What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Powdery fucking mildew?

Herborizer

Veteran
ive been reading this thread and another where someone posted about milk...i have three plants in flower right now...im about to spray them down for the first time...can i spray the buds???or just the infected leaves???should i use RO water of faucet wather since it has a higher ph???should i spray at night or in the morning???i need advice you can see my babies in my album...the maui super dawg. sour grapes, and uk chees all have issues...i can post up some more recent pics in the morning...1 high

Spray everything with a forceful sprayer. COMPLETELY. Yes, spray the buds thoroughly. All leaves,both sides, stems, buds, everything.

Spray when lights out. Facet water should be fine. Spray every 4-7 days. Don't shortcut. Personally, I spray with water day before chop to wash my plants. When curing watch for mildew/mold.

I had pm last grow. Did the above Cured in 3 weeks and it's ridiculously chronic.

HIGHINSP

Spray everything with a forceful sprayer. COMPLETELY. Yes, spray the buds thoroughly. All leaves,both sides, stems, buds, everything.

Spray when lights out. Facet water should be fine. Spray every 4-7 days. Don't shortcut. Personally, I spray with water day before chop to wash my plants. When curing watch for mildew/mold.

I had pm last grow. Did the above Cured in 3 weeks and it's ridiculously chronic.
so im scared i just sprayed down my babies with a milk/ water solution...so now what??? im growing outdoors in pots...and my plants are completly covered from head to dirt in milk...should i dry them off in the morning???shake them off now???thanks 1 high
s.p.Ill try and post pics in the morning

justintime420

green cure did the trick for me everyday sprayed for a week and it kicked that mildew in the ass and the bottle is just over 20 bucks.....only spray leaves like kcar said

grapeman

Veteran
did you read my post man? ...milk is all that is needed,
it's totally organic so can be used throughout the life
cycle and it not only kills the PM, it boosts the plants
immune system.

admittedly it won't eradicate the PM in one application
but so what, it's cheap, easy to find and easy to apply
and it won't taint your crop, even if you use it the day
before chop, ask MyNameStitch, or better yet, by her book.

...or read that info i posted above.

peace, SOG

btw, just 'cause i'm new here doesn't mean i'm a
noob, note i didn't just say 'use milk', i also posted
supporting evidence, i'm not talking out my ass.

Yes I read your post. Your post is crap too. I seldom post in these mildew threads anymore because people just give shit advice, thinking milk and simple over the counter hydro store junk are effective as real fungicides. Giving growers with real problems shitty advice.

Herborizer

Veteran
so im scared i just sprayed down my babies with a milk/ water solution...so now what??? im growing outdoors in pots...and my plants are completly covered from head to dirt in milk...should i dry them off in the morning???shake them off now???thanks 1 high
s.p.Ill try and post pics in the morning

You are fine. The milk will leave a coating and this is what you want. They will be happier very soon. Remember reapply often. Once I had it very bad and had to apply every 4-5 days.

The milk will not affect taste, smell, bag appeal. Them trichomes are strong and spraying them hard with milk and water will only help and not harm.

Get a strong pump sprayer. Start from the top of the plant and work your way down blasting and washing the pm off. The pm that comes off at the top can accumulate at the lower parts of the plant. This is why you have to be thorough and completely wash it each time.

Just keep it up and you will be fine.

Personally, it's a lot of work to spray anything like milk etc. I am with grapeman sort of. My next round I am going to apply eagle20 once in veg and once in the first week of flower (can't after 1 week due to toxicity). This is the real solution. Though, if you are already in flower milk is the way. It's just a lot of spraying.

someotherguy

Veteran
Yes I read your post. Your post is crap too. I seldom post in these mildew threads anymore because people just give shit advice, thinking milk and simple over the counter hydro store junk are effective as real fungicides. Giving growers with real problems shitty advice.

have you ever tried milk as a fungicide?

or are you just talking out your ass?

it works, therefore, and contrary to your opinion, it
isn't shitty advice.

note it was you insulted me dude! not the other way around!

peace, SOG

the minute you begin to believe you know everything
you become a fool standing in your own way.

HIGHINSP

heres my girls after their milk bath

heres my girls after their milk bath

album.php
picture.php

Maui SuperDawg Ukcheese Sour Grapes

grapeman

Veteran
have you ever tried milk as a fungicide?

or are you just talking out your ass?

it works, therefore, and contrary to your opinion, it
isn't shitty advice.

note it was you insulted me dude! not the other way around!

peace, SOG

I've farmed crops that are mildew sensitive for over 40 years. I've been paid as an expert witness in civil cases involving mildew on crops. Never lost. I dunno. Maybe I know nothing.

This is not an 'organic" thread, so why offer half measures? They make materials that are PM specific. They have quick 1/2 lives and actually PREVENT further infections, so you can live your life. 21 days after applications, you can eat the food so treated as there are NO detectable levels of the product. The cost of a treatment is about $30 an acre (about 4,000 plants). That means if you buy a REAL fungicide, not only will you only have to spray once, you will not have a problem for your entire grow. Plus, it's cheaper then fucking milk, whole, 2% or non fat. Try treating an acre of pot with milk.

While you may be excited that spraying something wet killed your mildew, milk is NOT a fungicide. You could've accomplished the same feat with water and spreader.

I don't care if you defend your position and I don't care who told you to use milk. That's amateur hour.

Last edited:

HIGHINSP

I've farmed crops that are mildew sensitive for over 40 years. I've been paid as an expert witness in civil cases involving mildew on crops. Never lost. I dunno. Maybe I know nothing.

So what do you sugest i do for my plants. Are I'm not sure how far along they are budding. I had issues with the plants wanting to re-veg. The pics above are current as of today. This is my first grow and to my untrained eye it seemed to help alot. But I'm the first to admit I know nothing...1high

S

Surfr

This is not an 'organic" thread, so why offer half measures? They make materials that are PM specific. They have quick 1/2 lives and actually PREVENT further infections, so you can live your life. 21 days after applications, you can eat the food so treated as there are NO detectable levels of the product. The cost of a treatment is about $30 an acre (about 4,000 plants). That means if you buy a REAL fungicide, not only will you only have to spray once, you will not have a problem for your entire grow. Plus, it's cheaper then fucking milk, whole, 2% or non fat. Try treating an acre of pot with milk.

While you may be excited that spraying something wet killed your mildew, milk is NOT a fungicide. You could've accomplished the same feat with water and spreader.

I don't care if you defend your position and I don't care who told you to use milk. That's amateur hour.

Share the knowledge brotha! I had a problem with PM and used Greencure to get me through harvest, it worked like a charm.. But, what are these fungicides you speak of??

johnnyla

Veteran
Eagle is the only shit that worked for me. No more PM. No more mites thanks to floramite. All done right before flipping so no residues.

someotherguy

Veteran
While you may not be 'talking out of your ass,' you sure still have some more learning to do. The guy knows what he's talking about for sure - trust me.

+1 Grape; I'm glad you still hang around here, you've been an awesome source of knowledge and gardening 'tactics', Thank-you.

Oh, the irony.

lol, the irony is you come into a thread sucking up to
one poster and insulting another, no helpful advice,
just bullshit, ...and you don't even realize how small
that makes you look. . .putz.

here, as you didn't seem to realize it was you i was
speaking to i'll reiterate.

and maybe that's your problem, since you're already
an expert who knows everything, your mind is closed.

say what you will, i'm not the only one who has used
milk as a fungicide with success, ...but i keep forgetting,
you already know everything.

peace, SOG

@b$+r@c+

You guys need to distinguish which agents actualluy KILL mildew, and which ones PREVENT.

A little neem can help to 'suffocate' it but PM can and will grow on TOP of the neem....Sounds crazy, I know, but I suffered for a couple months without this knowledge, just a couple yrs ago.

Latest posts

Latest posts