What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terra Nova Live Hash - Purple Hills

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Terra Nova Live Hash

Genetics: Not specified but rumoured to be a Birthday Cake/ Black Cherry Punch cross
Grower/Producer: Purple Co – Purple Hills – Creemore ON

Overall Rating: Excellent for face melting

Smell: loud sweet strawberry
Taste: sweet berry incense – just a tad of harshness
Consistency: lightly pressed tan disc
Duration: long
Potency: Tested @ 66.1% with 1.9% CBD

Purple Hills Live Hash.jpg

This offering is from a small company that pools risks/rewards with other small growers to produce limited production premium cannabis products. It is sustainably sun grown in south central Ontario (or northern southern Ontario) around Creemore, an area getting up near Georgian Bay that is seemingly known for lavender farms. Ice extracted and supposedly pressed with a finger and that’s exactly what it looks like. Mine arrived broken . . .

Is it shatter or is it hash? While the consistency is lightly pressed moist sand with no goo, it has a kick that puts it in the concentrate class. But the high has longevity that I never get with other concentrates. That is all good of course, but the jury is still out about whether I like the high. With 4 small tokes I set out with my dog for our daily 2 point something km walk. It didn’t take me long to realize that I was HAF, with rubbery limbs and a foggy mind that probably shouldn’t have been out careening around the wilds of the local neighbourhood. A retailer in Toronto describes it as “a stake through the brain” (Body + Spirit) and while that may sound extreme, this does really fuck you up for the first 20 minutes before it calms down to a more enjoyable plateau of goodness.

Available @ retail cannabis stores in Canada. $27.99/1 gram

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I just wanted to add a postscript. The best hash that I ever smoked was some 'opiated' Nepalese fingertip that I had in the early 70s - probably 1972. It was one toke hash. I remember it quite distinctly because of its potency. One toke and you were nicely buzzed.

I tried one toke of the Terra Nova this morning as a wake & bake. Just one - about the size of a grain of rice. Boom. It is also one toke hash. Although I think I would rather have some of that Nepalese sitting here, the purple hills is a decent substitute. :rasta:

Reactions: Gry

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
FWIW a dime went for $10 in the '70s. Care to venture what a dime would cost today? Look!!!

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 06-30-25 Inflation Calculator.png

It's all relative. If it wasn't for the taxes, indeed it is a good price. I got my hands on some LH, not pretty buds (no bag appeal), but decent potency. 2-3 tokes = 2+ hrs. ($129) When you loose your stash and you simply cannot buy your strain(s) or can no longer grow. A man's gotta do what a man's got to do.