What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

POSTER CONTEST! WIN awesome SEEDS!

Blatant

Blatant

I'm running Linux here (since I'm poor and need something more stable and secure than windows) so I'm pretty darn limited on fonts and graphics work. That's why I used a satellite image of the ocean sea floor to create the marble effect :wallbash: Furthermore, I hate Helvetica with a passion. I hate it's arrogant decietful ways and it's smug attitude. Comic Sans is totally sweet and kicks some major ass; plus it's a free font. Which is good. I do have Impact, but it's just Helvetica in disquise. See the decietfulness I was talking about? Impact is swine. And it's mother. If I were a font, I'd knock its teeth out with my foot out of spite for trying to be different. If I were a font I'd be an extreme font with an attitude, and I'd go around kicking all of the other fonts asses everyday just for the hell of it. People would be like "Where's all my other fonts at?" They're duct taped to a chair in my basement, that's where. Don't mind the sound of the chainsaw running. They're only screaming because they're having so much fun. Silly fonts, keep it down in there.

:wave:

G

A THC chemical graphic I found - it may come in handy 4 U designers in something U do

G

Ya know Cannabisourus, I was thinking that same thing. Helvetica with its Fancy Shmancy type is just too much of a Shapeshifter hiding inside a TT Font. Evil doer! Make sure to go Resevoir Dog on its ass and take its ear!

I bet if you were a font you would only be in Bold and Italicized. :biglaugh: Damn you fonts! I have about 50,000 fonts (no joke) and I think about 20,000 look exactly alike.

Good post man I like your sense of Humor!

Blatant :respect:

Bam!

Bam!

8"x11" Color Enhanced

5148ICMag_2006_V14_Final.jpg

It's good to go :)

R

Ronley

Cannabisourus said:
I hate Helvetica with a passion. I hate it's arrogant decietful ways and it's smug attitude. Comic Sans is totally sweet and kicks some major ass; plus it's a free font. Which is good. I do have Impact, but it's just Helvetica in disquise. See the decietfulness I was talking about? Impact is swine. And it's mother. If I were a font, I'd knock its teeth out with my foot out of spite for trying to be different. If I were a font I'd be an extreme font with an attitude, and I'd go around kicking all of the other fonts asses everyday just for the hell of it. People would be like "Where's all my other fonts at?"

:wave:

I had no idea...

Foz

head inna bag
Thank you Nate, I try to do my best and I'm glad someone likes my stuff.

I've been told the angel I've drawn in my previous poster looks a bit... how to say... pissed off :rolleyes: ... so I decided to use a more friendly ginger fairy :D
To be honest I prefer the angel to the fairy but... you know... I'm not the judge. :)
Peace

Gamera

Cannabisourus said:
8"x11" Color Enhanced

5148ICMag_2006_V14_Final.jpg

It's good to go :)

This is going to be a hard one to judge. Lots of shotgun entries as well as direct hits. After my posters (of course) I like this "pull my finger" one. :D

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Very nice with all the color enhancement Cannabisourus. We refer to the event
as the 420 Growers Cup and I don't see 'Growers' in the title. Could we see it
that way? Might have to reduce font size a bit, as it might make it
too 'busy'
with that addition???

Gamera....pull my finger....LMAO! :bat: :dance: :D

Lots of good ideas being presented, and no decision has been made yet, but must
say that I do like Cannabisourus' spin....especially because it's CDA Minister
Piet Hein Donner (Christian Democrat party in NL) that would like nothing more than
to tighten the ropes on cannabis within the country. A poster like this just might
make alot of heads turn....and THAT'S the idea! :woohoo:

Keep the creativity coming! Good job everyone.

:bis:
dg

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Wow....sure looks different now, maybe cause of the diesel
I just smoked, but the new text layout is a bit confusing to
me, kinda hard to put the letters together...I know, think
outside the box, but still, just seems a bit hard to follow
the up and down and staggering of the letters. But this part
is all easily worked on later...actually it's the basic art work
that's the most important thing to decide upon.

dg

You may have a point there DG, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to make the lettering fit together. I've got plenty of time to bang my head against the wall though so I'm sure to think of something :D

G

Wow - some great work here - well done to all the entrants - remember that for these posters to work in print they need to be A3 size, but at 300dpi resolution - this means the images that are used to contruct them need to be very large & high quality -

simply enlarging an image that you've found on the web will not work as it will blur/pixelate to the point of being unusable for a print design.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Thanks for that explanation pittbull....I know nothing of the techy details, but I'm
sure you do having designed this past 420 Cup Poster, so any help you can give
those making entries is much appreciated, or if you have something for us to consider
please let us see!.....you do awesome work too! :woohoo:

:friends:
dg

Latest posts

Latest posts