy

Veteran
??????

??????

yeah,but you(fast pine)said that a half an hour could make a major difference.i am working with UDG genetics(gg#3,maf,congo/gg,mighty freeze,mighty mite.)i read that on this thread,thtas why im worried.so you are saying to add the twilight time to the sunrise/sunset time?so i should add that extra hour?

LLCoolBud

Yes add the extra hour. Indoor light is not as powerful as outdoor light the plants can do alot more with 12 hours of the HPS int he sky then any bulb in your room.

Fast_Pine

LLcoolbud was refering to the extremly photosensitive strains, in which it does make a big difference. In your case I wouldnt add the extra half hour...

The Oct finnishers seem to do ok with the extra half hour..

chongsbuddy

Veteran
kind of confused

kind of confused

so twilight is at 5:02 am and sunrise is at 5:37 am.sunset is at 8:56 pm and twilight is 9:32 pm.I have my light at 16/8 right now.I am using semi autoflower genetics,mighty amstel freeze,GG#3 etc...in your opinion,what should i have my lights at using this info?

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
ok...made it through the entire thread. I only see one person mentioning use of solar charged lights ( like path way markers) being used to supply supplemental lighting after sunset. Seems like a simple option....anyone have experience?

Much Thanks

FMCDomer

I got like 4 clones and one seedling.

the clones are: 2 tahoeog, 2sacog. 1 haze seedling.
once they started rooting I placed them out side in soil. I think this was feb/march. whoops.. they started to flower.. now they are short flowering little ladys..

what do I do guys?! this also happened to me last year.

my goal is to get a huge mother out of these to flower. what is my best route?
should I just put them under 24? bring them indoors with a light during dark?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
you can try pinching back the flowers and giving it higher nitrogen. my folks did this last year with good results.

need help!

need help!

i have set my outdoor plants outside on the first day of spring in the northern hemisphere and now they have started to flower. i was wondering will they continue to flower or will they re-veg and if they do what would be the pros and cons of that happening any help would be much appreciated

Fast_Pine

half my plants are starting to flower on 16/8.this sucks ass!!

Sorry to hear my friend..Keeping semiautoflower genetics in a steady Veg in anything but 24/0 is pretty tough..Some will hold and others will start blooming with maturity, or a slight drop in Nitrogen..Ive had some of my early flowering genetics bloom at maturity(~1month from seed) no matter what the light cycle...So its not like you did anything wrong.

Not too late to aquire more stock and go again..

chongsbuddy

Veteran
i went in knowing that this could happen,it was an experiment i should have done at another time,i just hope some of these girls hold out in veg for me.i still need a crop this year.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
I have concluded that regardless of the amount of light a plant recieves, its still going to grow if put outside in the spring(unless auto)

-18/6 to straight outside - never had any preflower
-24/0 - never any preflower
-6/18 lol i reversed the timer by accident so i had a bunch of budding clones ready for may1st when i put them out they re vegged to 10ft.. so again no preflowers outside

no matter the light, if put out in early spring mother nature will make sure they veg and not bud... at least thats how it works for me up here in New England

can someone please help with my above post I want to know if they will continue to flower or if they will reveg themselves they are what looks like 2 weeks along in to flower and I set them out the first day of spring.

S

ShoeboxSherman

I have concluded that regardless of the amount of light a plant recieves, its still going to grow if put outside in the spring(unless auto)

-18/6 to straight outside - never had any preflower
-24/0 - never any preflower
-6/18 lol i reversed the timer by accident so i had a bunch of budding clones ready for may1st when i put them out they re vegged to 10ft.. so again no preflowers outside

no matter the light, if put out in early spring mother nature will make sure they veg and not bud... at least thats how it works for me up here in New England

So what photoperiod due you keep your plants under before setting out AG? 18/6? I was thinking of trimming down from 18 incrementally to match outdoors at planting time. Or just start clones under a shorter light period and set out in early June.

H

h^2 O

I've been lurking around this thread for a few days, Aero's input really lightened my spirits.

H

Huey69

Hey guys,
So as to not fuck up like last year, I'm planning on when I will be going to get clones and putting them out. I live at 34* N, and was thinking about getting some clones around May 14-20. The light schedule that day(may 14) would, with dawn and dusk, be 14:55 hours of light. I'm not sure whether the dispensaries will have the clones under 18/6 or 24/0 light. I'm thinking around May 14th would be ok, but..
Would it be better for me to wait another week (15:05, May 21) or even an additional two weeks from there (15:15 May 28)?