What's new

Powdery Mildew Rx for flowering plants?

bodhiseeds

Veteran
bio soy m sucks, so does soyanora, hum tea foliar doesnt help once they have white patches.... trying the potasium bicarb, heard it messes with the ionic bond of pm and the cell walls crash. loving mark6699331's cure all, im gonna have to pick up some zone penetrator. putting a spore filter on the intake really helps alot too. :rasta:

I also endorse the Zone + Penetrator...best stuff i've ever used. This stuff doesn't have a bad smell or leave a residue. and totally knocks out the pm. Thanks for the great info mark. :rasta:

Jalisco Kid

I use a george foreman grill to vap my sulfur for years. I use it in between grows,half way into veg and the second week of flowering. I burn for 4 hrs each time. Suerte JK

Hempster

I'm trying the zone & penetrator as a foliar spray for PM. Sometimes it's impossible to dip, like with largish plants in hydroton in an ebb & gro. One thing I've noticed is that it does seem to bead up a lot on the leaves. When I use penetrator with nutes for foliar feeding on my outdoor plants, it wets the leaves nicely--no beading. I wonder why the difference. I would add a little detergent, but don't know if detergent is something you want carried inside the leaf by the penetrator. Tried getting advice from DM, but no reply so far.

Hempster

mark6699331

With large plants i use a three gallon trash can and fill the mix into that and dip the whole fricken plant in it three times. Once, let drip, twice, shake, three let drip. Wait three days repeat, wait three days repeat. PM GONE PERIOD.

Good Luck y'all and geeze DM should give me rolaities or something for all this promotion. Shit all i care about though is that IT WORKS. Stop messing around with crap and spend the money once and do it right!

Good Luck everyone
M

mark6699331

Hempster- the penetrater is the best surfactent on the market. Its like a "super" detergent so no need to add any of that to the mix.
M

southwind

my definitive approach.

my definitive approach.

A match , some gasoline and...

Powdery mildew is GONE!

Seriously though I get it on everything here in the Fog Capital.

I am trying Greencure at the moment and will post results soon.

Frog

Hey all. Just thought I'd throw in that I endedup spraying my plants that were in the neighborhood of 6ft. with Mark6699331 recipe :joint: . Sprayed and soaked each plant. With the repeat 2 more times :dueling: . I'ts been about 8 months with no pm.
Can't say how nice it is to smoke my stash with no pm. Bubble hash is much cleaner and better tasting with clean and PM free plants :rasta: . Not only that your plants grow a lot better when there not fighting that dreded PM :bashhead:
So if your having problems with PM , don't hesitate to use this recipe. What's your crop worth. A little work and some money and no more PM :muahaha: . Now get off your butt's and take what's beening said into account and save your valued grows. :jump:

Grow Safe

Last edited:

mark6699331

Yeah sure is nice not smoking MOLD! LOL
I actually had a friend get a lung infection from very bad pm pot and had to goto the hospital for it, have his lung drained and put on anti fungal and antibitotics. HE was in a lot of pain let me tell you. Looked like he had a couple broken ribs.

jcisnew

CelebrityKush said:
Zone is derived from....Potassium Nitrate, Ammonium Nitrate Potassium Hydroxide, Copper Sulphate.
it has an npk of 0.09 - 0 - 0.26

Here is the Bordeaux recipe
3 tbs copper sulphate
10 tbs hydrated lime
1 gal water

MadCow

Been meaning to get back to this thread, I tried milk, high ph water, safers, neem, and a couple fungicides, none of them worked period, and most of them had a negative effect on my plants!!! Finally I found this thread a couple months ago and as a last resort tried mark6699331's method. Ya it worked, no more F'ing PM!! I cant tell you how happy I am. Thanks Mark you the man!!!

PM Free
Madcow

Frog

Yep this really works. Marks recipe is the bomb. Easy to do and no more PM. The plants love not having to fight the PM and grow much faster. And the smoke tastes alot better.

Grow Safe

B

baccas125

I havent seen any discoloration from the Sovren spray and things are starting to grow like madd. This stuff seems to be the bee knees!!

phattybudz

Mark wrote: "For flower, I've found that dunking the plant for a second or two in dutch master's zone (10ml/gallon) and dutch master's penetrator (accord. to instructed dilution) fries the shit right out of the plant- or disinfects it, I should say. Spray with water the next couple days and no residue I could notice and it was gone for over two weeks. "

I'm in week 5-6 and my 3.5 foot AK47 is making me cry almost... goddamn powdery mildew! It seems like AK47 and bubblegum are my most susceptible strains; which sucks because they're also my biggest yielders.

As far as decreasing the humidity (it's at 50-60% right now,) what's the cheapest solution?

It would be a major pain in the ass if not impossible to dip the girls because they're huge... if I spray em with zone and penetrator then plain water before harvest will that do the trick? How far into flower have people used this successfully? I'm debating cutting her down...!

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
Got a 1L bottle of DM Zone and have a couple of sample bottles of Penetrator. Gonna do some spraying (dunking is out of the question) when lights go out.

Frog

Hey clowntown, give them a real good drenching. Do the repeats on time and it should do the job!!! Give us a update and let us know how it did for you. I hav'nt seen any PM for a good 10 months and I love it . Not to sure about how far into flower is OK. Maybe somebody can chime in here and give a brother a hand.