What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Potency, what is considered potent weed today?

laszlokovacs

Check out the book: "How Plants are Trained to Work for Man" by Luther Burbank. He writes beautifully about how, through selection and observation, you can learn the entire life history of any variety, you can infer the environmental or artificial factors that led to certain traits being locked in. It's very interesting to use this knowledge when working with landrace varieties as their genetic history is still mainly intact from the beginning to now.
Yes! Glad to see so many people mention Luther Burbank on this thread. His work with plants is truly amazing, I would love to visit his garden in Santa Rosa one day, too bad a bunch of his creations and data are gone.
Your insight is very interesting, I dont think theres any "one" trait for potency but given the extent that there are genetics with 0 psychoactive properties I would imagine what we all experience as potency has a common ancestor(s).

Sorry just felt the need to fawn over ol' Mr. Burbank lol thanks for the link

Ca++

po·ten·cy​

(pō'tĕnt-sē),
1. Power, force, or strength; the condition or quality of being potent.
2. Specifically, sexual potency.
So it's absolutely fine if it takes 3 minutes to come up, and even then it's a creeper? lol

I liked the old brown brick weed. Sometimes you could get mild halucinations, and green has never done that for me.
Later the phrase was used for imported dutch prg green. I think vacuum sealing was involved. Adding prg was termed as bricking it up, in grower tongue as we got access to those sort of chemicals more easily. Diluting the original meaning, until brick just became prg

FeelHaze

Factors to evaluate a strain potency

1- Subjective raw strenght of the effects (how strong it hits you).
2- Duration of the effects.
3- Quality/complexity of the effects.
4- Low telerance buildup (you can smoke the strain multiple times and still get super high.
5- Ability to cut trough other strains high (if you smoke multiple strains the same day, the "potent one" will be able to bring your high to another level).
6- The effects have a high ceiling point (you get higher to more you smoke vs you reach the ceiling limit after 2-3 puffs and can't get higher of a strain).

Last edited:

Baba Karuna

After 4 pages of reading about potency, the only clear thing is this:

Wine consumers and wine industry all over the world have have better standards than the canna industry
This is a disaster
Everything is mixed up

We have 2 different things being mixed up: potency and quality

Speed of onset belongs to quality
Strength and duration of effects belongs to potency

We clearly lack standards as cannabis consumers
Please look at the third entry at this pharmacological dictionary

This is a good start in order to get some standards on potency
So for me a OCB/Rizla paper size #1 a thin spliff/pinner is enough for 12 tokes
6 tokes of a pinner should get me 2 hours high minimum. This was standard all my life.

You get more potent and less potent but this is the basis for potency for me. I am finding in the canna world all kind of legendary weed being marketed for their super special marvelous effects and when i try this weed is 30 min high with a strong munchies coming right after this 30 min. And this is the case of the first spliff. Second spliff of modern weed gets you high 15 min and the third spliff of the day of this modern weed has no more effects.
I call this tolerance and it belongs to quality.

If it is creeper weed or smack on your face weed belongs to quality. The minimum potency of creeper weed consumed as described above is 2 hours.

The only people I can understand when they talk about weed are the ones who smoked the same weed in real life as me. I smoked charas for more than 20 years, so what Baba Karuna posted makes sense to me.
@Baba Karuna
The one you describe as your favourite sounds like charas, I really miss it. It seems all along the other side of the Red Sea coast grow the desert weed. Did you find locally grown weed in the Kingdom?
Love is practiced with different organs depending on culture. Some love with the liver, other with the heart, there are people that love with the brain and people that love with the rectum organ.
Results will be different according to the way you love. This thread is not about breeding

Potency and quality of weed is not related to love.

Character
In the 20th century and until not so long ago weed had character
Character belongs to quality
It means that every single batch of weed have their unique type of effects
Modern weed lacks character. All of it hits almost the same

@Raco
I miss laughing grass very much. Is there any strain left like that? Or those marvelous effects are gone from cannabis today? Laughing for at least 2 hours non stop is an amazing medicine.

Standards for potency and quality should be set up by the industry urgently.
What are they judging at the canna cups? 30 min weed?
Is 30 min weed with strong munchies the standard for potency and quality at the canna world?
The Charas was definitely our favorite 🙏🏼 I was blessed to have a great contact who was a member of a higher ranking family, who could great charas that was so pliable and oily, it blew my mind wide open. Psychedelic, invigorating, blissful, with a deep sense of inner peace. Perfect high vibe smoke.

I was unable to locate any locally grown herb or hash. Granted I didn’t travel to all areas of the country. My parents were not keen us visiting the areas inhabited by "witches,” as the local city folk called them. I was never educated on what they were doing but I anticipate that they were practicing Sufism or a derivative. This would be more akin to Islamic Yoga or Spiritual Science, rather than “black magic.” These Mystics are known throughout the Middle East for their supernatural feats accomplished via trance states, so it is easy to understand why they would be seen as practicing witchcraft. Groups like this are known to use cannabis, alcohol, opium, and other lesser known psychotropics. If I been able to learn more about them in person, I think they could have had something local going on. The type of Islam around me was quite conservative and thus shunned anything that was not dicated as acceptable by their denomination.

According to some old timers, local production wasn’t considered an issue until around the 70s. That is when the King’s son overthrew him and came to power. He formed ties with Europe in his youth and once he overthrew the king in a bloodless coup, he set about drilling oil and modernizing the country. The punishments for cultivation and distribution became quite severe, even warranting death in some cases. It was a very low key activity when I was growing up. Posession of small amounts could have placed us in prison for decades, if not life. Even saying something unflattering about the King could be a death sentence. So I did my best to keep my head down and not openly talk about it. Secret police were everywhere, yet I rarely became paranoid due to the mellow and positive vibe of the charas/hash. 🙏🏼

Pédetoddy

One of my first contacts with cannabis was after class with 14 years old , I was introduced to a friend of another friend who supposedly had the strongest weed in town. This guy's nickname was Chimney, Chimney showed me a seemingly ordinary piece of Paraguayan brick. They made a joint rolled in a napkin and we smoked this joint shared by four people, initially I didn't feel much but after a while I was completely out of mind i couldn't coordinate the movements of my legs. Every second felt like an eternity, I experienced ego death. This antique Paraguayan sativa had no ceiling effect, I cultivated it from seeds coming from bricks imported from Paraguay, it is a sativa with an extremely sweet smell like ripe mango, zero traces of skunk. Nowadays, there is still a large supply of Paraguayan bricks here, but unfortunately they are all indica hybrids with a lot of skunky smell.

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Yes! Glad to see so many people mention Luther Burbank on this thread. His work with plants is truly amazing, I would love to visit his garden in Santa Rosa one day, too bad a bunch of his creations and data are gone.
Your insight is very interesting, I dont think theres any "one" trait for potency but given the extent that there are genetics with 0 psychoactive properties I would imagine what we all experience as potency has a common ancestor(s).

Sorry just felt the need to fawn over ol' Mr. Burbank lol thanks for the link
Yeah! I have more. I also have '30 Minute Garden Experiments' I think it's called, baseed upon Burbank's experiemnts and I have all of his other writings. The man is an inspiration and he writes in such a way that makes plant breeding sound like a beautiful dance.

Nextgeneration73

That really is tragic, one because a group of people perhaps a minority (if you factor in those who've yet to reach voting age) are blocking what a similar size group of people once and who won't be around much longer. Two because there's probably a large portion of them who could beneit from it medicinally. Oh well hopefully in time things will change as it has in mmany other countries.
Oh sorry my bad, I kind of wrote one thing in a misleading way but I edited it in the comment so that it makes more sense... No, what I meant was that the older generations are normally the conservatives who hate it and want to keep it illegal, and the younger ones are usually all for it which are the majority of them being ages 10-40 years old or 13-48 years old and even those in power in the government.... But that doesn't mean that there aren't many people in their 50's or 60's and up who are pro legalization because little by little many of those now exist... However there are still yet many of those older conservatives (the ones who have ties with not only the law/police/courts ect.... But drink more than anyone else and are usually very aggressive in behavior, very strict) they believe that alcohol is a medicine (they also smoke a lot of cigarettes, not that I don't but yeah) however if anyone mentions anything about the real real medicine called weed, ganja or Cannabis, they flip the table out of anger, they start cursing, they talk trash about it as if it's the most deadliest sin of all... 😡 And it's almost as if they believe that being homeless and taking food from or throwing apart trash cans is infact way more civilized and normal than smoking weed is to them (nothing against homeless people but I'm just making a point) they literally believe that anyone who uses must be punished by law or worse..... I call these people not just conservatives but something much worse which I won't say in icmag, but I will say that those people to me are a true abomination..... Because not only do they prevent society from mentally and spiritually and even health wise grow and develop, but they also prevent people from being cured/ or treated from deadly illnesses.... They also have ruined and therefore f**ked up so so many people's lives who just wanted to chill and smoke weed in peace and yeah it's horrendously wicked and vile but more on an ignorant level.... To me they are mentally handicapped rude people who are ruining other people's lives for smoking weed 😡

Last edited:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Oh sorry my bad, I kind of wrote one thing in a misleading way but I edited it in the comment so that it makes more sense... No, what I meant was that the older generations are normally the conservatives who hate it and want to keep it illegal, and the younger ones are usually all for it which are the majority of them being ages 10-40 years old or 13-48 years old and even those in power in the government.... But that doesn't mean that there aren't many people in their 50's or 60's and up who are pro legalization because little by little many of those now exist... However there are still yet many of those older conservatives (the ones who have ties with not only the law/police/courts ect.... But drink more than anyone else and are usually very aggressive in behavior, very strict) they believe that alcohol is a medicine (they also smoke a lot of cigarettes, not that I don't but yeah) however if anyone mentions anything about the real real medicine called weed, ganja or Cannabis, they flip the table out of anger, they start cursing, they talk trash about it as if it's the most deadliest sin of all... 😡 And it's almost as if they believe that being homeless and taking food from or throwing apart trash cans is infact way more civilized and normal than smoking weed is to them (nothing again homeless people but I'm just making a point) they literally believe that anyone who uses must be punished by law or worse..... I call these people not just conservatives but something much worse which I won't say in icmag, but I will say that those people to me are a true abomination..... Because not only do they prevent society from mentally and spiritually and even health wise grow and develop, but they also prevent people from being cured/ or treated from deadly illnesses.... They also have ruined and therefore f**ked up so so many people's lives who just wanted to chill and smoke weed in peace and yeah it's horrendously wicked and vile and but more on the ignorant side and level.... To me they are mentally handicapped rude people who are ruining other people's life's for smoking weed 😡
I didn't go back to see what changes you made but what you wrote in the ppost above doesn't change in any way what i was trying to say in the reply i made on that other post. So that being the case perhaps I didn't state the point i was trying to make in a clear way? It wouldn't be the first time. :biggrin:

So let me try and restate my point differently. I find it tragic if any group that is only a portion of the population (whether it be a majority or a minority) are able to influence thing that it negatively effects the rest of the population, especially something like the legal statis of Cannabis which in my opinion should be treated as a matter of personal preference, kind of the way smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol is. Also that the tragedy is compounded if the prejudice of the one group prevents them from potentially realizing medicinal benefits that could improve and/or potentially prolong their life. I mean consider this, many younger people growing up in a world where everyone is much more aware of the harms of tobacco, shun the use of tobacco such that it's almost a social stigma now. At least that's how it is in the US these days. So with that in mind how would that older more conservative part of your population feel if all of the younger generation behaved the way they do towards cannabis, but towards tobacco? Maybe even to the point of affecting the legality of it? I'm sure they wouldn't like it much. What's worse is if they did do that it would be a more valid position since there is no benefit to smoking tobacco and it has the added danger of second hand harmful affects. I imagine though there is little chance of that happening because th bottomlinne is that addiction to tobacco is a big business and helps to bring in large amounts of tax revenue, at least for those countries that impose a "sin" tax on it. If the position of a country was that there was no benefit to tobacco use and lots of well documented harm the logical position would be to ban it's sale. Yet most countries don't because they literally profit off of tobacco addiction. Just to be clear I'm not advocating a ban on tobacco, I too am a smoker and have been most of my life. I would love to quit but i find it very difficult especially when i can go into most any convenience store or gas station which there are multiple locations for within walking distance in almost any direction. i might not like it but if my country really wanted me and everyone else to stop smoking as seems to be th official position, then they would be doing me a favor if they banned it thereby forcing me to quit.

Anyway sorry for turning this into a tobacco rant.

Nextgeneration73

I didn't go back to see what changes you made but what you wrote in the ppost above doesn't change in any way what i was trying to say in the reply i made on that other post. So that being the case perhaps I didn't state the point i was trying to make in a clear way? It wouldn't be the first time. :biggrin:

So let me try and restate my point differently. I find it tragic if any group that is only a portion of the population (whether it be a majority or a minority) are able to influence thing that it negatively effects the rest of the population, especially something like the legal statis of Cannabis which in my opinion should be treated as a matter of personal preference, kind of the way smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol is. Also that the tragedy is compounded if the prejudice of the one group prevents them from potentially realizing medicinal benefits that could improve and/or potentially prolong their life. I mean consider this, many younger people growing up in a world where everyone is much more aware of the harms of tobacco, shun the use of tobacco such that it's almost a social stigma now. At least that's how it is in the US these days. So with that in mind how would that older more conservative part of your population feel if all of the younger generation behaved the way they do towards cannabis, but towards tobacco? Maybe even to the point of affecting the legality of it? I'm sure they wouldn't like it much. What's worse is if they did do that it would be a more valid position since there is no benefit to smoking tobacco and it has the added danger of second hand harmful affects. I imagine though there is little chance of that happening because th bottomlinne is that addiction to tobacco is a big business and helps to bring in large amounts of tax revenue, at least for those countries that impose a "sin" tax on it. If the position of a country was that there was no benefit to tobacco use and lots of well documented harm the logical position would be to ban it's sale. Yet most countries don't because they literally profit off of tobacco addiction. Just to be clear I'm not advocating a ban on tobacco, I too am a smoker and have been most of my life. I would love to quit but i find it very difficult especially when i can go into most any convenience store or gas station which there are multiple locations for within walking distance in almost any direction. i might not like it but if my country really wanted me and everyone else to stop smoking as seems to be th official position, then they would be doing me a favor if they banned it thereby forcing me to quit.

Anyway sorry for turning this into a tobacco rant.
No worries, it was actually my doing, I turned the tide of the thread into a another topic, not intentionally per say, but it started out with why I don't tell people here my country, I explained some similar things in my own thread called Killer a5 Haze (first grow ever) and it's the only thread I've seen on here that really irritated and pissed people off when they either gave me advice and I wasn't able to follow through by doing it like they told me to, or I was just annoying as hell, and yet I'm still not banned from icmag 😁 (yet) I just hope it doesn't happen at least until my grow is harvested dried and cured 😁, but still I guess it'd be great not getting a ban at all. I had another thread where I unintentionally pissed people off, but anyways I'm gonna try to return the thread back to it's main routine so anyways:
Potency is infact always has been very important for most even to some people with low tolerance and I haven't smoked proper ganja in years, it's the governments fault obviously (where I live) But I was worried about the air refresherners that I use and if they would affect it... I also hang those (I forgot the name again 😡) well they're similar to the ones like in a car but these are like smiley faces with very sweet fruity smells ... The air refresherners are normally essential oils or so they say that they are, but I've read about how Ona products perminantly change the smell and taste of the buds, (fortunately I don't use those) but nowhere does it say that it alters the high in anyway or even the potency, and I've asked and asked and nobody really even answers the question except for one person who somewhat answered it as a "I don't see how it would" so I guess that being said that if Ona doesn't change or alter the high or potency than obviously air refresherners which are much less chemical and not as overpowering couldn't possibly lower the potency or affect the high of my plant right? Logically speaking why would they? I've heard about others doing similar things in the same room as the plants and the high was still enjoyable, therefore they had no complaints but they never said if it would've been even better in quality or potency had they not done it so idk? Maybe no one really knows because nobody really does it to begin with? 😕 🤔

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
And is it even a real thing? I've certainly never seen 70% THC bubble hash.

Yes. And it can be amazing when done right. See my review of this ice water hash at 66.1%. Terra Nova Live Hash But it is expensive to do it right. That Terra Nova was double the price of a very good dry sift in the 40% area. What I found with it, was that you could use less product to get toasted. Or use your 'usual' size hit and get really slammed for 20 minutes or so before it all calms down. Of course, figures can lie but afaik, Canadian %s have to be reasonably accurate or producers can get into deep doo-doo.

goingrey

Yes. And it can be amazing when done right. See my review of this ice water hash at 66.1%. Terra Nova Live Hash But it is expensive to do it right. That Terra Nova was double the price of a very good dry sift in the 40% area. What I found with it, was that you could use less product to get toasted. Or use your 'usual' size hit and get really slammed for 20 minutes or so before it all calms down. Of course, figures can lie but afaik, Canadian %s have to be reasonably accurate or producers can get into deep doo-doo.
Pretty cool.

I was thinking more along the lines of isolate being mixed in than fake tests. 99% THC isolate is cheaper than even crappy hash.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I was thinking more along the lines of isolate being mixed in than fake tests. 99% THC isolate is cheaper than even crappy hash.

And this is very common in available products. Most of our producers are doing it because mid-40s THC seems to be what consumers expect a cheap hash to be now. I have tasted a few good blends using honey oil but many times the oil is obvious and not a good contribution.

Finepointcanon

Veteran
I have a thread but where I live it's still under strict laws, with half of the people (both in power, and citizens) all for legalization and the other half conservatives (again older ones in power and older citizens) who do a lot in their power to take down any potheads or used to years back, I'd rather not say the country, but for just one joint it used to be more than several years in horrendous prisons if anyone was caught.... Now CBD products are legal with minimal THC which is a big step forward l... But the conservatives in power (the older ones) still are heavily against the herb because they know that it'll destroy their illegal businesses, meanwhile there are those who just simply believe that it's worse than alcohol and cigarettes who still live in the stone age era, but drink a s**t ton (usually folk who are in their 50's and up and are normally very materialistic people... It's actually really tragic .... Anyways yeah I do have a thread... I sometimes spray but away from the plant and I do hang those things you talked about, with an open window blowing in lots of fresh air and all of them being fruit like or floral smells, some have real essential oils, others I'm not sure.... I don't know what it does to my Killer a5 Haze plant, it's actually my first grow of ganja or even any plant ever.... Even though I worked long long years in gardens before.... This is my first project with actually looking after a living being starting from a seed....
Congratulations! Next thing you know you'll be looking at your monthly income and figuring out how you can squeeze one more bag of worm castings into your expenses.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
As legalization takes hold in different marketplaces, another factor in the THC equation is practical. In Canada, Quebec has historically been a large hashish market since the Port of Montreal was a major entry point for cargo. With legalization, the Quebec law makers limited the province to 30% THC while most other provinces have no limit. So savvy producers can make a 30% version for Quebec and smack it with oil to boost it to 45% for the rest of Canada.

Here an Organic Lebanese hash (it is not Lebanese btw) from producer Rubicon in BC. Quebec gets 28.5% and Ontario gets 47.5%. The Ontario version was not bad at all with a very muted taste overall and I could not detect the oil.

1964compare.jpg

Nextgeneration73

Congratulations! Next thing you know you'll be looking at your monthly income and figuring out how you can squeeze one more bag of worm castings into your expenses.
Well it's been six to seven weeks in flowering and the income is not as big of an issue compared to other things, but buying all the stuff was, and also stressful due to waiting a month to get my payment for the order done right, it's a long complicated story that I don't even go into even on my thread.... However I on accidentally brought it down to 9/15 light dark schedule on the 6th day since it popped out of the soil and didn't dare to bring the light back up.....

funkyhorse

The Charas was definitely our favorite 🙏🏼 I was blessed to have a great contact who was a member of a higher ranking family, who could great charas that was so pliable and oily, it blew my mind wide open. Psychedelic, invigorating, blissful, with a deep sense of inner peace. Perfect high vibe smoke.

I was unable to locate any locally grown herb or hash. Granted I didn’t travel to all areas of the country. My parents were not keen us visiting the areas inhabited by "witches,” as the local city folk called them. I was never educated on what they were doing but I anticipate that they were practicing Sufism or a derivative. This would be more akin to Islamic Yoga or Spiritual Science, rather than “black magic.” These Mystics are known throughout the Middle East for their supernatural feats accomplished via trance states, so it is easy to understand why they would be seen as practicing witchcraft. Groups like this are known to use cannabis, alcohol, opium, and other lesser known psychotropics. If I been able to learn more about them in person, I think they could have had something local going on. The type of Islam around me was quite conservative and thus shunned anything that was not dicated as acceptable by their denomination.

According to some old timers, local production wasn’t considered an issue until around the 70s. That is when the King’s son overthrew him and came to power. He formed ties with Europe in his youth and once he overthrew the king in a bloodless coup, he set about drilling oil and modernizing the country. The punishments for cultivation and distribution became quite severe, even warranting death in some cases. It was a very low key activity when I was growing up. Posession of small amounts could have placed us in prison for decades, if not life. Even saying something unflattering about the King could be a death sentence. So I did my best to keep my head down and not openly talk about it. Secret police were everywhere, yet I rarely became paranoid due to the mellow and positive vibe of the charas/hash. 🙏🏼
🙏 Thanks for sharing
I smoked charas from Manali and Nepal for more than 20 years, 1 tola didnt last more than 7-10 days. I love this stuff, exactly as you describe it

What you explain about the kingdom is very interesting, it deserves its own thread
There are more countries with similar laws in this planet

What you explain about the people called witches is no less interesting
Have you seen these plants grow in the kingdom?
Egyptian henbane should grow freely in the kingdom, it is probably what the witches use to get into trance, it is what the desert mysticians use on the other side of the Red Sea coast

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Well it's been six to seven weeks in flowering and the income is not as big of an issue compared to other things, but buying all the stuff was, and also stressful due to waiting a month to get my payment for the order done right, it's a long complicated story that I don't even go into even on my thread.... However I on accidentally brought it down to 9/15 light dark schedule on the 6th day since it popped out of the soil and didn't dare to bring the light back up.....
You'll smooth it out bro, it's a wonderfully forgiving hobby.

HempKat

Veteran
No worries, it was actually my doing, I turned the tide of the thread into a another topic, not intentionally per say, but it started out with why I don't tell people here my country, I explained some similar things in my own thread called Killer a5 Haze (first grow ever) and it's the only thread I've seen on here that really irritated and pissed people off when they either gave me advice and I wasn't able to follow through by doing it like they told me to, or I was just annoying as hell, and yet I'm still not banned from icmag 😁 (yet) I just hope it doesn't happen at least until my grow is harvested dried and cured 😁, but still I guess it'd be great not getting a ban at all. I had another thread where I unintentionally pissed people off, but anyways I'm gonna try to return the thread back to it's main routine so anyways:
Potency is infact always has been very important for most even to some people with low tolerance and I haven't smoked proper ganja in years, it's the governments fault obviously (where I live) But I was worried about the air refresherners that I use and if they would affect it... I also hang those (I forgot the name again 😡) well they're similar to the ones like in a car but these are like smiley faces with very sweet fruity smells ... The air refresherners are normally essential oils or so they say that they are, but I've read about how Ona products perminantly change the smell and taste of the buds, (fortunately I don't use those) but nowhere does it say that it alters the high in anyway or even the potency, and I've asked and asked and nobody really even answers the question except for one person who somewhat answered it as a "I don't see how it would" so I guess that being said that if Ona doesn't change or alter the high or potency than obviously air refresherners which are much less chemical and not as overpowering couldn't possibly lower the potency or affect the high of my plant right? Logically speaking why would they? I've heard about others doing similar things in the same room as the plants and the high was still enjoyable, therefore they had no complaints but they never said if it would've been even better in quality or potency had they not done it so idk? Maybe no one really knows because nobody really does it to begin with? 😕 🤔
I wouldn't worry to much about getting banned becaus certain people gave you advice you didn't or couldn't follow Obviously the things you can't do are beyond your control otherwise you would label them as things you wouldn't do. Therefore you're unlikely to be punished for things beyond your control. As for the things you wouldn't do, people need to get a grip, while their advice may or may not be solid it's still just advice and as such it's your choice to follow it or not. All they can or really should do, if you decide not to take your advice is to just stop giving it. Unfortunately some people get too full of themselves sometimes and begin to thing their way is the only way. One of the first lessons i learned about this hobby is there are many ways to go about it and as such ultimately what is best for any grower is what they are comfortable with.

As for the air freshener thing i would guess the reason you don't get much feedback on your question is because not many use hangable ar fresheners for odor control and of the ones that do it's a fairly safe bet they don't have the scientific capability or equipment to verify what impact if any air fresheners might have on the potency or effect of Cannabis. If the one answer you got is the same one i read it was pretty clear that person was just giving their best guess and likely because they noticed nobody else was tackling the question. For my own part i really don't see how an air freshener would change potency or effect. I could see where they might effect the taste or smell but even there I would think you would have to hang a ton of tose air fresheners for that to happen. People get funny ideas about what impact various things have on the plant. For example there is a huge debate over what is best for the plant, chemical or organic fertalizers? This is based on feeling more then fact though. Those against chemical fertalizers tend to think that whater the plant uptakes thru it's roots stays in the same form and just stays present in the plant and this is based largely on anecdotal evidence where some claim that chemical fertalizers, at least certain brands, will render the bud virtually unsmokeable (this is mainly seen in people who used miracle grow brand ferts.) Yet there are many others who claim that they use miracle grow brand ferts with no problems. Leaving one to wonder if the problem sometimes reported about being unsmokable has more to do with how much of the fertalizer is used rather then the brand? People do funny things in the pursuit of bigger/ better yields like trying to force feed the plant more then normal thinking giving more will make the plant grow bigger and faster. Just as people are with food you can only eat so much before you're satisfied. You can force yourself to consistently eat more then you need and you will likely be bigger for it but not in a way that is desirable and it will likely also cause serious health issues over time. What a person or even a plant takes in however gets converted into different forms. If a person let's say ate nothing but cheesecake they wouldn't eventually turn into a cheesecake. Depending on how much they ate, they would turn into a fat and malnourished human.

HempKat

Veteran
Mistakes in the light schedule are fairly recoverable if it's a one time thing. In veg it likely wouldn't have any noticeable impact. It likely wouldn't in flower either if it was just a one day mistake.